15 replies to this topic

#1 Sinister

Sinister

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:43 AM

King's Quest III has just been released, we'd like if you could add it to your list on this site. Thank you.

--------------------------------PRESS RELEASE----------------------------------------

That's right, the long damn wait is over. I smile with joy as I type these words in, thinking if this day was ever to come. The production is over, the testers are done and everything is ready to go. King's Quest III has finally been released. Remember this date, the 19th of June. The day KQ3 was released!

Posted Image

It?s been twenty years since the evil wizard Manannan first appeared on our computer screens, but now, thanks to the hard work and dedication of the team at Infamous Adventures, he?s back!

Kings Quest 3 : To Heir is Human was first released by Sierra On-Line back in 1986. As the second sequel to the hugely popular and successful Kings Quest series, it fast became a fan favourite. Roberta Williams, author of the Kings Quest series, broke new ground in computer games, introducing players to the magic map concept (making travel quicker between screens), timed puzzles and an in-depth spell casting system. All these things are standard fare in today?s games, but were original concepts in 1986.

Unfortunately, due to the advances made in computer technology over the last twenty years, such classic games no longer run on the modern computer. It was with this in mind that Infamous Adventures decided to remake this game, bringing it up to the quality of Kings Quest 5 & 6. Klytos, Executive Producer of IA?s Kings Quest 3 had this to say. ?We just love this game and felt that even twenty years later the story was relevant and, more importantly, still fun. We wanted to introduce a new generation of gamers to this classic and show older players who remember the original something new and special. We think we?ve done this, but it?s up to the fans to tell us what they think.?

Boasting all new full VGA backgrounds, enhanced hand-drawn close up cut-scenes, dialog portraits for all the characters, original music by our professional composer, full speech pack (including narrator) and a new point-and-click interface, make Infamous Adventures? remake of Kings Quest III one of the best remakes on the fan-game market. And the best part is, it?s free!

Re-experience this timeless adventure now at www.infamous-adventures.com.

We would love to give a huge thanks to everyone involved in this project, too many to name but you know who you are. Yet that's not it, it's you the fans who kept us going. We would love to give you the biggest of thanks out of anyone, I mean if we just had tumbleweed as support I don't think we'd have got very far. Anyway, I know you want to play the game. Well, go right ahead.

DOWNLOAD King's Quest III NOW!

The voice pack will be released next week, we didn't want you guys to wait any longer. Don't worry, you won't have to redownload the game just for the voice pack. Just simply add the file to the program and boom, you're off!

Again, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributed, whether it be the team or the fans, this game is for you. Enjoy.

#2 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:48 AM

awesome :)

*can't wait to play it*
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:52 AM

Wickedness. :) *Also can't wait to play*

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:10 AM

Ooh, great! And during the holidays, too.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:30 AM

Whoohooo!!!

We already have one in the team working on it! :)

And, look! There's even a smurf in the Project Team! What more could I ask for? LOL

Yo!

#6 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

Looks fantastic! :)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#7 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

cool. i always liked the third one but couldnt handle the controls. this should be fun ^^

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#8 Sinister

Sinister

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

Thank you guys. It was a blast to make.

We have had so much response to this game our 250 gb of bandwith arent enough.. so we are having problems with the site, bare with us.

And if you think this is great, you'll love our voice pack. It's on the pro-level.

The best voice pack for any remake yet.

Features:
-Full Narrator Speech
-Ditigatally Mastered Voices

Original Sierra Voice Actors:
-Andy Hoyos (as Manannan)
-Josh Mandel (as King Graham)

Hope you enjoy it. It will be available shortly in a few days. (after we sort our bandwith problems since the voice pack is big).

#9 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

Really looking forward to it :)

Yo!

#10 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:25 PM

Have you guys thought of using a .torrent? I'm sure you'd see a big reduction in the bandwidth usage, and it's better for most people downloading too (especially right after a release since there'll be plenty of peers and their d/l speed from your site would be low). Just a thought.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#11 Sinister

Sinister

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:10 AM

Yes, we are looking into that as i type. We've also added a few more official mirrors, and we've learnt that some people have started hosting the game on their own.  :)

So far before 24hrs of the games release hit, we hit the 6000 download mark. So far are unofficial counts go up to 10,000.

Man, we have very happy that people are enjoying this game a lot. It took 2 years of hard work from our team.

Thanks for the support guys.

#12 Sinister

Sinister

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

Ok, so here is the big news on this game. The long awaited update. A transcript from the IA site;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, it's finally here. The long awaited patch and voicepack. Firstly I'd like to apologise to you the fans who have been patiently awaiting this, yes we promised nearly two months ago that this would only take a few days (a week at the most) but things changed. Secondly, I'd like to say that the patch isn't really a patch. Because of the work we did to the game, the patch itself was going to be nearly the same size as the entire build. So we figured why bother having both. Sorry about that folks.

After fixing all the bugs which had been pointed out to us, we went through the game as much as we could and fixed all the minor things (like walkbehind errors, graphical glitches etc) that weren't crashable bugs but certainly detracted from the gaming experience. All in all there were well over 200 errors in this area, not including spelling and gramatical errors. This took us to about the three week point.

Then we decided to add in some things that you the fans pointed out to us were in the classic game and not in our remake. You thought it detracted from the overall game, and although sometimes we didn't agree, we added in what we could. The magic map onboard the pirate ship has been added, as has interactions for every inventory item on the general game world, even if it does nothing it'll bring up a standard response to let you know nothing happened. One of my favorites was to add in some more ambient sounds in the game world, giving the game more of an in-depth feel. For a full list of all the fixes and additions you can open the fix list document in the game directory.

Then there's the things we added because we had some time. (We had the time because of the voice pack, but I'll get to that soon). Something that wasn't a bug, yet annoyed me was not having a delete button in the save game menu, so we added that in, as well as giving players a warning when the save list is full (which was a bug). Sinister decided that Manannan didn't look evil enough and that he should have a "cool" red trim on his robes as he did in the classic game. Although I was sceptical at first he produced some fantastic sprites which neatly fit over the top of the old sprites, so we added them in and they look brilliant. LittleBlueSmurf worked with Sinister and recoloured the dialog portraits which now look even better than they already did. Little things, like adding in a couple of animations we had half-finished for deaths, adding in the fish in the ocean eating you in fly form, putting a chime in when points are scored, we had a little time so we added what we could. And we think it makes for a better game. (We also added in a special ending if you finish the game with full points, we hope you enjoy it, we think it rocks.)

Now the reason we had some time was that we had some major problems with the voice pack. We started going through it and discovered that we had lost some of the voice files, in particular Andy Hoyos' performance of about half of the Manannan files, which everyone assumed somebody else had but nobody did because we all assumed that they were still on the forums which had been hacked a few months ago. So re-recording was required on some parts. Then the painful and slow work of making sure all the files were edited to the same format and the same volume level was done by Ponderer. And finally we added the speech into the game and made sure everything matched up and of course some lines didn't so we had to change the build to match the voice files as much as possible. This took just over a month to do.

So there you have it. That's what we've done over the last two months. That and enjoy the fact that so many people have enjoyed our little project.

Oh yeah, there really wasn't a "Moonlight Sonata" in the first release of the game. We added it into the soundtrack to amuse ourselves watching people looking for it. It was fun, thanks people. I will give you an ironclad guarantee now though, it is definetly in version 2 of the game. I'll even let you know where! Remember that special ending I talked about a few paragraphs ago, it's in there. Honestly. (Note : I'm surprised somebody didn't simply play the music.vox file in the music player which is available to download on the AGS website. Would have been a simple way to prove it wasn't in the game.)

Klytos
Team Leader IA's Kings Quest III Project"

#13 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

Whoopee! :bleh:

Yo!

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

Awsomeness. :bleh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:04 PM

Looks like a job for Frodo.:bleh:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

Reply to this topic