• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:19 AM

Well after years of always using IE, and the off-and-on use of Firefox, I have finally decided to leave IE, and use Google Chrome. I'm in love with it. Will I use the upcoming Chrome OS? Maybe, but I do worry about offline software.

Anyone else use Chrome?

#2 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Not using Chrome as of yet, I'm convinced that in a few years it could actually close out IE or Firefox.

It's google, after all.

I was interested in it at first, but I heard there were some concerns regarding privacy,cookies and things like that.

I didn't have time to look into it myself and to be honest I'm pretty happy with Firefox.

What makes it worth the switch?
Me>You

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

Well, overall when Google said that Chrome is the "most stable" browser, they were right. I decided to do my ultimate test: go shopping for a new desktop theme. When I find themes I like, I often open up each one in a tab. So within 5 min, I usually have 10 to 20 tabs running. IE 8 instantly slows and freezes by the time I open 8 tabs, Firefox froze and closed at 11. And Chrome never froze or closed. Even when I had 25 tabs open. Wow.  :whistle:

Plus, screen space is a big issue for me. I primarily use my Eee PC Netbook, which I keep at a 800x480 resolution. Opera is WAY to screen-hungry. What the hell are all those ugly grey bars doing all over the place?! Firefox is pretty good, just as IE. But Google Chrome feels as if, I'm not even running a browser. Plus, the blue is VERY sleek and stylish.

Some other great features:
-Flash and other plugins work out-of-the-box
-Imports IE and Firefox Favs
-Remembers EVERY password from IE and Firefox (And unlike IE8, it remembers passwords for each site. That way on one site, I'm not presented with 5 other possiblities.) :)
-Terrific spellchecker. (God I love it) :(
-Low spec and processor useage.

Overall, my family still uses IE. They did not like Firefox. Google could be the one to finally replace IE. And as for privacy, Microsoft also takes information. So I'm not worried about it. I used to love Google. But then I left. I never stopped using Google search though.

But now I'm coming back to Google. Chrome is brilliant. And if Google is taking over the world, maybe we should join them. I've changed. I went from a Googler to a non-Googler who still uses Google, to a full blown Googler. Chrome and Google Earth take my soul, and never let go. :shrug:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I never have to go to Google.com. Type into the address bar, and it searches. You can change your default search provider. But using Google Chrome and having the browser search using Bing seems wierd. :shrug: