41 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:13 PM

Why do wrestlers always sound constipated?

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:16 PM

It's to enhance their toughness obviously  :P  hey which wrestlers sound constipated?

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

Macho Man Randy Savage
Mr. T
Need more examples?
Back on topic... why did they start making music, those two? Especially Mr. T :P

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:42 PM

News flash, Mr. T isn't a wrestler  :P he wrestled in like one match back on Wrestlemania one, that's the extent of his wrestling, name me some current wrestlers who grunt. :P

Edit: Gotta love my english grammar

Edited by DeathDude, 28 October 2005 - 06:06 PM.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

DeathDude, on Oct 28 2005, 05:42 PM, said:

give me some current wrestlers who grunt. :P
And what exactly do you want to do with them, if I may ask? Well, never mind, I'll try to get you one for Christmas...:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#6 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

Kon-Tiki, on Oct 28 2005, 05:13 PM, said:

Why do wrestlers always sound constipated?

Well maybe... because they are :P

#7 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:20 PM

Why do women have to work less, if they live longer?

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#8 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

Because:
1) They've got more involvement in raising kids, which's overtime
2) They're generally physically weaker (Although I know some girls that could whoop some guys' butts without breaking a sweat)
3) Because we want to make sure our wife and kids have everything they want and need, and want to work for it

#9 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:55 AM

2) They're generally physically weaker
That's completely false. The strongest person in the world is a woman. Women also need to be extremely strong physically to manage to have several babies in their lives and still have a decent life afterward...

In fact, it's only a myth because there is a very select few females who decide to train enough to "look" strong. In most place I go, a woman with muscle is considered either taboo or ugly...  :P That's another reason why so many women decide to never even try to get to their physical limit and think they are weaker than men.

There is probably at least 50% of women who are as strong as men. Probably more IMHO.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:45 AM

Eagle of Fire, could you explain one thing? Man is averagely larger than woman, fact that most of us most likely agree? Are you already guessing? Well, if you're larger, don't you have potential to have more muscle, or do you mean that women's muscles are somehow better than men's? Just thoughts.

And generally yes, they are. Are the reasons whatever.
...70 years... LOL

#11 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:52 AM

Actually, yes.. in a way, women's muscles *are* better than men's.

When a woman builds muscle to the point she can lift a certain amount of weight, her muscles will typically be smaller than a man's muscles of equal strength. This is because of the way a woman's physiology works... our muscles are more efficiently put together, thus we tend to need less muscle to do the same amount of work.

In addition, a woman's body is inclined to build muscle more naturally in her legs and hips than in her upper body. Men tend to be the opposite, and build muscle more naturally in their upper body and arms.

When you lift heavy objects, or fight, most of your force (even when punching in a fight) should come from your legs and hips. This is because you can do more work with less effort, thus increasing your effectiveness. Because women are more naturally inclined to build muscle in their legs, women also tend to have the appearance of having more endurance (though it's not really true muscle endurance - it's work effectiveness) than men (because men tend to rely heavily on their arms to complete heavy tasks, which is less effective).

Also because of this, women tend to be more bottom-heavy, while men tend to be more top-heavy... and the more top-heavy something is, the less stable it tends to be. It's easy to knock over something when all its weight is on top, but try pushing over something with a heavy base.

All in all, women have the potential to be stronger than men because of our physiology... which, as Eagle of Fire suggested, is due to the fact that our bodies must be more durable than men's in order to facilitate childbirth. Carrying a whole lot of extra weight around for long periods of time is a pretty heavy-duty task.

But also as he mentioned, we tend not to push our potential because it's socially looked down upon.

But I suppose my point here is that size has absolutely nothing to do with strength.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#12 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:54 AM

Man is averagely larger than women only in term of muscular mass, and only because women don't give enough effort in developping it.

A lot of the physical fitness of someone goes by what he did when he was young. It already been scientifically proven that a kid who eat way too much at youth will have way more chance to become a big fat person when he will be adult because he developed a lot of fat gorging tissues in his skin and muscles.

Now, think about it; what do boys and girls do when they are young? I don't know around where you live, but it is generally well accepted around here that boys play a lot of physical demanding games like Baseball, Football, Hockey, etc while girls, if they do sport at all, usually play less demanding games. Or, they play with their barbies dolls at home and hardly ever even think about training.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#13 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:18 AM

(though it's not really true muscle endurance - it's work effectiveness) than men (because men tend to rely heavily on their arms to complete heavy tasks, which is less effective).
Study made possibly? Only interested.

I'm going to do some research on this issue, but few small errors I like to correct:

But I suppose my point here is that size has absolutely nothing to do with strength.
Muscle size does have effect.

Man is averagely larger than women only in term of muscular mass, and only because women don't give enough effort in developping it.
Men grow taller and have heavier, have always grown, even when they did some very hard work, sometimes even harder than men.

A lot of the physical fitness of someone goes by what he did when he was young. It already been scientifically proven that a kid who eat way too much at youth will have way more chance to become a big fat person when he will be adult because he developed a lot of fat gorging tissues in his skin and muscles.
Actually off-topic. Fat is reserved energy and is only hindrance before you need it. Doesn't give any boost to your strength. But otherwise good point, athletic children tend to grow strong and wiry.
...70 years... LOL

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:36 AM

Eagle of Fire, on Oct 29 2005, 03:54 AM, said:

That may not be the right way of putting it, though. You almost make it sound as if it were morally reprehensible not to develop all your potential muscle. Actually, the reason why comparatively few little girls play football or hockey is mainly that their parents think of that as unfeminine and don't really want to have little Wendy grow up to be a big butch weight-lifter. And they're not the only ones who think so. Would you date a girl who is obviously a lot tougher and stronger than you, knowing there's be no end of jokes be made behind your back? In the end, you can hardly blame Wendy for not making an effort at developing her body muscle if everybody kept shoving Barbie dolls at her while she was small and telling her that that's just what girls do. Boys, on the other hand, are expected to do sports, just as girls are expected to play with dolls. It's not only natural inclination in the way you present it to be.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#15 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:32 AM

Kon-Tiki, on Oct 29 2005, 01:32 AM, said:

1) They've got more involvement in raising kids, which's overtime
2) They're generally physically weaker (Although I know some girls that could whoop some guys' butts without breaking a sweat)
3) Because we want to make sure our wife and kids have everything they want and need, and want to work for it
Yeah, hmm what about those ever gorwing number of women who don't have children/are never married??
And what if the man and woman are equal in the care of their children, you still have to work more...
I guess equality is only on the part which serves women...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)