CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

View PostFrodo, on 22 Aug 2010, 10:12 PM, said:

View PostCataBina, on 22 Aug 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

I'll also send a WT along - the only one which will exist of this game :-)

Excellent!   :angry:

Thankies

Just sent the whole pack off  :bleh:

#17 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Well, great to see that all my reviews have made it :-)

Another question: Are you planning to review "The Silver Lining", KQ fan project by phoenix online?

Greets
CataBina

#18 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

Glad to have your reviews on site, CataBina   :ok:

And yes, I plan to review The Silver Lining.  Chapter 1 was a bit disappointing, cos it was so short.  But Chapter 2 is wonderful.   :)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Or click here to view them all.

#19 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

View PostFrodo, on 27 Sep 2010, 12:17 AM, said:

Glad to have your reviews on site, CataBina   :ok:

And yes, I plan to review The Silver Lining.  Chapter 1 was a bit disappointing, cos it was so short.  But Chapter 2 is wonderful.   :)

OK, so you do it, that's great. Otherwise I would have offered my help, but I don't find the game all that wonderful. The textures  of the characters seem a bit low-res on close-ups, their movements aren't as flawless as they should be, some of the voices sound just strange, and above all, the narrator got on my nerves pretty soon so I was happy that there was a "turn narrator's voice off" function :-)

The dialogs are endless and sometimes of no great use, and when I heard Shamir talking about dreams becoming reality and the balance, it reminded me a lot of "The Longest Journey" and its prequel "Dreamfall" :-)

Yet, the backgrounds are beautiful, and so is the music. And there's certainly a bit more to discover than in Episode 1 which wasn't only too short but consisted of nothing but 30 minutes (which felt like hours!) of cutscenes inbetween which you had to change your outfit and collect three items.... I also liked that you can let Graham die quite a few times and put all (??) the death scenes into a video :-)

#20 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

I read that other people have found Narrator's voice irritating as well, but I didn't find it that bad.   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#21 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

View PostFrodo, on 27 Sep 2010, 02:43 PM, said:

I read that other people have found Narrator's voice irritating as well, but I didn't find it that bad.   :ok:

Well, she's certainly not as irritating as Virginia Capers in Gabriel Knight 1 (who would really be hard to top! :-)), but I didn't like her snappy, sometimes arrogant tone. In an adventure, I want to experiment and, if taking a wrong turn, not being sarcastically snapped at by the narrator. Plus, she did far too much self-propaganda for my taste  :)

#22 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

Added The Journey Down to the list.   :ok:

#23 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

Added Snakes of Avalon to the list.   :thumbsup:

"A dark comedy point & click adventure game about alcoholic incapacitation and people obsessed with murdering their other half. It mixes the style and atmosphere of Hitchcock suspense films with a surreal game world inspired by the best cult trippy movies. It also takes place in the infamous cheap bar Avalon."

So who wants to review this game?   :)

#24 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Added King's Quest III Redux to the list.  

Who wants to review this beautiful game for us?   :thumbsup:

#25 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Added Cyber to the list.

#26 Darthhelmet

Darthhelmet

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

I will review ThreeOhFours ~airwave~ I fought the law and the law one

And will do a few more as I go.

#27 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Excellent!  Thanks very much Darth.  :smile:

Look forward to seeing your review.

#28 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9404 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Added Sacred Line to the list.  :thumbsup:

Reply to this topic