mades

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:04 AM

Thanks. I'll try that.

EDIT: It might be the driver apparently which doesn't support OpenGL

It's too late now to do anything. I'm sooooooooooo tired. I'll try installing the new driver tomorrow.

EDIT 2: Nevermind that, I tried it tonight... but I have a different version than any of their drivers. I need a diskette or something. Unless I just ask my pc repair guy to install the latest drivers.

"""* Windows XP Users:
Please note that the default drivers that come with Windows XP are NOT OpenGL compatible. You will need to go to the video card or video chip manufacturer and obtain the latest Windows XP compatible drivers with OpenGL support. This is especially true for ATi and nVidia based video cards."""

Noooooooooooooooo! LOL

I found all the needed info here:

https://activision.c...li=&p_topview=1

I can't even email them... it brings me to some stupid 404 page (or something similar) :angel: Oh yeah, nVidia that is.

EDIT by Beef: Removed doublepost, avatar and signature. Please try to stick to the forum rules.

Edited by BeefontheBone, 20 April 2006 - 07:46 PM.

#32 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

I've removed that doublepost and your signature and avatar as they exceed the filesize and dimension limits for the forum. Please stick to the rules in future.

On topic, what graphics card do you have? If you don't know, go Start -> Run and run dxdiag - it'll be listed in the top left of the Display tab.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#33 mades

mades

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Would that be the graphics card?

#34 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:02 PM

Yup, that's the one. You should be able to get up-to-date drivers from nVidia's website.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#35 mades

mades

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:13 PM

(I have Windows XP)

I did actually, but these were the only drivers they were offering:

1: GeForce and TNT2
2: GeForce Go 7800 GTX
3: Quadro
4: Riva 128 / 128128 ZX

For GeForce and TNT2, it had the following note (amongst others):
"""Adds support for GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7900 GT, and GeForce 7600 GT"""

And for GeForce Go 7800 GTX, it had the following note (amongst others):
"""ForceWare driver that supports Mobile GPUs. This driver only supports GeForce Go 7800 GTX GPUs from the manufactures listed above."""

I have no idea if any of these 2 are right, since I have nVidia's GeForce2 MX/MX 400
The problem is that their customer support doesn't work :angel:
I get one of those pages which says either that the page doesn't exist or whatever.

The site I went to was this one http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp

#36 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:35 PM

You want the first one of those - the drivers for GPUs these days cover whole chipsets rather than individual cards.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#37 mades

mades

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

I'll be doing that then, I'll edit this post later on.

EDIT 1: Downloading 20 mb or so. :ok:

EDIT 2: Mmm, it said that the software I'm currently trying to install "has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP". And it also said that it could destabilise or impair the system either now or in the future.  :( Now THAT would suck. Methinks asking my pc guys at the store would be safer than me going forward with it (?) since they've been fixing my pc for years now; without any complaints on our side. Well, I need to get more rams anyway, I could ask them then I suppose, since they have installed some things on my pc. So, maybe they are some things on my pc that I don't know about by heart.

#38 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Just wanted to say that this game is pretty good. I play on Icelandic servers, but the noob server (called main something) does not have any protection against hackers, so it nearly impossible to play there. So I play on the pro server (which has punkbuster) but there people sometimes hack, I think (I saw a guy just jumping over a wall). But that is the only thing I find wrong with it.

I do best as a covert ops with a sniper  :ok: I can take out a moving target (not in close combat) in 2-3 shots (assuming the character is in full health) if the target is in plain sight.

But I pretty much must be in a good place where the enemy can't get to close (or sneak behind me and knife me)

Overall a great game  :(

#39 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

I Like being a Covert Ops, it really sucks though when there is a little bit of lag on the server and the shot you fired from the sniper rifle jumps with the scope, which means on laggy servers I don't get to use the best K3 rifle (which reloads unlike crappy garand) but have to use the multi-purpose unsilenced FG rifle.

Favourite Map has got to be Fuel Dump, if your axis, did you know that on the first MG Tower that you can build, you can jump on the little ladder-guard at the top and jump onto the roof, most people never look at the roof and you are safe from sniper fire from the foot-bridge side.

Worst Map has got to be Wurzburg Radar, its so damn laggy (if you have crappy graphics cards and processors)

@Tareal - what do you mean by jumping over a wall? Like jumping 10 feet into the air over a wall? If freindly fire is off then he might have got blasted over with a dynamite or grenade.

#40 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

Friendly fire was on. There is a huge wall about the hight of 2 men. And he just jumped over.

#41 Shunk Eat Enemy

Shunk Eat Enemy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:54 PM

I'm gonna assume more people that play ET are more active here (AR) as i play it almost everyday so i was hoping maybe to play with some of ya i live the US so ill reach out as far as the U.K. and Poland to play on a server.

Leprosy(virus)

#42 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:33 PM

WOOO! True Combat Elite is here! Anyone who even has heard of ET should check it out. IMO, TCE is much better than ET, with a realistic, yet action packed Counter-strike-esque take on the FPS genre http://www.truecombatelite.net/
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#43 Guest_Aramatheus_*

Guest_Aramatheus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

I've been playing ET for some while now.. Actually a few years already, I guess. I've been in a couple of clans, I've been on dozens of different servers, played a LOT of different maps and always encountered different kinds of players..  :P

And I hate to say this since this is becoming a cliché to say these days but things just aren't what they used to be. Heck, every other server I enter nowadays has BOTS. Now stupid is that anyway? If I want a single player game I'll go and find one and play it on my computer. Pfft. When I start ET I want to play multiplayer battle, interact with teammates, maybe at a few enemy players and just have fun together. Seriously, no offense or anything, and I'm sure many have other views than this to the subject but the idea of filling servers with BOTS just agitates me to the point of head-explosion...  ;)

And one other thing. The increased use of Aimbots. Aimbot being a small script/piece of program to use with which it doesn't matter how bad your aiming is since you always do headshots at the dude in your screen.. This can really ruin the gaming experience, especially these days that its happening too much. Even on formerly respectable clan servers its sometimes impossible to have fun since out of 10 players there are like 6 players cheating. And no, I'm not the kind of player who calls someone who's just better a cheater.

Seriously, once I was playing on the regular server I usually play on nowadays, and when a clan member with admin rights came online, and I gave him three names to spectate, and after a while he kickbanned all of them, stating that they were indeed using aimbots. How stupid is that anyway? If you can't play well enough to have fun, and you feel the urge to take away the challenge and fun from other players, I really don't think you should play multiplayer games like that at all.. It's just sad that PunkBuster doesn't work against aimbots..

All in all I've had some greats time on ET. Few times we've formed fireteams with a few friends ( we all met eachother online ), played on the same team and had loads of fun working as a unit. It's also quite fun to play on random servers, meet new people, try out new maps and mods and so on.. It's just that cheating seems to snap the spine of the whole idea. Please people, don't cheat. Don't kill something wonderful.  :tai:

#44 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:55 AM

They're just poor little bastards, who are being kicked to head in real life, so they want vengeance and play to be the greatest. And only way they can get it is cheating. Doping I kind of understand, though I don't accept it, but using aimbots etc is just... pathetic. And I know what you mean, that you're not just whining against betters. If you've played couple of years, been in clans etc, I think you've already grown over that part. Btw, which clans? I'm former member of 27th Reg, though we used to be MoHAA-only clan. Being former member means something like I took part in... erm, one match? Or something.

About TC:E, looks potentially good. I guess I have to check it out, though for some odd reason my FPS online games lag like hell...
...70 years... LOL

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic