5 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

Okay had this thought let's say you had the power to bring any band together, any member to form a super All Star Band, who would you include and why, it can be across any genre of music but what are some choices you would love to see happen but probably will never happen or if it did it'd be like a one time thing, okay here's my choices.

Vocals- Bruce Dickinson (Hands down one of the best metal singers in my opinion his material with Iron Maiden to this day is still solid and his solo work is just as incredible good range of operatic style of vocals, amazing singer.)  

Runner up- Geoff Tate
(Another awesome vocalist who definitely has a good range on vocals he would also be awesome to include)

Lead Guitar- Joe Satriani (What can I say this man is insane on the electric guitar, he is a good composer when it comes to writing music, he would be incredible for any band to have and he's experienced.)

Lead Guitar- John Petrucci (Already plays guitar with Dream Theatre but having him in another sort of all star band would be incredible, the man has amazing solos, very solid good fast thraser of riffs, can compose and write lyrics big bonus!)

Runner Up- Steve Vai (The man is very creative on guitar, some of the things he comes up with is just mind boggling, very innovative with the sounds he uses and the way he plays, would put him on as a 3rd lead guitarist but may get messy.)

Bass- Steve Harris (Self taught one of the loudest bass players who can pump out a good sound, you can always know when Harris is playing, good writer when it comes to vocals too.)

Drums- Mike Portnay This was tough to pick, but I decided on Portnay from Dream Theater for his creative drumming and good solid sound, very incredible drummer that stands out.

Runner Up- Nicko Mcbrain- This was my other choice very solid drummer, would say even possibily a bit more solid than Portnay but again awesome drummer

Runner Up 2- Neil Peart (Had to put him down because he's just so awesome this was hardest to pick from.)

Well these are my all star band choices, what's yours?

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

id have Maynard doing the vocals with a helping hand from rapper Olli Banjo and my drinking buddie Peter on the guitar with Flea on the bass and that crazy cocaine addict from hypnos69 doing the drum work... all this would  be enhanced by olli banjos DJ Roman

probably sound like crap but it would be interesting :D

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#3 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

Geoff Tate - Vocals (Best metal vocalist ever)
James Hetfield - Rhythm Guitars (Rock solid and passionate player)
Joe Satriani - Lead Guitars (Best solo composer ever)
Steve Harris - Bass Guitar (Skill and songwriting wise the best bass player ever)
Mike Portnoy - Drums (Badass drummer)

Aside from pure skill I picked these musicians because of their overwhelming songwriting prowess. These guys if put together would make some incredible music; considering their egos dont eat eachother up beforehand  :D

#4 Iron_Scarecrow

Iron_Scarecrow

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:52 AM

Is Dream Theatre that Christian Metal band?

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:11 PM

Uh no not at all. :D Where did you hear that? They are prog metal.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:26 PM

Iron_Scarecrow, on Nov 22 2005, 11:52 AM, said:

Is Dream Theatre that Christian Metal band?
  :D