216 replies to this topic

#16 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:20 PM

Well, I'm going to try to make the lamps smaller, but if they're too narrow or tiny, the certain parts of the model will cause the engine to prevent them from rendering in the play build because it can't generate such small plains.

Currently, that's only a problem for the current version of the engine (extra) but I'm planning to upgrade it to Commercial for about 100 dollars.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#17 Exile

Exile

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:37 PM

hey blood-piggy, i noticed u are using darkbasic, which i am using as well, and u said a one-man team is slow progress, so if you would ever need help, you can ask me for it. one problem though, i don't know where you live, but i live in the netherlands  :blink:
Open the door! are u exiling me or something?

#18 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

In the US.
I'm not actually using DarkBASIC, it's 3D GameStudio.

But I do own Dark Pro, so if I do ever need help, I'll look you up, thanks for the offer Exile.

#19 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:23 PM

Looks good so far Bloody Pig.

Very nice concept you have.. just don't rush it. If you get eager to relase and send out something with so so graphics the game will really suffer. Take your time and do this properly :blink:. Also, you could look around a few modding forums for popular games and look for a few modellers to help you out. Would speed things up and I am eager to play!

By the way... if you finish this would you be willing to attempt the oh so abandoned 'RedSnow' project ?
Me>You

#20 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

Tom Henrik, on Dec 2 2005, 03:53 AM, said:

The only thing I can think of is that the lamp looks extremelly big next to the guy. Their proportions doesn't seem to fit eachother. :blink:
Maybe it's a midget? Who knows.

Looks nice..

#21 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

Hey Pigggy   :blink:

That's an unusual game you're doing there - I love the idea of a horror western.   :D

How are you getting on with it?  It's looking good so far, but have you got any more pics or screenshots for us?

As Sean already said, don't be tempted to rush this.  Just take your time with it.

:D
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#22 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

I have no new screenshots.

Sorry, but thanks for your interest.
If you really want to know what I'm doing right now, it's a little work on scripting and etc.
You know, building the engine, AI, and other stuff.
A little work on the models too, just a lack of good textures.  :blink:

#23 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

Is it still just yourself, or have you got any help with the game?

:blink:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#24 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

Still myself, still myself.
I'm a bit too quiet to actually go out and look for help, unless it's someone I personally know.

A friend might be helping out on designing the levels and story + monsters and etc.

#25 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:35 PM

Blood-Pigggy, on Dec 13 2005, 11:04 PM, said:

Still myself, still myself.
I'm a bit too quiet to actually go out and look for help, unless it's someone I personally know.

A friend might be helping out on designing the levels and story + monsters and etc.
I am pretty familar with level building with UnrealEditor and could probably help out with the design stages if you get really desperate. Also, if you ever want somebody to feed ideas to and get some feedback on them I could listen to you for a hour or two.

Now have you found your old game yet? I still want to play it...  :blink:
Me>You

#26 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

That "old game" has now been eaten up along with my other computer.

And if you're dedicated, you could actually help me with level design, the engine allows me to import maps from UnrealEd, so somewhere along the line you could probably help me with a few maps!

#27 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:44 PM

Blood-Pigggy, on Dec 14 2005, 10:41 PM, said:

That "old game" has now been eaten up along with my other computer.

And if you're dedicated, you could actually help me with level design, the engine allows me to import maps from UnrealEd, so somewhere along the line you could probably help me with a few maps!
I have a 'modified' version of UED for a game based on the engine. I can probably get UED and import my own custom packages though.  :tai:
Me>You

#28 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hi Pigggy   :bleh:

How are you getting on with the game?

#29 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hey, being away on vacation for two weeks!

Okay, since I was in Arizona (the official "Hub of the Old West) I managed to get some research done, got some soil and rocks for textures, cloth and etc. also for textures, some appropriate sketches on the landside along with camera pictures, and blah blah.

So I'm pretty much prepared.
But I've decided to change to game quite a bit. Instead of the "Cowboy Perspective" I've changed it to a Native American one. There will still be gun-slinging, but I've decided to add the option of creating your own bows or knives, traps and etc. So it'll turn out like a survival horror game in a sense, but you won't be scavenging for ammo as long as you keep a good steady supply of hand made arrows.

I'm rewriting the story to go along with the current view, and it'll be much more outdoors based, in the western desert with all those little silly bushes (imagine the desert areas in San Andreas, without the vehicular manslaughter).

Also got some concept art of the interface, if I get time to scan it and put it up.

#30 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:12 AM

Blood-Pigggy, on Dec 31 2005, 09:27 PM, said:

Also got some concept art of the interface, if I get time to scan it and put it up.
It would be interesting to see this art.  Please do put it up here if you get the chance.   :ot:

I hope you enjoyed your holiday in Arizona.   :)