#1 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

Howdy!

Let's type about the origins of our usernames.

Also, if you would like to share your real name that would be nifty!

Magic which was my original nickname here and on Abandonia it was chosen because I was attracted to the illusion,deception and trickery that the word suggest. Magic is nothing but illusions and is not 'real'. That kind of represented by cyber self. I could trick people into thinking whatever I wanted if that was what I wished to do. The name 'Magic' just appealed to me. I have since 'matured' (albeit slowly and slightly :D) and decided to drop the name to help people see me in a new light. I've changed greatly since I joined Abandonia as I am sure some of you may have noticed and slightly since I've joined Reloaded. Isn't being a hormone factory frickin fun?  :bleh:

So, share with us... whats behind your name?
Me>You

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

Errm Tulac was a dnd character which was pretty mad in every sense of the word...
Since I changed from nick to nick, I decided Tulac to be my "global" name, because it's unique, I invented the word although it might mean something in some language...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

(Remembers an old thread on Abandonia... The good old days :D )
Anyway.

A long time a ago in a house propably far away from where all of you live, a kid got introduced to a new game: Gangsters. He saw other people play it, and soon got it himself, so he could play too.

But there was a hurdle to overtake...

You see, before he could start he had to name his character. Now that wasn't the problem. The real problem was the nickname he was also asked to enter... :bleh:
Luckily a friend quickly offered the solution, found in an old way of adressing him: Double R, from the double R's in Ruurd Roorda, his name.
In the years to come this slowly evolved into DoubleR, and that eventually changed to Doubler.

After the Internet Connection and consequently the Great Change in Internet Connections it was only a logical step for the now a bit older Ruurd to keep the same nickname.

And so, Ruurd and his internet ego Doubler lived happily ever after.

-The end-
:w00t:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#4 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:12 PM

Where are llamas in this story? :bleh:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#5 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

Double R?

Not Doobler?

I've always read your name as Doobler :O
Me>You

#6 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:36 PM

Doobler...
Where does that come from?

As for the llama's:
I just happen to like llama's, as I like cats. Besides that, lama, the Dutch word for llama (duh :D ) is also slang for 'laat maar' (literaly: Let it be, leave it). There was a time when I seemed to end all my conversations with 'lama', and so I took a llama as avvie :bleh:

And of course because llama's will one day rule the world, and enslave all lemurs in the process :w00t:

Anyone remember my old avvie? :D

Attached Files

#7 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:53 PM

Stebbi.............my name is stefan and im called stebbi .....simple as that.......

#8 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

Well prejudice does suck, right?

The origins come from a game of Ricochet, a HL1 modification, in which the players accused all the Germans of being Nazis and yet were right wing, anti-semetic, white supremicist bastards.

Anyway, there and then I changed my name to PrejudiceSucks. Apparentely the best response to my name change was a collective "R U A NIGGA? HAHAHAH UR ALSO GAY!"

Wankers.

#9 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:40 AM

Hmm...

I haven't used many names online... actually, just two, really.

The one before my current was Sage Erinyes, the name I used when I registered my first online account and played Sierra's The Realm... you see, I love Greek mythology. The Erinyes are sort of the demi-goddesses who avenge the slain innocent. They sort of represent natural order and balance, as well. That's highly summarized, of course.

Tai'kara Ayende Kalarin came a bit later on, also while playing Realm. I joined a WoT (read: Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series) roleplaying guild in the game as an Aiel, and using the Old Tongue dictionary, came up with that name.

Tai'kara (in WoT's Old Tongue) basically means True Hand, or The Hand of Truth.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#10 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:18 AM

Ok...I have used a ton of user names, so I'l explain em all just for fun :bleh:
Maz2 (not used here): I was playing warcraft 3 or some game like that one day and it needed regesteration, so I just typed in some random letters/number, and the name just kinda stuck
Rorschach: A name I tried to use on various forums (not this one) because I felt I had run our of Moogle base material and I was really into The Watchmen at the time...
Moogle:I...like...moogles!!!!

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:24 AM

A long time ago some years ago, there was a guy who had the idea after listening to his collection of metal songs of his death metal songs that is, to come up with a name to incorporate the deathness of it all from that melodic death melodies, so while he was gaming on an Unreal Tournament Server one day, he came up with the name of Death and added dude to make it more interesting and that's how the story went as he headbanged away to his music.....

Alright alright that's not really how it went, random name for UT though that part is true, it gave it some edge when I came up with it and it stuck

But I did eventually change it I use other names around like Rebel_Storm and Enforcer, Rogue_Hunter.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#12 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:31 AM

It is still my real name. :bleh:

Yo!

#13 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:03 PM

Moogle = Rorschach = Kerbicron Cleric?  :bleh:
Or just coincidence?

#14 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:35 PM

Well, I'm thinking Danny is obvious, and the 252 adds extra flare, and the knowledge it'll always be original.
user posted image
Meep?

#15 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

Abi79 comes from a greek word which means god....

Actually, since my name is Albert (Einstein), my parents always thought that Abi was shorter and easier to spell. I use 79 because, while registering for Runescape on Miniclip, I could just put "abi" as my name and I had to add a number. I randomly choosed 79.
IPB Image