35 replies to this topic

#31 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, it definitely deserves its own review, but I'd still say wait for version 1.0. It's only at version .27, which means that the current gameplay is only a quarter of later content when the final version is done. Lots of bugs are still being worked out and gameplay mechanics are destined to change over time (much like how farming changed). I want to review DF as much as you do, but I'd still say give it more time. :D

#32 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

Odds are, the game will be in alpha forever, the fact is, this game's alpha is not like other games' alphas, in that it's still perfectly playable in this version.

I think the game does deserve a review in it's current state, but with a note saying the the game is constantly changing and that certain details of the review may be incorrect due to recent updates, and an understanding by the site's organisers that the DF review will likely require more maintainance and updating than most other reivews on the site.

In my experience, I'm not so good at writing reviews, but I would be more than happy to take some exciting screenshots and do any other work around a DF review.
IPB Image

#33 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

I'd be happy to write the review out. It's everything else that I don't really know what to do with, such as screenshots and the like.

If I write a gereral review then point the reader at the download page and the DF Wiki, the review could possibly stay up for an unlimited amount of time and still be up to date.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#34 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:21 AM

What kind of image would we need? And by that, I mean which dimention, is there a preferer image type, etc.

I'm working on something which, I hope, will give out a great review. :P
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#35 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

Ahhhh, I love this game:

:P

Attached Files

IPB Image

#36 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

Just wanted to jump in here and say that I recently discovered Dwarf Fortress (due almost entirely to it being mentioned on this site), and I love it too.  The depth of the game is just incredible!
Today is a good day for pie.

Reply to this topic