#227 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

Ahem, of course he was...

In that case I think it's theoretically possible he was the first one, but I don't believe so.
...70 years... LOL

#228 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

I wasn't referring to the Tolkien connection, really, but to the fact that the name itself sounds a bit... wrong.;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#229 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

I don't believe either of us actually believed so - this just went into pointless debate of totally trivial issue. And yes, the name sounds a little... wrong. ;)
...70 years... LOL

#230 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

says:
"[U] Shagrat, the Orc Captain (Green 'o')
=== Num:227 Lev:19 Rar:2 Spd:+0 Hp:400 Ac:60 Exp:400
He is an orc of power and great cunning, leader of the garrison at Cirith Ungol.
"

and wiki says:

"was the Uruk captain in command of the common Orcs and Uruk-hai at the tower of Cirith Ungol, which guarded a treacherous pass into Mordor.

After the discovery of the unconscious Frodo in Shelob's Lair, Shagrat and Gorbag had Frodo put into the highest room of the tower. While the two orcs were searching through Frodo's things, a dispute erupted over the highly valuable mithril vest. The quarrel led to a battle among the Orcs in the tower; nearly all were killed.

Shagrat was the only survivor. He took the mithril shirt, as well as Frodo's Elven cloak, to Barad-dûr. These were used by the Mouth of Sauron as evidence of Frodo's capture.

In Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, he is a normal Orc rather than an Uruk. In the video game based on the film, he is a boss whom Sam has to kill.

"Shagrat, Orc of the Ozarks" appeared as Hobo name #573 in John Hodgman's list of 700 Hobo Names in his book, The Areas of My Expertise.

The name is also used (in slightly different form) by singer/guitarist/drummer Shagrath, one of the founding members of black metal band Dimmu Borgir.
"

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#231 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

Killed by a potion mimic? Pants. They can be pretty nasty - summoning and bolt spells aplenty. I left that one for ages and came back to it at about level 33 or something - the 3-radius blasts of mana burst after level 30 are very useful for things like that with immobile enemies.

Weapons of Westernesse are some of the better ones, especially for pure fighters - they slay common enemies (but not dragons or animals) as well as evil and increase physical stats. There's usually an extra resistance or two, regeneration, feather falling or slow digestion and sometimes a sustain on them too, but those won't show up unless it's been *ID*d using a scroll of *Identify* or the service at the Library (1300 - 1500 gold), though their effect will still be in place.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#232 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:54 AM

Level 13 now, and so far my chaos patron has been quite nice (apart from the bit when he lowered all my stats when I reached level 13). I've also been polymorphed again - into an amberite this time. So I suppose that means I'll never manage to reach level 30...

Attached Files

#233 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

Nice mutation you got, but that other one balances it too well...
...70 years... LOL

#234 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Drop things isn't much of a problem, in fact it can be a boon if your weapon gets cursed/blasted or you weild a cursed one by mistake. Teleport at will is indeed handy.

A tip; you don't really need to buy potions of restore stat - the Inner Temple buildings (everywhere except the outpost IIRC) will offer Restoration for 500 gold, restoring ALL your stats (but not drained experience) - a bargain. It's worth stockpiling the restore ones if you se them reduced or find them in the dungeon, though, and the potions are usually marginally cheaper if you've only had one stat reduced.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#235 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Oct 4 2007, 06:29 PM, said:

Drop things isn't much of a problem, in fact it can be a boon if your weapon gets cursed/blasted or you weild a cursed one by mistake. Teleport at will is indeed handy.
I found it terribly annoying, actually, because I kept losing my weapon and having to search for it again when I realised I had lost it.
So in the end, I decided to have the corruption removed, but of course the good corruption was removed first. Oh well.;)

#236 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

Usually happens - my character had a bunch of good ones, then picked up that sodding wasting disease and lost all of them getting it cured - she's just got the Midas touch one at the minute, and I keep forgetting to use it anyway...
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#237 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

Wow people still play this game? though the board is half dead.

:( I nearly finished the game until i got to level 110(dungeon after the snake boss)(or so) and i drank a potion which turns out to be a "potion of detonation" which instantly killed me  :roflol:  :unsure: (stupid unbalanced cheap @#$$#@$@#) I guess ill try again :O

#238 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

Welcome aboard, mate. I bet no one of us has reached that far yet, so your knowledge and experience may be extremely valuable!
...70 years... LOL

#239 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

dude he drank a potion of detonation ^^

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#240 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:48 PM

(my crappy/okay guide to leveling)
I always choose a chaos-warrior mindflayer/pixie :( then when I have 25 mana I go south to the sea and use like 20 magic missiles against a sea troll(everything else is like 100x harder though)(who gives like 1500 xp at level 14) until im level 30ish then I go to the north north area where the dragons(watch out for a few enemies) live till I get bored :roflol:

bleh anyways  my new level 39 pixie slaugthered by a demonic quivealkgalg(w.e) summoned "ancient dragons" (aka 5 unique dragons and 3 really strong ones) and died instantly

View PostDakaSha, on Oct 14 2007, 07:06 AM, said:

dude he drank a potion of detonation ^^

:unsure: live and learn i guess theres also a suicide mushroom i believe.

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic