Adventure Games

27 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

If you would like to review any of these games, please send a PM to Frodo,  or simply post in this thread.  

Thanks. :cheers:

Adventure

Adventure (aka Colossal Cave) - Some call it the first adventure game ever made. It's a text-based game.

Anna - A futuristic AGS adventure with very unusual-looking graphics. AGS award-winner.

Corby's Murder Mystery - A murder mystery written by a person called Corby, and that's about all his website will tell you about the game. Very mysterious...

Cyber - an investigation will lead Jason Currial in an overwhelming spiral of events...behind what it seemed the simple disappearing of his best friend, he will discover dangerous secrets for the entire humanity...or at least what it remains of it...

Day of Darkness - Get kidnapped, wake up in a cellar, escape.

GRR! Bearly Sane - Dan's boss has taken his wages, and after a dog relieves itself on Dan, it's time to get some revenge.

Incident At Roanoke  - Phil Smith is a freelance artist & history buff, who suffers from dreams about ancient Roanoke, whose people disappeared without a trace.  Now Phil must travel back in time to discover what happaned to the colonists.  

Journey Down, The:  Chapter 1 - This first chapter follows our brave hero Bwana and his sidekick Kito as they, while struggling to make ends meet, suddenly get thrown into a twisting plot of Corruption and Adventure!

King's Quest III Redux - The classic game lovinginly remade by AGD, featuring stunning new graphics, enhanced interface, innovitive musical score, and voice acting.

M:I 2 - Le Chuck's Revenge - Mission Impossible meets Guybrush Threepwood.

One Night - A puzzling survival horror game which tasks you with finding a way out of a monster infested research facility.

One Night 2: The Beyond - In The Beyond, you'll spend one terrifying night inside a haunted mansion.

One Night 3: Shadows Of Stillwater - In the conclusion to the One Night trilogy, you'll need to unravel the secrets of an entire town.

Residence 44 Quest - An AGI adventure title, all you need to know.

Risen: A Fan-Made Text-Based Game - A short 5–10 min. text-based action adventure game based on German developer Piranha Bytes' game, Risen. You are stranded on an isle after your ship was caught in a storm, and need to get accepted by one of the two available factions, the rebels or the Inquisition, in order to survive.

Sacred Line - Ellen is a private detective. She has received an anonymous phonecall, where an unknown person has asked her to find a hidden forest outpost.  That was just the beginning.

Snakes Of Avalon - A dark comedy point & click adventure game about alcoholic incapacitation and people obsessed with murdering their other half. It mixes the style and atmosphere of Hitchcock suspense films with a surreal game world inspired by the best cult trippy movies.  It also takes place in the infamous cheap bar Avalon...

Soviet Unterzosdorf - There are a handful of people who don?t give up on a vision for a better tomorrow. Let us tell you the stories of the brave citizens in the beautiful little country of Soviet Unterzosdorf.

Sweet Dreams - You play as Amy, a student in a private boarding school. While attending school, you live in a small cottage with four other girls and a resident teacher. Your best friend at school is a girl named Juliet, and today is her sixteenth birthday. Just after lights-out, you've gone over to her room to give her a birthday present.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Or click here to view them all.

#2 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

TotalAnarchy to review Spirit Engine   :whistle:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

View PostFrodo, on 9 May 2009, 11:13 PM, said:

If you would like to review any of these games, please send a PM to Doubler or Frodo,  or simply post in this thread.  

Thanks.   :angry:

Maddog Williams - Go with Maddog as he embarks on the adventure of a lifetime! Travel with him as he learns of the evil swiftly approaching his quiet village. Help him rescue the beautiful Princess Leoria and free her father King Thaylor. Help him vanquish the Evil Serak and restore peace to the lands of Duridian.

Not too long ago, I made a "Let's Play" from this game which can be seen on YouTube. If this is of any interest, let me know, and I will post the link. If you still need someone to write a review about Maddog, let me know, I could do that.

And I could also do "The Oracle".

CataBina
(Marlene55M on YouTube)

Edited by CataBina, 06 August 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#4 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hey Catabina  

It would be great if you could do reviews for Maddog Williams, and The Oracle.  I'll put your name against those games.   :angry:

Your Let's Play video would be a fantastic 'Extra' for Maddog Williams.

#5 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

View PostFrodo, on 7 Aug 2010, 01:30 PM, said:

Hey Catabina  

It would be great if you could do reviews for Maddog Williams, and The Oracle.  I'll put your name against those games.   :angry:

Your Let's Play video would be a fantastic 'Extra' for Maddog Williams.

Hi Frodo,

ok, done deal. Give me about a week, and I will have it all set.

CB
(Marlene55M on YouTube)

#6 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Look forward to seeing your reviews.   :angry:

#7 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

Hi Frodo,

looking forward to making them. Are you also interested in a list of my other Let's Play of free adventure games? I have a bunch, and there are more to come.

CataBina

Edited by CataBina, 08 August 2010 - 08:25 AM.

#8 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

Hey Catabina   :bleh:

Yes I'm interested.   :D  
Do you have any for games that are on site?   :angry:

#9 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

View PostFrodo, on 8 Aug 2010, 11:38 AM, said:

Hey Catabina   :D

Yes I'm interested.   :pirate:  
Do you have any for games that are on site?   :angry:

Yup! There are free adventure games (only) on
http://www.youtube.c...r/Marlene55MToo

Presently, these are
Completed:
- Jessica Plunkenstein and the Düsseldorf Conspiracy
- Out of Order
- Permanent Daylight
- Emily Enough

In Process:
Igor - Objective Uikokahonia

Up next:
- Rob Blanc Trilogy

And I am planning many more, like The Oracle.
Oh, and also "Five Magical Amulets". For this, I am still looking for a co-commentator!!!!

On http://www.youtube.com/user/Marlene55M
you will find:

- Maddog Williams
- Mixed Up Mother Goose
- Troll's Tale
- Mordy on Holiday
- Ween: The Prophecy
- Lure of the Temptress (with an awesome epic music remix!)

and also:
- Bazooka Sue which could be interesting for the Germany abandonia site as it is completely in German (game and commentary)

:bleh:
CataBina /Marlene

Edited by CataBina, 08 August 2010 - 05:49 PM.

#10 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Hi Frodo,

I glanced through the list again, and for some reason "Caitlyn's Destiny" caught my attention, so I downloaded and played it. Hm.... This is an AGI game, i.e. looks like the very early Sierra games as KQ, SQ, Larry. It was released in 2004 and had a lot of bugs.... unfortunately, the developer seems to never have fixed them although there's a in ingame debug function which doesn't seem to do much.... Examples: You are always at 0 out of 0 points, no matter how much you are progressing, and I also couldn't get any sound. The story is quite nice though (pretty King's Questy), there are many puzzles to solve, most of them logical, yet not too easy. All in all it took me a few hours to play it.

At the end, there's....  frustration!!! The developer stops with a cliff hanger, announcing Episode 2 of the game, which obviously has never been made. So you're stuck having completed only two of the five or six tasks....

Well, if you still want a review of this game, I could write it, make some screenshots, and maybe also write  a walkthrough along with it (there's none on the internet, and it might come in handy, some puzzles are quite difficult).

Let me know if you're interested.

CataBina

Edited by CataBina, 22 August 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hey CataBina  

How bad are the bugs?  Is there anything that could cause major problems with the game?  Anything that would stop you from completing in  (cliffhanger aside)?   :angry:

#12 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

View PostFrodo, on 22 Aug 2010, 02:48 PM, said:

Hey CataBina  

How bad are the bugs?  Is there anything that could cause major problems with the game?  Anything that would stop you from completing in  (cliffhanger aside)?   :angry:

Hi Frodo,

well, I finished it :-)

Exept for the Zero Points stuff and the missing sound, the game ran rather smoothly in DOSBox, although at some points you had a bit of a hard time to control the character, but not much worse than in other well-known AGI games. Everybody who is into King's Quest and such, will probably enjoy this game. At least I did.

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

In that case, we want the review.   :bleh:

But could you maybe mention in the review about Part 2 that was never released please?  

Also, could you take screenshots in PNG, instead of jpeg please?  It makes the whole update go a lot smoother.  

#14 CataBina

CataBina

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

View PostFrodo, on 22 Aug 2010, 07:10 PM, said:

In that case, we want the review.   :bleh:

But could you maybe mention in the review about Part 2 that was never released please?  

Also, could you take screenshots in PNG, instead of jpeg please?  It makes the whole update go a lot smoother.  

OK, I'll mention every bug that crosses my way, and this Part 2 thing, and .png is fine. I'll also send a WT along - the only one which will exist of this game :-)

#15 Frodo

Frodo

• Forum Wizard
  • 9399 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

View PostCataBina, on 22 Aug 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

I'll also send a WT along - the only one which will exist of this game :-)

Excellent!   :angry:

Thankies

Reply to this topic

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com