#16 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

I can say we have the first 2 and the last here :blink:

We also have Labour whom I believe are slightly Left Wing. My current knowledge of wings is based on a line with 2 labels drawn in 2 seconds in a history lesson...
user posted image
Meep?

#17 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:57 PM

Realistically the only two parties that will win the election this time around will either be the Liberal Party or the Conservative party and really by the looks of it again whoever will win again will have another minority government, so no doubt we could see potential coalitions again like Liberals and NDP like last time and probably Conservatives and Bloc Quebecois on certain issues.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#18 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

The Canadian government collapses?

That's pretty extreme :blink:

Probably, but as usual we didn't even notice the difference. LOL
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#19 Galadrin

Galadrin

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:04 AM

The Liberals are a centrist party.  They only appear left wing when held up to the conservatives who seem to follow the Frasier institute around like their "research" is written on stone tablets that descended from the heavens.

I find it interesting that so much is made out of the supposed "sponsorship scandal."  The moneys in question are in the range of 100-200 million Canadian over about 5-7 years, meaning that I overpaid by about $1.5/year.  I feel more violated every time I buy a brand new game.  :blink:

And to be fair, the Conservative party is FAR from guilt free.  They are the ones who shut down an panel that was investigating how the slaughter plants, who recieved ~400 million that was to be passed on to ranchers as a support during the BSE thing.  Interesting thing was that the slaughter plants per animal profits tripled even though the offal lost value and they were slaughtering more animals.  But looking into the books would have been wrong, said the Conservatives.  How convenient then that the slaughter plants are major supporters of the Conservatives, and that the Alberta Conservatives are hip deep into Lakeside Packers (one of the major slaughter plants).

I mean really DeathDude... it's all well and good to point the finger at the federal government and say they've been ruling too long but the Alberta Conservatives have served for how long exactly (about 3 decades).  Here in Alberta we have one of the most arrogant governments around and yet vote them in every 4-5 years, as long as we get our pay-out... I mean energy subsidy.

#20 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:17 AM

Uh your from Alberta? Then why does your profile say Saskatchewan?  :blink: Okay well considering the topic was about the federal government falling, yes this part may sound weird but provincally I would love to see the liberal party beat the conservative party, because frankly Ralph Klein has been ruling for too long and well we need change.

Klein may have done some bad things for Alberta, but honestly the Liberal Party of Canada has been ruling for too long and it's well known when a government begins to rule for too long it begins to get a little too comfortable and hence the scandal, they wasted our money, not their money the money that canadians across the country worked their butts for, all for what so they can hand it off to the agencies, c'mon I hope the liberals get kicked out this country needs a fresh vision.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#21 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:29 AM

Don't even get me started on the Alberta government.......

LOL                                                                                              :blink:

#22 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:57 AM

Does that mean that the Queen is ruling you atm?

If not, it's a shame. Rule Brittania etc. or something.

*edits*

Labour are getting a little bit right-ring at the moment. Twelve years ago they tried to be left wing.

#23 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:05 PM

Nah the queen doesn't rule us, technically she's the head of state in the country represented by the govenor general, but in reality it's more of a figurehead position and nothing more as she has no real power in the country, so she couldn't just come down and start telling us what to do. :blink:

#24 Galadrin

Galadrin

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:24 PM

Well, I understand the whole need for change thing, but the only party that has any real chance of replacing the Liberals is the Conservatives who are lead by a man who had his name on the "fortress Alberta" paper by the Frasier institute.  Canada is economically in a much stronger position than when Mulroney left and paying off the national debt.  I do not see the Conservatives strengthening the country, rather weakening it again.

To answer your question about my location I farm half the year in Alberta and then spend the winters in Saskatoon, taking a few classes to stave off boredom and working.

#25 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:30 PM

Yet there's the other man who's leading the country "Mr Dithers." LOL I mean everytime I see Martin go on the world stage he just doesn't have a presence to really make other countries stand up and look, yes we're in a much stronger position as of right now, I just think we need a fresh perspective in the government and besides with the way things are turning out whoever gets elected will have a minority gov't so we may see this same incident happen again 1-2 years down the road. :blink: