City Of Secrets
Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:47 AM
Nick: Well look at this. I got you all in one room.
*Nick waves his arms in the air* *Suddenly all the doors get a black glow all over them, it's a force field. The doors are permanently locked. The only one able to unlock them is the person who set them.*
Nick: Alright, before you all start attacking me, let me speak my mind.
Quia: Why should we? After what you did to us!
Nick: Listen, you were my friends! I was the idiot who invited you here! And we were going to have a nice dinner. But then instead of making it a private matter, and taking me to the side to ask your questions, you used magic against me. And now look what happened...
Frodi: What happened?
Nick: Sarah is dead.
*Quia and Frodi give each other a sad look.*
Frodi: We didn't mean to kill anyone...!
Nick: But you did! Both of you did!
Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:09 AM
-Cut the crap at this moment, Nick. WE didn't kill no one! We aren't responsible for Sarah's dead! YOU are responsible for his dead! Your secrets, whatever you did to summon all these ghost, your anger, everything! How can you even suggest that we are at a fault for her death? And don't even pretend to care for her, she was obviously in love with you and you called her a WHORE? - suddenly his eyes start to glow, while Tim and Frodi steps away from him, the little hobbit scared of seeing his friend with so much anger and fury.
And suddenly the glow stops, when Tracker touches his leg while trying to stand up, bloody and pain-ridden as he is. Once on his foot, he looks at El Quia.
-We should stop this... now- the pain is obvious in his face, in his voice-. And you too Nick. No... one is going any...where- he coughs, and some blood is spilled on the floor-. You must tell what is really happening here, and let us help you.
The determination in Nick's face waivers for a moment, for the first time in a long time true concern wash over him, true concern and guilt. But El Quia is restless.
-I can't believe it. I really want to help the land, to stop wit the ghost, to know what the hell is happening here. But I can't trust Nick, I can't be friends with him anymore. Not after I saw what I saw.
-Me either. You where my friend, Nck, what happened to you?- The pained expression in Frodi's face shows her concern for Nick.
Tim looks at Nick, seeing him so changed from the Nick he knew, that he can barely believe they are the same person. But in that expression of concern, Tim begins to see a glimmer of the old Nick.
-Nick- says Tim-. We are entitled to our doubts after what we saw. If you really believe we were your friends, then please tell us what's really happens, what the these deal with all this. Please, explain us what is really happening, and make us trust you again.
Nick, after hearing his friend, hardens his face again.
-You could have avoided all these if you El Quia wasn't so... so.. disrespectful in that dinner.
-But El was a victim of one of your torture devices, what do you except?- Says Frodi.
-Please, the Nick I knew wasn't so kin to go against his friends... please, allow us to know what is happening...
Nick's face turns into indecision again, and his inner turmoils leaves his confused, no really knowing what to do. Tracker grunts from the pain.
> Drink blood
Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:02 PM
- Nick, can you watch him dying? – she asked while pointing at Tracker. – If you are truly our old friend we once knew… well, the person who you used to be would help him.
Nick suddenly decided:
- I would, but since Tracker blew up most of my employees, we’ll have to take him to my hospital ourselves. It isn’t too far from here anyway.
- I can go there myself, show the way Nick – said Tracker. To prove it, he managed to climb the stairs. The others followed him, and Nick leaded them along the corridor. They were walking silently. None of them could find the right words now. Tracker broke the silence:
- By the way, it seems it would take weeks, if not months for me to recover. This week wasn’t the best for me, so it would be nice from you if you could tell me how to speed up my health regeneration, since I sense magic among us… - he said to his new „companions”.
Quia and Frodi looked at each other, like they were knowing a secret. Tim was looking at Nick, waiting for him to reveal one of his secrets. But Nick was confused again, since he used to cause problems rather helping when he wanted to save someone… „I can’t help him… I don’t want to make an other ghost…” – he tought.
City of Secrets website - The One And Only
Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:27 PM
Nick: I can't do this anymore....
Quia: What are you talking about? Trackers dying, we need to...
Nick: No, he won't die. His wounds are enough to weaken him massively, but my lab has some very experimental technology that can heal him. I need to talk....
*Nick walks down the steps and turns around to face the group*
Nick: I was a mobster.... I had everything, money, power, girls, everything a man could want.... But then the man I respected and trusted, Don Sal Leone, backstabbed me, and blackmailed me.... He tried to blame a murder on me.... He tried to destory me... And he even succeeded in killing me...
*Frodi takes a step back with a petrified look on her face*
Frodi: Kill you? Your still alive... right?....
*Nick turns around and points to a massive wound on the side of his head... A gunshot wound.*
Nick: How could I have survived this? I was shot in the head.... After I was shot, I felt the life draining out of me, it was cold, dark, and sad.... I needed a way to survive, I couldn't die. In death, I made a deal... A dark deal... I would come back to life for a price.
Quia: ...What price...?
Nick: ... That I would transport souls into death... When they die, they come here. It's a waiting period, to decide if they go to heaven or hell. It's my job to keep order, and watch them.
Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:14 AM
EL: So what are you then Nick? Tell me. You claim to be dead, but I can still see you. I *KNOW* I'm not crazy, so just what exactly are you? A ghoul? A spirit? A poltergeist? A demon? What?
NICK: I... I don't know what I am. I can't define it. No wait... that's not true. *Nick's conscience begins to return, as he thinks about everything that has happaned since he came to this island. He lowers his voice, and speaks very slowly now* I'm a monster. In the truest sense of the work*
FRODI: *burst into tears* No, I don't believe it. It can't be true. You're here, you're not dead. There MUST be something we can do...
*Tim just slumps against the wall, shocked beyond belief to finally learn his friend's dark fate. After what seems like an eternity*
EL: But I don't understand. You watch over these souls, and you have to keep order? But the ghosts are out of control. We've all seen that.
NICK: I know, I know. They're getting too powerful. It's getting harder to control them. And I'm tired... so tired. *a look a weariness washes over Nick, and Frodi, El and Tim all see a glimpse of the old Nick*
FRODI: *speaks gently* What can we do Nick. How can we help you?
TIM: Who was murdered Nick? You should have told me that Don Sal was blackmailing you. Maybe I could have helped.
*finally, Tracker speaks up*
TRACKER: *looks coldly at Nick* You had your... henchmen... drag me off to your dungeon. You use your dark magic to try and strangle me to death. El has fallen victim to your torture device - why you even have torture device is beyond me? *coughs up some more blood* But that's beside the point. You'll forgive me if I shed no tears for you. *pauses for a moment, before continuing* Like I said before, I was sent here to help you. But thanks to your "warm welcome" *glowers again at Nick*, it will be quite some time before I'm in a fit state for anything.
NICK: *looks genuinely concerned* I... I'm sorry. I...
TRACKER: Can it. I don't wanna hear your apologies. Now I believe you mentioned something about a hospital?
NICK: Of course, it's this way *goes to help Tracker, but Tracker shakes him off*
TRACKER: *shouts at Nick* I don't need you stinking help. Just lead the way. COUGH COUGH COUGH
*Tracker stumbles a bit, but catches himself on the wall. Nick, Frodi, El, Tim, and Tracker leave the dark cell, and Nick leads them to the hospital wing*
Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:44 AM
-El, can't you do something for him with your knowledge of magic?- says Frodi, concerned at Tracker's state.
-I wish I could. But my knowledge of magic is limited. I know some handy spells and some very flashy spells, but nothing about healing magics. I am just a dabbler, although I intend to remedy that: it seems that magic could help us a lot here.
The group finally arrives at the lab/hospital where Frodi and Quia have been healed of their conditions. When Nick enters, he starts barking orders and an instant later, Tracker is being treated by the doctors. The group stays outside by order of the MDs.
-Rest assured that Tracker will receive the best treatment we can give him. If all goes well, he should be better sooner than you think. Now excuse me, but I must tend to Sarah's remains. When that is out of the way, I will send Bling for you, so we can finally talk at length about everything that goes wrong here and discuss possible solutions. Meanwhile, you are free to do whatever you want to do. But please, try not to get out of the castle before we have our little chat.
Frodi, El Quia and Tim watches Nick entering the elevator and the doors closing behind him.
-Well, I guess we must stay here until knowing something about Tracker's condition. But nothing says we must wait on an empty stomach. Maybe we can ask someone to bring us some kind of breakfast or even lunch, I don't know what time is it. What do you think?- while he is still talking, El Quia pressed a button, calling a servant.
> Drink blood
Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:05 AM
*Nick, with a wobbly motion, walks over to a bench and sits down.*
*After a few minutes, Nick tries to get up, but quickly he falls back down on the bench. His ears start ringing with a piercing noise, and his head starts pounding. Then Nick starts sweating uncontrollably.*
*Suddenly, a voice starts whispering...*
Voice: Soooo, you told our little secret huh Nick... Hahaha.... You broke the rules....
*Nick tries to talk, but his voice keeps cracking*
Nick: It's.... not our secret.... It's yours... AND IT'S DESTROYING EVERYTHING!
*Nick's voice echo's throw the great hall*
Voice: You want to play this game.... do ya?..... Fine.... two can play.....
Nick: You can not do this.... You can't keep doing things to me... Sumonsar....
Voice: Hahaha.... so you have enough energy to mention my name? Fine, have your way my little pawn...
Nick: AHHHHH! NO! You can't do .... this! *Nick's body starts shaking, his eyes popping, and his body soaked with sweat.... Blood starts coming out of his noise.*
Nick: NOO! Back to the underworld Sumonsar! Be gone with ye... *As Nick utters those words, he falls of the bench, and passes out. He's completely unconscious...*
*Nick's skin turns white... and blood continues to run out of his noise.*
*The room is silent. And the air starts thickening... Something is going to happen... The world is no longer safe...*
Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:50 PM
FRODI: What's going to happen to Nick now? I can't believe he's really dead. Surely we can help him somehow. *turns to El* There MUST be a way to bring him back. I know you're magic is limited, but is there anything you can do? Anything at all?
EL: *shakes his head* I'm sorry Frodi, but there is nothing I can do. Nick has been dabbling in some very dark magic... well beyond my knowledge.
FRODI: *starts pacing* I know El, I just wish so bad that there was something we could do... to help Nick, to help Tracker, to get rid of the ghosts, everything.
TIM: He should have told me that Don Sal was blackmailing him. He was my friend, why didn't he tell me? I could have protected him - watched his back. *pauses. before sadly continuing* But the Nick I saw tonight - so cold, so callous. He's been... changed... for a while now, but nothing as bad as this. He never used to be like this.
EL: They say that the dead lose their soul. That would explain the change in him - he has no soul now.
TIM: But then, what changed his mind again? He really wanted to help Tracker just now.
EL: I really don't know. I'm as puzzled as you are. But there were some instances where I saw a glimpse of the old Nick.
FRODI: *to no-one in particular* Oh Nick, what did you got yourself mixed up in?
*before anyone can answer, a sudden voice pierces through the air*
VOICE: Code 1 Critical to the Great Hall. Repeat, Code 1 Critical to the Great Hall. Medical emergancy. Nick needs emergency medical assistance. Code 1 Critical to the Great Hall*
*El, Frodi, and Tim rush out the room, and see about 30 medical doctors rushing to the elevator. A whole array of scary-looking medical equipment is going with them - electrolises devices, heart monitors, bleeping machines, and all sorts of other things that couldn't be identified*
FRODI: What... what's going on? Has something happaned to Nick?
EL: We want to go too. What can we do to help?
*But no-one responds. El, Frodi, and Tim are just pushed aside, all questions unanwered. The elevator doors close, leaving a frightened, and bewildered trio behind*
Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:46 AM
- Well, how do you feel? I tought you were healed last time, but it seems you didn’t… Why do you need to always make mess, huh? – the nurse said in a cheerful voice, like they were in a stupid TV show about hospitals.
- I feel very well, thank you. I was coughing up blood for an hour now, and it seems I’ll be dead. Wish me luck. – said Tracker.
- You don’t need luck, young human. Elves… ehm, I mean, angels are watching your path.
- Elves? I tought so! I hope you won’t make me sleep again! So, tell me everything. Why would the obviously non-existent elves would help me? Especially dead elves dressed as nurses. It’s nonsense.
- Allright, calm down. First I give you medicine and then we’ll talk.
She took a small bottle filled with a red liquid, and put it in an injection device.
- Let me see your arm, please – she said, and thrusted the needle in Tracker’s vein. The liquid were glowing, so Tracker could see it going through his veins, towards his heart, brain, and all over his body.
- Since you mentioned it, I have to tell you that you must be defended by the elves, even though you’re lack of elven ancestors, sorry. But one of your ancestors has helped us aeons ago, in exchange for defensing his family for a millennia.
- Great! So those ghosts can’t hurt me!
- Not really. I said we’ll guard you for a millennia. *Tracker stared at her grinning* It will expire tomorrow.
The grin has frozen on Tracker’s face. So there’ll be some problems with those ghosts.
- Can’t you help me personally? – he said.
- Forgive me, but the agreement between you and us denies that. In case of such action, the agreement is canceled for ever.
While this conversation happening, El, Tim, and Frodi rushed into the medical lab to see if there’s any doctor left there.
- What is this?! – Tim shouted.
- Who is this person here? – asked El a little bit calmer.
- She’s my… guardian angel – told them Tracker.
- But we’ve seen no-one entering here! – said Frodi.
- I shall go now – said the nurse, afraid of the trio.
- You don’t go anywhere, little girl – said Tim.
- There’s no time for this, Nick is dying! – cryed Frodi.
- Did you forget that small fact that I were dying just moments ago? And why? Because of… Nick? – told her Tracker in a cold tone. The trio saw he’s serious, and none of them wanted to cause problems. There have been too many corpses there… Much more than they wanted.
Tracker was thinking for a moment, then he said:
- Give me the potion.
- What? – the elf women said confused.
- Give me the potion. – Tracker replied.
- That would cancel our arrangement. Are you sure…?
- Give me the potion.
The elf took the potion out of her pocket. Only a small amount of it remained.
- This will not be enough. Not even for a small scratch. – told them the elf. – By the way, our arrangement is cancelled… from now… for ever!
When she said the final word, she disappeared with an explosion, leaving behind a deep black smoke.
- What were she talking about? – asked El, looking at Tracker.
- None of your business. Show me where’s that goddamn bastard Nick. – Tracker said, with the potion in his hand. He wasn’t weak anymore. He felt his magical abilities are stronger. But still, as he felt the first waves of magic, he didn’t feel satisfaction. He wanted more of it… much more.
City of Secrets website - The One And Only
Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:58 PM
-What are you talking about?- Tracker stand up, staring at El Quia menacingly.
-You heard what he told us before. And now he seems to be gravely hurt or something. There is no other way to explain the commotion. And this happens just after he told us a big part of his secret. Don't you think it means something?
-I DON'T CARE!
-Please Tracker, please! Listen to yourself! I made a rushed decision at diner yesterday night, and now there is a dead woman and we faced great danger because of that. You were not the only one who was attacked, beaten and mistreated by Nick. But we know Nick isn't like this. Please, help us help Nick, and once the truth is known, then you decide what do you want to do.
-Please Tracker, listen to what El says!- Frodi adds, her eyes begging the infuriated man. In the background, Tim watches concerned the exchange of words.
Tracker stares at everybody with anger, but slowly it subsides.
-All right, I will help you... but one betrayal from Nick, and all bets are off.
-Seems fair to me- answers El Quia, and extend his hand to Tracker.- Should we shake hands over it?
Tracker grabs El Quia's hand and shakes hands with him.
-Good, now that that is solved, we should find a doctor who can give us some of the magical medicines here for you and rush to where Nick is. And I wanted to eat a sandwich or something- this last part Quia says it smiling, almost as joking. Frodi smiles, too, agreeing with El Quia.
The group exits the room and start shouting, calling for a doctor.
> Drink blood
Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:07 PM
*In the middle of the room lies Nick, his eye's wide open, stone cold and white skinned. A medic get's on the floor and starts listening to Nick's chest.*
Medic: He's still breathing. *After taking some vitals with a few machines, the medic's face turns pale as well.*
Doctor: His vitals are good.
Medic: Yes.... but I'm afraid his breathing, plus his slow pulse, are indicting a medical condition....
Doctor: ... What do you.. oh... no this can't be...
Medic: He's in a coma....
Doctor 2: Alright, as the head doctor and scientist appointed by Nick, I have to make his medical decisions.
Doctor 3: Why?
Head Doctor: Because I'm the one Nick told to watch over him, and make his medial decisions if he is unable to. Get him on the stretcher, and take him into the intensive care unit. We need to constantly monitor him, also do a brain and head scan, we need to find out what has caused this.
*The medics carry Nick's body on the stretcher, they take him on the elevator.*
Meanwhile, in the lab...
Frodi: Let's get on the elevator, maybe we should see what's happening to Nick.
*Just as Frodi walks over to the elevator door, the door opens, with the large group inside, the medics carry Nick into the ICU unit.*
Frodi: What happened to Nick?!
Head Doctor: I'm sorry to inform you, that Nick has fallen into a coma.
Quia: How did that happen? Did he fall or something?...
Head Doctor: We don't know at this point. We're going to review the surveillance footage.
Tim: Surveillance? This castle has cameras?
Head Doctor: *Sigh* Yes, over 250 of them. Now excuse me, I need to attend to Nick.
Tracker: Hey! You damn horse's ass! Can't you see I'm bleeding here?
Head Doctor: ... Go into exam room 1. A doctor will see you in there. *Gives tracker a stern look, as the doctor walks into the ICU*
Frodi: How could this happen to him? He was fine!
Quia: *Shakes head* I don't know... Something is wrong Frodi... very wrong.
*A TV sits on a table in the corner of the room. The channel appears to be a news channel.*
*Tim points to the TV*
Tim: What the hell?! Turn it up!
*Once of the medics runs over and turns up the volume.*
TV: ... Thank you for watching GNN. We bring you some breaking news out of London, as a dark mass has started to appear over the outskirts of the city. Meteorologists are puzzled by this weather phenomenon. The mass seems to be moving out into the ocean, so photographers are snapping photos before it leaves the area.
*Quia walks over to the window, and looks to the sky. He see's the same dark mass creeping it's way over the island of Liberta.*
Quia: Okay... something isn't right here...
*Frodi gives Quia a curious look*
Frodi: What are you talking about Quia..? Everything alright?
Quia: ...I don't know....
*Tim still watches the TV*
TV: And now to other news, reported mobster Vinny Multisanti, who was arrested because of his reported involvement with the Reloaded Pub murder, has gone missing. Many believe he has escaped from Prison.
Frodi: ...Wait, wasn't Vinny the guy who installed the pool back in the old Pub?
Quia: I guess so... *Quia is too deep in thought about the black mass*
TV: And in Political news, voting has started in the... *Click*
*Trizzzzoooooo* *The loud noise of the power system failing is heard, as the castle goes pitch black*
Tim: What?! The power has gone out!
*The machines start beeping and screaming* *Alarms go off*
Quia: Oh my... god... *Quia get's a terrified look on his face*
Tim: ...Quia...? *Tim starts to walk slowly toward Quia*... Your scaring the shit out of me...
Frodi: ... Quia? What's wrong?
*Frodi, being a short fellow, peeks her head up over the window sill, and looks out*
Frodi: ... Holy.... *Frodi yells a little squeal.*
*Frodi see's the massive black shadow covering the sun, and forming a blanket over the island. The black mass get's even darker by the minute....*
Tim: What is going...? *Tim looks out the window*
Tim: Holy shit...!
*The air becomes very cold, and very thick....*
Frodi: My ears are ringing!
Tim: Mine too....
*The window starts getting tiny cracks in it... Then they start to get bigger, and grow more prominent.*
Tim: Guys.... get back... GET BACK!
*Tim grabs Frodi*
Frodi: Quia! *Frodi grabs the arm of Quia and starts pulling*
*The group land;s on the floor, and on top of each other*
Quia: What did you do that fo... *Quia is intterupted as the massive windows break into a million pieces, glass fly's all over the room, as nurses scream in terror.*
*The glass scratches the skin of each group member*
*And suddenly, the wind pick's up, a gusty force of window comes into the room, coming from the outside... The wind starts pushing equipment around the room.*
Frodi: Run! Get into the exam room!
*Equipement is being blown all over the room, a needle fly's across the room, and hit's Tim right in the shoulder.*
Tim: Ah! Damn it! *Pulls the needle out of his arm*
*Quia looks out the window from afar, and notices leaf's being blown all over, the wind is howling, as a dark mist starts coming into the room*
*The castle starts shaking wildly*
*All of this happening while Nick's body lay's cold in the ICU....*
*The alarm continues to howl*
Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:23 PM
Tracker tried to concentrate even though the situation wasn't appealing for none of them. Suddenly, magical flames appeared in his hands.
- FOLLOW ME!! - he shouted. The flames enlighted the entire room, however the darkness were trying to kill every light. Now he could saw Tim lying on the floor. Tracker kicked him, but got no response. - Hey people, over here!
El turned back and said: - Tracker, wait, I need to find Frodi!
- Allright, but be quick! - said Tracker.
Quia soon found Frodi lying in a corner, with her head bleeding.
- Hurry up! I can’t keep them out any longer! – Tracker told. Quia pulled Frodi after him, towards the door. Tracker standed behind to cover them while they tried to escape into the depths of the castle. Suddenly, El turned back:
- Tracker, Tim is still there! Get him and come!
- Shut up! He’s dead. Move along!
Tracker entered the waiting hall of the lab, and bolted the doors.
- These doors won’t hold on forever. We need to get someone to help Frodi, unless you want to prepare her as a lunch for ghosts…
El were sitting near the bleeding Frodi, but stood up after these words:
- You bastard! You left there Tim! He’s innocent!
- Calm down. He IS dead – well, I am sure NOW he is, at least… - said Tracker.
- What are you planning? Will you leave everyone back if the situation turns down?! I haven’t seen someone…
- So ruthless? Evil? Let me tell you, that I have been left behind a thousand, if not a million times. And I am still here, and those who wanted to get rid of me, are not.
- I haven’t seen someone so selfish. By the way, do not try to mess with her, or I will… - said El angrily.
- If my girlfriend would be dying, I wouldn’t be arguing with a bastard like me. I told you. – Tracker said, while looking at Frodi. El kept his toughts for himself, and sat down near Frodi.
- She has serious wounds, if she won’t get support in an hour… - started Quia.
Tracker was examining the room. He didn’t even hear El talking. The hall of the med lab had two doors: one leading to the lab, and another leading into the castle. If they would walk into the castle, they would give up their chances to leave it. Tracker didn’t like co-operating with anyone. He has always walked his twisted, dark ways.
- …so we shall find a doctor, if there’s any. Can you hear me? – asked El.
- What? – Tracker were like a person who just woke up. – We need to get help for Frodi!
- I just said that! – said Quia. – Nevermind…
The medical lab’s doors were under pressure. They could be broken in any minute.
- We need to hurry! The castle must have an inner sanctum where Nick rests. I expect Nick to have one. It has to be heavily guarded, and I want to talk with our old friend Nick anyway…- told Tracker to El, and most likely, to himself. He was blinded from the chances he could see. „So there shouldn’t be unforeseen consequences” – he tought. His new abilities like summoning fire out of nothing gave him keys to the doors he always wanted to open.
- Let me help! – he said to El, who watched him suspicously. El didn’t trust Tracker anymore. He couldn’t see the bloodstained victim of Nick in him anymore. Even though he didn’t know Tracker for barely more than a day, he saw the same signs of madness on him that he saw on Nick. They pulled Frodi through the door, which lead them to a long, narrow corridor. Tracker bolted the door again with a chair. They were rushing through the rooms, closing every door they’ve passed, but they could clearly hear that something big, something evil has blasted in every door.
- Look! An elevator! – Tracker yelled, and they rushed towards the open doors of it. El went in first, then they placed Frodi on the elevator’s floor.
- It won’t be fast enough with all of us in it! – Tracker said.
- What do you mean? – asked El, but he already knew the answer.
- I’ll stay here. – said Tracker, but he couldn’t see regret on Quia’s face for letting him stay behind.
While El Quia and his friend Frodi were descending to an uknown basement, the black smoke who were chasing them, broke the last door. It filled the room entirely around Tracker, and he could feel that the room is cooling down. The ice cold air he breathed scratched his throat. The smoke were swirling around him like a tornado, so fast he couldn’t see anything. Then the cloud of smoke formed one, big sphere. The ball was floating in air, then it seemed it’s melting. The cloud was transforming into a liquid. The liquid fell to the floor, but soon after that, a being of human form emerged from it.
- Finally. Did you know what did I have to bear? And now you just come here, and make a storm… - said Tracker. A middle aged man standed before him.
- Did you expect me to just come here, knock on the door and ask authority to enter the castle? That’s obviously not MY style, as far as I know. – the man said. He had black hair, and tiny, evil, black eyes, like an evil character in a classical movie.
- You shouldn’t have make people freak out. It wasn’t necessary – Tracker replied.
- Why, I can’t afford to stay and play their absent games.
- And I can’t afford to fail. – said Tracker. – What about that Nick, anyway?
- Oh, don’t worry, one of my friends have taken care of him.
- What was his name, Sumonsar, or what? – asked Tracker.
- Yeah, yeah, strange guy, isn’t he? But he does the job well – said the man.
- Wasn’t he the one who blew up that pub?
- Why yes, he was! Now that’s what I call firework!
- Vinny, you old bastard… What kind of name is this again, anyway? Vinny Multisanti?
- Shut up! How could I manage to get in the mafia with a name like John Tracker?
- Nevermind… The civilians have noticed you escaped the prison. And perhaps some of them will be mad enough to connect it with a certain black smoke… - Tracker said. The man called Vinny looked terrified:
- I didn’t mean it! Really!
- Firework, huh? You know, I’ve been working for the FBI in the past years, and they have started to think Nick isn’t dead. Don’t you think it is not good to our business? – asked Tracker with no expression on his face. – If I wouldn’t know you used to be a warlock, I’d probably say YOU’RE A GODDAMN BASTARD, VINCENT!!! I’VE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES IN THE PAST 200 YEARS TO STAY QUIET AND HIDE AMONG THE COMMONERS, BUT NO!!! Shit, I can’t believe you made the entire High Council and Me, I mean, EVEN ME to wake up from stasis, and search for goddamn magical sources in the world! And look at Nick! That bastard has amnesia! Do you know what it means?!
- No, sir. – said Vinny.
- It means he has forgot his past! He forgot the entire one thousand year we have been through! I’ll get rid of him, and he won’t even know why! And do you know why?
- No, sir. – said Vinny.
- Because he has betrayed us. Like you, Vinny. Look, I give you another chance, ok? Just to show I don’t mind for your mistakes.
- Why, thank you, sir! – Vinny smiled.
- But I warn you: if you ever take the attention of humans, I WILL BURN YOUR SOUL FOR THE NEXT THOUSAND YEARS!!! Understood?
- Yes, sir!
- I tought so. – said Tracker. He didn’t like to always scream, but he found that some people just understand orders if they haven’t heard it many times, very loud. – Now go back to this Sumonsar, and continue with the next step of the plan. We have passed the first 3211 steps, as far as I remember.
- Yes, sir! – said the man called Vinny.
- By the way, there’s no need of this smoke stuff…
- Allright, allright… - said Vinny sadly.
- What are you still doing here? Class dismissed! Now, go before I slay you down!
Vinny started to teleport with a rather disappointed look on his face. Tracker went out the door, and was showing no expression of any emotion on his face, even though he was satisfacted with the outcome of the attack against Nick’s castle.
„Now, let’s see what kind of surprise our good old Nick has here for us” – he tought, while walking in empty or rooms full of corpses in the castle made of black stones…
City of Secrets website - The One And Only
Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:10 AM
TIM: *thinks to himself* What just happaned? Is Tracker really some kind of... underworld... mafia... demon? *Tim struggles to make sense of things* He's out to get Nick, that much is clear. Is he somehow resposible for Nick being in a coma? *thinking of his friend being in a coma brings great sadness to Tim* He has every right to be angry with Nick, after what Nick did to him. But... Nick has seen reason now, I'm sure of it. Damn you Tracker, will you stop at nothing in your quest for destruction? *pauses for a while, trying to gather his thoughts*
*Meanwhile, El & Frodi have reached the basement. It is very deep underground, and there are no windowns at all. However, there is plenty of light coming from torches all around the wall. The room is huge, and quite luxiourious. There is a large table, some comfy-looking armchairs, and a bed in the corner. El helps Frodi onto the bed, then sits down on the floor, next to her*
FRODI: Why, El?
EL: *Looks at Frodi, with a puzzled expression* Why what Frodi?
FRODI: Why did we leave Tim behind? Why? We shouldn't have done that. I don't believe he's dead, like Tracker said...
EL: *sadly* I know... we shouldn't have done that, we should have gone back for him. But Tracker seemed to know what he was doing. He seemed to know how to escape from the chaos and the black wind. *sighs* But we shouldn't have left Tim behind. He's innocent in all this. *suddenly looks at Frodi, intently* But I saw something, Frodi. I saw something in Tracker... in his eyes. He had that same look of madness I saw in Nick, until we got through to him. I'm not a man who scares easily, but the look in Tracker's eyes scared me.
FRODI: Nothing has gone right, since we came to this island. And now, just as Nick finally tells us his secret, he falls into a coma. I don't believe it was a coincidence. I think *something* doesn't want him to tell us more. And that same something doesn't want us to help Nick. *gets a very determined look in her eyes* But we HAVE to help him. And we HAVE to find Tim as well. I won't believe he is dead, until I see it with my own eyes.
EL: You're right. We have to go back up there. But not until you get your strength back *looks kindly at Frodi*
FRODI: But... *tries to get up, but is still too weak*
EL: I mean it Frodi. First you get your strength back, then we'll go save everyone *grins*
*Back upstairs, Tim is still in his hiding place. He listens to Tracker's footsteps, until they fade from earshot. Only then does Tim emerge*
TIM: Okay, I'll not entirely sure what I saw, but one thing I do know... we can't trust Tracker anymore. Well, there's no way to reach Nick from here, but maybe I can still catch up with Frodi & El. They must have gone down that elevator in the far room. *makes his way towards the elevator, and pushes the button to call it* C'mon, c'mon, hurry up. Sometime today would be nice. *Tim glowers at the elevator. It finally arrives, and Tim enters. He pushes the button, and the elevator makes it's long descent, once again* Damn elevator music - trying to drive me crazy.
*El & Frodi can hear the elevator coming down. El grabs a lit torch from the wall, ready to defend himself and Frodi. The elevator doors slowly creak open, and...*
EL & FRODI: TIM! You're alive!!!
*Just at that moment, back at the ICU, Nick's eyes flicker open*
Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:27 AM
*Nick lift's his head up, and looks around at a dark, and massively destroyed room. Computers are beeping, stones and debris lay everywhere, and the corpses of doctors and nurses lay all over the room.*
Nick: ....Where am I?.... *Nick grunts in pain, as sweat drips off of his eye brows.*
*Nick is very disorinetated.*
Nick: I'm.... I'm a Pub owner.... Where's my pub....? *Nick screams* WHERE'S MY PUB?! *No answer* *The wind keeps howling through the broken windows*
*Nick turns his head downward, and put's his hand in his pocket.*
*He takes out a medallion.*
*The medallion glows in the darkness. Nick has a flash back... a flash back into his dieing moment.*
-Yes, I do.
Then you will work for me. Follow my orders. I, Sumonsar, ruler of the underworld will grant you life once again. For a price. Work for me, and guide the lost souls into Heaven or Hell. After you have done this for 10 years, you will have 50 years of life as a commoner. Get married, have children, do whatever you please. Then you will work for me again for another 10 years, and then the cycle will continue. You will be able to live different lives, but as the same person, forever if you wish.
-Yes I agree.
And if you shall ever get lost, and in need of life, just take out this medallion.
*Nick wakes up from his vision*
*He places his finger on the medallion, and starts stroking it. After a few strokes, the room becomes even more dark. The room becomes silent. Even the wind is silent. And suddenly, the medallion starts beating in Nick's hand, as if the treasure has a heartbeat.*
*The room starts spinning, and out of the darkness, a hooded figure appears.*
*It is Sumonsar*
*Nick's life is suddenly coming back to him*
Nick: ...Sumonsar... *Nicks voice is very weak*
Sumonsar: It is alright... You will be fine... Your body is healing, and your life is coming back to you.
Sumonsar: Something has happened.... I was the ruler of the underworld. I'm inhuman. I was never born, nor did I walk this earth. But Vinny Multisanti has...
Nick: *Nick starts to remember* Vinny... He was the one who... fuckin back stabbed me...
Sumonsar: Yes. But, you don't know what really happened. Vinny was just like you, a mobster, who knew that in his line of work, that life could end at any moment. So he learned black magic. He became powerful as a person, but kept his magical powers secret... He has used these powers to escape from prison. He want's to kill you...
Nick: ... He never died?
Sumonsar: No, but he instead traded his commoner life, for the life of a demon. He is a soldier.
Nick: For you? You made him a demon!
Sumonsar: No! I would never do such a thing. I might be the leader of the underworld, but it is my job to take care of the dead. Not make more of them!
Nick: ... Who did it then?!
Sumonsar: ...His name is... Tracker. John Tracker. He was an FBI agent, but he was killed in the line of duty. He was so angry in death, that he became too wrapped up in power. I tried to convince him otherwise.... Tracker is a devil in disguise. He's using his human soldier Vinny, to kill all of my soldiers. That way the dead and lost souls will stay on earth, and act under his control. As the ruler of the underworld, I am being dethroned.... And I need the help of one of my best and strongest workers... you.
Nick: This is too confusing....
Sumonsar: No it's not.
*Sumonsar get's closer to Nick*
Sumonsar: I'm about helping the lost souls. Tracker is a devil. He is trying to terrorize the souls. And it is only beginning. Tracker will start to destroy major cities... London is his first target..
Nick: Why did Tracker come here, to Liberta?
Sumonsar: Because this is where the souls are currently resting... I asked you to find a place, a secluded place, where the souls could have a place to rest before death. This is it. This is Purgatory. This island is Purgatory.
Sumonsar: The first step in Trackers plan, is to destroy this castle, and kill you. Vinny wants you dead purely for you being the reason he got arrested. You need to prepare, for the worst has yet to come...
Nick: But you were the one who talked to me earlier today! You put me in a comma!
Sumonsar: Nick... I have never done that... Tracker was responsible. As it is, I'm draining my energy just to be here, in the living. I've run the underworld for thousands of years, and I'm afraid I might lose my power. You see, Tracker has more anger than anyone I have ever met. But even you have anger....
Nick: My torure chamber, and everything like that was here for a reason... In case I came under attack. I was not meaning to become a demon or anything.
Sumonsar: I know. You were just enjoying the power of being an undertaker. And I understand that. But we have a much more serious issue. Vinny was here with Tracker.
Sumonsar: Yes, he was the one who attacked the castle. It's part of a plan.
Nick: .... What plan?
Sumonsar: Tracker wants your friends to be on the lower floors... for a reason...
Nick: ... why?....
Sumonsar: I'm not sure... I only know so much.... Please fight for me...
Nick: Excuse me Sumonsar, but what's in it for me?
Sumonsar: Always the bargain hunter Nick?...
Sumonsar: I will grant you external life, as my second in command ruler. You will be able to live a common life, while keeping your job secret.
Nick: And if I choose to leave my job?
Sumonsar: You will live for a period of exactly 90 years. Then you will die. No more coming back.
Nick: One more thing...
Nick: Bring back my friend Sarah.
Sumonsar: ...You understand I can only bring her back as... well... an exhuman, like you, right?
Nick: Yes. I understand that. It would be better for her, she could be protected from danger. Just make sure she doesn't have to work... I will work for her...
Sumonsar: I sense some love in your grey heart Nicholas... I admire it. I never could have love... never being human has hurt me... since I never had a heart...
*After a moment, Sumonsar continues*
Sumonsar: We have a deal?
Sumonsar: Good luck... And watch your back my worker....
*Sumonsar fades back into the darkness of the room*
*After taking a few minutes to catch his breath, Nick get's off the table and walks out into the empty and destroyed Lab*
*Suddenly, the backup generators fail. The power is out for good, and the elevator is dead.*
*Nick looks out the window, and notices that the sky is pitch black.*
Nick: This isn't over... I sense it....
*Nick walks over to the door with a staircase symbol on it, and starts walking down the massive flights of stairs. After walking for about 10 minutes, Nick arrives at the secret floor, the floor Nick had visited earlier in the day. Nick inserted his key into the door, and entered his password into the console. The door opened.*
*He walked into the small room. And once again, rays of light shine in the small little hatch in the wall*
*Nick got down on the floor, and put the medallion into a carved out slot.*
*The hatch in the floor was now unlocked. Nick pulled open the hatch, and went inside. He closed the hatch behind him.
Meanwhile back in the basement...
Tim: Yes, I'm very much alive.I was hit with a vile of tranquilerizer medication. I was partially asleep. But I did over hear something....
Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:55 AM
The president was sitting uncomfortable in his chair. He was frightened, but he knew his guards will not be able to help him. Since they’re dead. Not only him, but the soul of his family was in danger… or something like that. That’s what the suspicous stranger says…
- So, Mr… ehm… Mr…
- My name is John Tracker, sir.
- Oh, yes! So, what will I have to do…? I’m a little bit fuzzy about the details…
- The Company, and about half of the world have seen a black some above London. The scientists told it has a dangerous radiation… delta, gamma, whatever you want. I won’t annoy you with the details, science business, right? – Tracker smiled. He was talking like he were just sitting in a pub, drinking beer with his old pals. Only this thing could totally freak out the president of the USA. After seeing his guards dying in seas of flame, he could barely say the opposite of what this Mr. Tracker says. He’s not a man to be thrifled with. – So, these scientist have proven that this smoke, or what can be neutralized with an equal and opposite force. Everything has an equal and opposite force; if not, it shall be made artifically. It is obvious now, that you should order your army, especially your Armageddon-carriers to fire their rockets at London. That’s all. And your family, your wife, son, daughter, dog will not be burning in hell for eternity. Now, deal or no deal? Martyrdom doesn’t pays well, as far as I remember…
The president picked up his secure phone, and called someone:
- Admiral Green? It’s the president here. What? The president of the USA, you moron! The scientists just told – he tried to look at Tracker when he said this, but he couldn’t – that we shall bomb that smoke with an opposite force because those la bamba and mamba rays are deadly or what… What?! I know I said delta and gamma, I’m the president! Shit, ask those bastard scientist about the details… Order it now, or you’ll be fired! – he threw down the phone angrily. He instantly calmed down in fear when he saw that Mr. Tracker is rather impatient.
- Thank you for your co-operation, sir. – said Tracker, and walked to the door. Then he turned back: - Oh, I nearly forget… Give my kind regards to your wife…
Then Tracker walked out of the room, closed the door behind him, and disappeared. No-one seen anyone entering or leaving the room of the president, nor anyone noticed anything. All of the guards were safe and sound. The president nearly tought he had a nightmare. But he looked out the window, and saw a giant black mass at the horizon… He didn’t dream.
And the president of the USA, ruler of a mighty nation, lord of lands, people, and half of the world… cried. Cried like he haven’t done in the past 40 years… and he didn’t know why.
Moscow, Kreml basement
The guards standing before the large metal door could hear these words, but luckily they didn’t speak english… otherwise they’d pull their AK-47s at their heads.
- So, dear comrade, I wanted to tell you what these capitalist pigs are planning to do! Killing those poor English, only to just get closer to the mighty Russia! I couldn’t believe it if I haven’t seen it with my own two eyes! I tought to myself, Tracker, you should go and tell your old friend Vladimir what is going on! You helped him to lead his mighty, strong people, and now you need to help him to defend his own kind! So I hurried here, through the raging ice storm, to inform my old comrade that it’ll be better to disarm the american capitalist pigs with these chinese, since they’re the only people you can depend on! That’s all. Thanks for the tea, and, keep the vodka for better times. Oh, and by the way, give my kind regards to your wife! – after a long conversation, a man walked out of the secret basement of the Kreml, and disappeared in the raging, dead cold Russian storm…
The wind was blowing suspicously from the far seas… Everything was dark and cold, and people didn’t go to work, children stayed at home, and women didn’t do house work. Everything was still and silent. The streets were empty, only a lonely person walked into the government’s building…
- …so when these communist bastards fire their rockets at Washington, you will destroy Moscow! Moscow is the hideout of those communists, and communists are the comrades of the devil itself! You will gain world domination, and… what? You’re communist too? Doesn’t matters really, does it? You want power, don’t you? Then do what I told, otherwise… Otherwise you will give up your chance to seize the world… I only need you to send people, most preferably young ladies, virgines, please, into the open sea… that’s all, you have the biggest nation, don’t you? Who’ll miss those people, really? You have plenty of them! I could drink tea, but I see you’re living rough times here in the ancient, mighty, and wise China! Oh, and by the way, give my kind regards to your wife, if you haven’t executed her for adultery…
And then, at the end of the day, the strange, evil, and convicing, demonstrative and persuasive Mr. Tracker were sitting before large databanks of a computer, searching for Nick’s list of souls, the list which tells who shall go to hell, and who will go to heaven, and switched the lists… He was amused how could Nick combine magic with science, automatising the Purgatory. And now, the calm, good-hearted and loyal-to-justice people will be burning in hell, while vile, evil, and ruthless criminals will be resting in heaven for eternity… He didn’t need to destroy the world, it will destroy itself… and he didn’t need to destroy heaven, it destroyed itself… And, for a long time again, he could laugh… but he didn’t…
City of Secrets website - The One And Only