18 replies to this topic

#1 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:53 AM

Ground Control is free. :)  Rumor has it that GC's expansion is going to be released for free in November.

Minimum requirements:
Pentium 200 MHz, 32 MB RAM, Windows 95/98, DirectX 7.0, DirectX-compatible video card, Windows-compatible sound card, 4x CD-ROM drive, and 306 MB hard-disk space.

Recommended requiremets:
Pentium 333 MHz, 64 MB RAM, DirectX-compatible 3D accelerator, and 505 MB hard-disk space.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
IPB Image

#2 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:08 PM

Mmmm looks awesome! I'd get it right this moment, but im busy downloading Freespace 2's voice/movie files and the such. Could we get a bit more information?

#3 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

Sierra's page 'bout Ground Control

They seem to have a Buy-link on it, and the only available version from them that's for download's a demo version. I'd say it's not so freeware yet.

Edit: That's from the publisher's site. This's from the developer's site, where they do put it up for free:
Massive Entertainment's page 'bout Ground Control

#4 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:22 PM

They've released it on Fileplanet, to go with the release of Ground Control 2. You can either download it on its own or with the Ground Control 2 multiplayer demo.

#5 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:11 PM

excellent man, thanks for the info!

#6 SupSuper

SupSuper

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:11 PM

Yeah they released it for free months ago, I've played it and it's quite fun. It's the sort of game where you get a bunch of troops to use on various missions from destroy the target, protect the target, rescue the target, stuff like that, all in all mixed with an interesting storyline. I would've kept playing but as usual I got stuck on a mission which I just can't beat :)
This was brought to you by SupSuper aka Daniel Albano

#7 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

A mission you can't beat ? Than I suggest you to try DLH or Cheatbook. :)

Now let's see who's going to make the review for it. *looks at the minimum requirements; sees DirectX 7.0* OK, I'll do it ;)
IPB Image

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:07 PM

I've had it for a while too, when I got the GC2 demo. It's pretty good - been a while since a good new RTS came out, and definitely a very worthy addition to the site - somebody get reviewing!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#9 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:19 PM

I'd like to review it.
I bought the game when it came out, it's a fantastic game and really pretty (even now)

#10 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, it's a brilliant game. It's still one of my favourites, although it did have some annoying bugs (by no fault of my own I had to do the last Crayven mission 6 times). Other than that, it's great.

Anyone else completed both campaigns?

#11 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:59 AM

I didn't even complete the first. (without cheating :) )
IPB Image

#12 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

Hmm the last Crayven mission is quite hard, but if you take ages over it it's fine. I recommend a LOT of light Terradynes and a unit of Main Battle Terradynes. You'll need the light terradynes to set up and incredibly large amount of turrets.

The Main battle ones are just for fighting.

And artillery is a must on this one, as are Jaeger Infantry squads. With explosive packs.

#13 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:33 PM

I own the original plus the expansion. Haven't even gotten through the second campaign...

*edit*
It's a good game though and with an interesting storyline. A little too fast paced for my taste though. I tend to give up when the action gets too heavy...  :)

#14 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:59 PM

Too bad that the expansion can't be downloaded yet. :)
IPB Image

#15 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:24 PM

The last mission of the second campaign is, franky, a *kvetch*. It takes so damn long for the bomb to go off and it's a continuous assault all of the way. The way I did it was by force-firing artiallery onto the path and hoping that it would cause plenty of casualties and then mopping up the rest.

It took about 10 attempts, as I tried numerous places to fire artillery and times as well.

Reply to this topic