#106 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:07 AM

Hello Minti. :D

Javier is the nowadays version of Xavier. Not only in my name, in the whole Spanish language 'x' [ʃ] changed into 'j' [x] some time during the past centuries. It's only that being the name of a country "México" didn't change its spelling when the change occurred, but now it's pronounced in Spanish as if it was written "Méjco", also by Mexicans themselves.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#107 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

Hear ye hear ye!

Some smurfy LOL magic LOL has changed my name from Tanaka to Japofran. That's quite a coincidence, :D since that's my name in Abandonia as I said. Once this has happened it's meant to be definitive. Thanks to Tom.

Yours sincerely,

The Poster Formerly Known as Tanaka. LOL
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#108 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

Hi my name is Antonio and I came from the country of pasta and pizza(guess too difficult eh LOL ).What bring me to abandonware and to abandonia?Well my passion for old games come at first because I never had a great computer to play the new beast of today:P and for second because I wanted so much to play the games that be in my childhood.I have to do my compliment for this great site because its one of my fevourite especially when still not fall under the black shadow of the "ESA".I hope to have great time here and have some beers together :D

#109 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

Hey there, and welcome LOL

But I think you might have accidentally gotten on the wrong site. This Abandonia site is for freeware only. If you are looking for abandonware, you need to go to the other Abandonia.

But if you enjoy freeware games as well, then I hope you will enjoy this site as well.

:D

Yo!

#110 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

Wrong site? pffft.

You're at the perfect site. So we don't have abandonware, but freeware is better anyway (it's legal) LOL

Welcome to AR, ManoFWar :D
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#111 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

I have to agree to that. I've more or less stopped going to the other site. This place rocks! :D

Yo!

#112 Henning

Henning

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

...If you say so.

#113 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

Welcome indeed ManoFWar to AR. :D

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#114 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:49 AM

Yep, welcome!
...70 years... LOL

#115 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

Thx guys for the warm welcome.Yes I visit both site more reloded because I know there are many people out there that are very good in making game and as Taikara said they are legal so nobody bother you:P.I think anyway that also the abbandon were stuff  should be free but this is another story and I don't want to go off topic:P
I forget to said that I like music a lot especially rock like:Iron Maiden Helloween,Gamma Ray Metallica and many others but also pop music like R.E.M.And compliment to Deathdude for his musical taste.
ok that's all see you around:)

#116 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:17 PM

Howdy.

As if my handle didn't give it away, I'm Michael.  I am currently living in Kansas after about 6 years (this time) in Germany.   I have travelled a little, mostly to places I didn't really want to go.  My interest in games started in high school when we had Apple II's (Ultima) and a green screen TSR 80.  I suppose this dates me a little.  The first computer I owned was a TI 99/4a that I worked mowing lawns for.  Unknown classics like Tunnels of Doom and Parsec in cartridge format.  I did get the cables to hook up the computer to a tape deck and started programming it to do my physics homework for me.  I still have this computer as well as an Amiga 500, one of the very first Macs, and I used to be the proud owner of several home-made 286, 386, and 486 computers.  I have a copy of DOS 6.22 still in it's wrapping (I suppose it's not a collectible like a star wars action figure **sigh**).  I am a collector of games.  I don't necessarily play them all, I do have a semblance of a life. I love the older games like Master of Magic, Star Control 2, Dune 2.  I have been a regular visitor to this site and also abandonia but registered only because I wanted to post something in the forum.  I actually am not much of a writer.

#117 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

Welcome Michael. LOL

And I think you should write more. You have a really good mind, and you see clearly in a lot of things.

You'd be (and have been sofar) a valuable addition to debates on this forum. :D

Yo!

#118 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, those last words are pure BS! No offence meant, actually quite the opposite! :D
...70 years... LOL

#119 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

Ciao ManoFWar, hello Michael.

I hope you both have a great time on this site :P

#120 Henning

Henning

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:23 AM

View Postgrinder, on Jun 10 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

Just wanted to give a quick hello!
Well, since I'm in the mood of story-telling, here goes my extended hello:

My name is, as said before, Henning, my second name will forever remain a secret (at least I hope so). I was born in Bonn, Germany, into a family of 4 back then (we're 6 now). I'm what Germans call a "Sandwichkind". Kind meaning child, the whole term meaning a child that was neither the first or last born into a family. As such, I of course get the good attitude, understanding character, and love for peace. Not really, but it was worth saying it.

My character depends on the eye of the beholder. I reserve the right to talk to whoever I want and ignore whomever I want to. Apparently, some teachers do not share that way of life. As for my traits, I'm a good friend, but just to a few people for the reasons given above. I'm usually calm and peaceful - until people start annyoing me, that's when I get icy and insulting. I also swear a lot, and pretty much on purpose. I pick my enemies carefully, though it needs a great deal to make someone my enemy. I have my own definitions of the words friend and enemy, but describing those would take to long. Other character traits would be these:
I'm helpful, understanding, and a good person to talk, BUT I tend to be quite cocky/arrogant and sometimes *kvetch* at people just because they annoy me and I'm enjoying myself.

My hobbies are drawing (mostly pencil drawings), reading (action/fantasy), airsoft (mostly the support/covering fire position), hanging out with friends, computer stuff (mostly community-based), and last but not least Mac fanboyism.

Right now, I am a student of 15 years (16 on September 24th), and my favourite subjects are English, Geography and History. The two first ones are my Profilkurse, too. Meaning that they are the subjects I put the main emphasis on, because their grades count as double.

So I guess that's pretty much it, criticism is welcome :bleh: