A Blurred Line

35 replies to this topic

#1 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:47 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#2 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

Warning!
Unless you're a trained Jedi, you should consider the driving game impossible to complete within 50+ tries (Luckily it can be skipped after 5 tries).

Of course, the rewards per level you did yourself are nice, if you're willing to put the effort into it :)

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

Yeah no kidding.  :) You need super quick reactions for this section in the game, I'd rather not think about the number of times I crashed. :D

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Dec 2 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

Yeah no kidding.  :) You need super quick reactions for this section in the game, I'd rather not think about the number of times I crashed. :D
OH NO! I had nightmares from the driving parts in KotOR(they were optional, luckily. But I think I was rather good driving by the end).

I'm a jedi(completed Jedi knight: Dark forces 2, Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast and Jedi knight: Jedi Academy, Knights of the old republic), or atleast judging by the games I've played. I'll give this a shot sometime.

#5 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:50 PM

Why is the beginning so ludicrously hard? And why fall into the Final Fantasy trap of having tough fights right after long, unskippable cutscenes and pages of dialogue? Gah!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#6 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

You should be able to get through the very first parts with relatively little effort (assuming you picked up the wrench).
The two guards are redicilously hard, though. Just spend a lot of creds buying chips and try to take as few risks as possible (and concentrate fire, of course).

#7 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:00 AM

That was what I meant. There's no advantage to hanging around encountering monsters that i can see, since you use more credits in buying chips than they drop. I couldn't beat one of those guards by the time I got there - the second one showing up seemed entirely unfair.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#8 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:31 AM

You did get the wrench and all the armor, did you?
Some of the creatures (well, that alley slime thing, but most others won't ever do more then 4 damage.) won't even be able to harm you most of the time with all armor equiped, and with the wrench your damage output will be slightly higher then that of a guard by the time you reach them. :)

But no, there isn't really an advantage to fighting monsters in the first part of the game so big you should do it for the sake of it, but you should be able to get a very decent ammount of credits by the time you reach the guards. You shouldn't have to rely on healing items for recovery either. Use the bum in the first alleyways, and the barrel down in the tunnels. The last part is hardest, but the creatures should give you little trouble up to the top of the warehouse to face the guards.

I did them with 3 sandwiches, 2 other thingies (60 HP healing), 9 bags of chips and a bottle of healing. Still had over 200 credits left.

Also, I suspect you can get an ability from those guards to make it easier. I didn't know how that worked back then, so I'm not sure though. :D

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:22 AM

Ding ding, Doubler got it.  :) That is exactly what you have to do beef, use the ability feature a couple of times on the first guard, until you finally steal his, then just heal yourself and use his attacking ability on him, as it does much more damage then your normal attack, just keep at it, and make sure you stock on some potions to refill your abilities meter (although you should have some already from some of the chests)

Yeah but that part was annoying first time around, very bleh after that long speech.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#10 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hmmm. I seem to have missed a bunch of stuff somewhere, then - I didn't get any of that stuff, and only got the ability to sense auras right before that fight. Meh.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#11 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:16 AM

It's normal that you only get the ability before the fight :)
Just use it twice in the fight, and you get to use their abilities for the length of the fight.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:14 PM

Eventually as you start to use the ability feature too more and more as you battle against enemies, you'll be able to learn the techniques and be able to use them well for forever then. :)

#13 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

I'm now looking for the third key (I think?) in the princess bit... That's a very annoying part.
Anybody got an idea of how to proceed? :)

Edit: Nevermind...

Edit 2: Ack, finished it. Was Line's End ever finished?

#14 Grizzly616

Grizzly616

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hey guys, i dont want to be rude but i thing this game is almost annoyingly easy Maybe i played too much of these type of games on snes. anyway, the story is developing nicely so far...

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

If you've played a lot of the snes rpgs then yeah can see why ya might find it easy, guess it depends also on what types of rpgs you have played when you start trying this one out. :)

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic