Facade

14 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

Definitely shows us what future gaming could be like. More personal, and more free gaming. Not so linear. :whistle:

#3 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

Definately a unuque game   :whistle:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hmm, am I the only one who finds this game uniquely frustrating?:whistle: It's like watching a car crash... Most of the time, the characters are talking much too fast for me to get a word in edgeways (although admittedly I'm a bit slow at typing), and when I do, my sentence is either too long for the command line or the characters misunderstand me. That's probably my fault rather than the parser's, but I still find it frustrating. Not to mention that I'm struggling with the navigation and constantly bumping into walls or characters...
I thought the idea was interesting, but I'm a bit disappointed by the execution, to be honest. I just don't get the sense that I can really interact enough - or quickly enough - to change anything, and that's a little annoying, because no matter what I try to do or say, everything seems to go horribly wrong in the end. It might help if there was a way of adjusting dialogue speed, but sadly there isn't. Oh well.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

I know what you mean AJ.  It's a unique idea, but it's very hard to play through.   :whistle:

I can never seem to say the right thing.  Everything I DO say gets twisted round, and they get even more angry.  Either that, or they just completely ignore me.  And by the time I finished typing something. they are talking about something completely different.  *screams quietly*

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

View PostFrodo, on Jun 19 2009, 05:50 PM, said:

I know what you mean AJ.  It's a unique idea, but it's very hard to play through.   :(

I can never seem to say the right thing.  Everything I DO say gets twisted round, and they get even more angry.  Either that, or they just completely ignore me.  And by the time I finished typing something. they are talking about something completely different.  *screams quietly*
Yes, that's exactly it. I just hope I'm not this ineffectual a friend in real life...:shrug:

I wonder what they'd do if you actually *tried* to upset them. Perhaps they'd misunderstand that too?:whistle:

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

If you try to upset them, maybe it would have the opposite effect, and that would actually be the right thing to do?   :(

It's very confusing.   :whistle:

#8 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

View PostFrodo, on Jun 19 2009, 07:31 PM, said:

If you try to upset them, maybe it would have the opposite effect, and that would actually be the right thing to do?   :shrug:

It's very confusing.   :(
To be honest, I'm not even sure whether I actually want them to sort out their differences anymore. They've been nothing but unpleasant to me and to each other, and they have very irritating voices. :whistle:

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

Gah, I give up. :whistle: Even deliberately trying to annoy them doesn't produce any different results. Whatever I do or say, in the end they either tell me I "don't need to say any more" and show me the door(?) or Trip storms off in a huff. Really irritating.

#10 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

They kept going on about Trips parents, and how he was ashamed of them, then she walked out on him.   :whistle:
And I tried so hard to prevent it.

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

View PostFrodo, on Jun 19 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

They kept going on about Trips parents, and how he was ashamed of them, then she walked out on him.   :whistle:
And I tried so hard to prevent it.
Oh, Grace can walk out as well?

#12 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

Oh, I just had a look at the forum (if you can call it that) and apparently it's a good ending if they show you the door in the end.:whistle:

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

That's a good ending???   :whistle:

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

View PostFrodo, on Jun 20 2009, 01:29 PM, said:

Apparently it means they're going to sort out their differences and stay together.:( But I wouldn't have guessed that either.

#15 Tachyon

Tachyon

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Jun 20 2009, 01:33 PM, said:

View PostFrodo, on Jun 20 2009, 01:29 PM, said:

Apparently it means they're going to sort out their differences and stay together.:shrug: But I wouldn't have guessed that either.

Now that's f****ed up  :(

I got thrown out after repeatedly attempting to flirt with Grace , do I still qualify for a happy ending? :)

Reply to this topic