14 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

this is a great game. though apparently we allready have too many, and noone plays them... that is a shame.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

View Posta1s, on Jun 4 2006, 08:59 PM, said:

this is a great game. though apparently we allready have too many, and noone plays them... that is a shame.

To many games?   :P
This is a gaming site.  How can we have too many games?   :(
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

adventure games.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

View Posta1s, on Jun 4 2006, 10:35 PM, said:

adventure games.
Fair enough, but what would you suggest to balance things out? Not adding any adventure games for the next six months?:(

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#6 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

encourgaing* people to revivew more of other genres. (after all on this site the games are allready there, so whatver gets reviewed can get on the site).

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#7 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

Bribing DeathDude and Frodo to review only non-adventure games, you mean?:(

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:17 PM

Actually have been trying to branch out from adventures, done quite a few action/arcade games in the last while. :(

Still if ya want to see less adventure games, go review something else, we put up what we receive in the upload and adventure is a popular genre, so go forth and review others.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:45 PM

I've also written a few non-adventure reviews that are still waiting to be put up on the site.  

:(
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#10 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:02 PM

And I'm working on a quite awesome RPG game package for us :(

But let's talk about Other Worlds from now on :P
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:35 AM

I thought this was a brilliant game - really long.    :P  

Some of the puzzles are kinda tricky though, but it's well worth persevering.  

:(

#12 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:28 AM

Well, I think there can never be enough adventure games on a gaming site. Whoever is not interested in them is always free to switch to puzzle, RPG, arcade, brainless shooting action etc., aren't they  :P

I finished "Other Worlds" during the past weekend and really liked most of it: the length, the graphics (Red Sea backgrounds were smashing beautiful!!!), the music... but thought there were a few characters too many  - could hardly remember their names  ;)  

The two Demons were funny as hell, but what really disappointed me a bit was the end... is there only one ending or would it be possible to get to another solution... ???

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:57 AM

View PostCataBina, on Oct 9 2006, 08:28 AM, said:

The two Demons were funny as hell, but what really disappointed me a bit was the end... is there only one ending or would it be possible to get to another solution... ???
I love adventure games as well.   :P  

I'm afraid there is only one ending for this game.  I thought it was really sad.  Glad you enjoyed playing it though.   ;)

#14 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

View PostFrodo, on Oct 9 2006, 09:57 AM, said:

I'm afraid there is only one ending for this game.  I thought it was really sad.

Right. Not only did I find it sad, but after playing the game for such a long time, I found it frustrating and also a bit illogical since one of the Other World's inhabitants seemed to have made it to the outside... very strange...

#15 catchaserguns

catchaserguns

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:49 AM

This game has good music,good backgrounds,ok jokes, and good puzzles. I'm terrible with adventure games. I always need a walkthrtough.

Reply to this topic