The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:29 AM

View PostEagle of Fire, on Sep 10 2008, 11:44 PM, said:

Windows "encountered a problem"
I play ADOM on DOSBox... ;)
But I don't like the typeface used on the DOS version...;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#2028 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

Could always put it on dosbox just for that part.  ;)

#2029 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

View Postchumloofah, on Sep 11 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

Could always put it on dosbox just for that part.  ;)
No I can't. I play the winbeta version which wont work with DOSBox.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#2030 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Reloaded Crew
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

Or dual-boot Ubuntu or something. Not worth it just for ADoM, but not a bad idea in general ;)

Or, and I know I'm out on a limb here, play a different RL ;) If you want a recommendation, I'm pretty addicted to Crawl again at the minute.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.</div>

#2031 sup

sup

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

This is a really neat game, lovin' the text-based look.

#2032 Maash

Maash

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi all.

Pretty old thread but good one.

I've got a quite long Adom history (since -94 and gamma something). I normally play this for few months every two or three years. So far I've won once with non-corrupted character ( I went to unicorn after closing the gate) and once with quite corrupted. Also I've died in the final level  ~5-10 times.

So it's old flame burning again and I've started playing for the first time with Troll Farmer. It's currently level 17 and I've got a little problem learning spells. My literature is ~80 (got it from blessed Dark Sage) but I cannot really get it any higher (+1 increases with level adjustments) and potions of trainings haven't really helped. I've also read _a lots_ of crappy light and darkness spellbooks, but problem is that I've got to drop everything else and go really far to read them as they 90% of time explode, burst into flames, etc and therefore destroy stuff. I've used barbarian clearing for this at it has a lot of space for this. My learning is 27 and willpower ~40. So are troll farmers inheritly extremely bad at learning spells or what? I kind need them in the long run. Also I (assume) that I got some effect from drinking from pools that my powerpoints do no charge anymore. I need to walk from one end of the wilderness to another to get the back on (not that I do that). So I'm pretty much using my healt (I've got about 200) and it charges like crazy (got that corruption + it's a troll born in day of candle (or something)).

Othervise it's going on great. I've used a lot of time (it's around day 130 or so)to pickpocket gremlins (5000 which of 3500 are in graveyard). I've had one ring of dijinn summoning (i had to use that wish for scrolls of chaos resistance as I didn't get any from Dwarven mystic) and I didn't had any magic map scrolls, wands or spells. Othervise the character is kick ass. I've got "big punch" and eternium spears as main weapons and dv/pv 60/35 with very aggressive. Also the farmer skills came handy in the start as I could boost my stats, piety and food right form the start.

So far I've:
-Done all the dwarf stuff
-Pyramid
-Cleared the dark forge (poisoned eternium quarrels) for the main dude, club for the steel golems)

I don't have enough resistance for the ToEF yet (I've got blessed fireproof blanket, ring of ice and blessed righ of fire resistance, but me and my stuff still got damage). I'm trying to get the AoLS and get the scrolls from the sage dude on the stairs. So I'll head next to ToHK as the gremlins are getting pretty nasty (gotta get away with wand of teleportation).

Also a little semi-hasard was that I tried the blessed familiar summoning in the Dwarven Halls. I got Balor :O. Stupid for me I just let it hang with me for a while, but it got pissed (thankfully not in dwarf town, but one level above it). As my dude is rubbish with arrows (I'm only proficient with quarrels and hadn't any in demon slaying variety) I was pretty screwd as I couldn't melee it. So I had to use most of my teleport charges (both wand and precious few I had in memorized spell format) and all of my wand of cold and acid charges. But it died (huh). Got 3 levels from it and black dragons it summoned.

#2033 Maash

Maash

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Oh shit. It just came to me that I don't have concentration -skill. That explains the difficulties I have with learning spells.

So that's two things I need to wish for...

#2034 Guest_Prashant_*

Guest_Prashant_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Just updated LaTeX Writer to 1.3 a few mitenus ago and the new app will not launch, just crashes. No longer usable (iPad 1/iOS 5.1.1/32GB). Please rectify this situation. Will you besupporting the PGPLOTS or ModernCV packages?

#2035 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hey there Prashant

I'm sorry you're having trouble with ADOM.  I had a look at the game developer's own site (which is where you download it from), and it doesn't seem to be compatable with the ipad.

I suggest you contact him directly, to see if he has any plans for an ipad version.   :smile:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Or click here to view them all.

Reply to this topic

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com