109 replies to this topic

#1 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:11 PM

Ah, Wii will be capable of playing Gamecube titles? Mmmmm.

I don't know. The guy here told me the price is 150 euros for Gamecube console with MOD chip. I am thinking of buying it. It is a lot of money for me, especially since I have PS2, but I'd like my share of Zelda, Metroid and stuff like that.

I heard Sunshine-Mario was bad, done very quickly. I remember Yoshi's Island for SNES, and it looked like a PS1 game, a real beauty. They don't make such games anymore. This 3-d graphics never gave the atmosphere of the 2-d 16-bit classics.

But prices of games for GC are acceptable now, especially those at garage sales, I'll think a little more.... I'm afraid later I won't be able to find another GC console since they are more-or-less rare, and in few years they will be as rare as original NES.
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#2 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

you cant only play GC titles... you can download NES, TG16, Sega Genesis, SNES and n64 games for it also :P

(small fee per game though.. something like 5 bucks for nes, 10 bucks for the 16 bit games and 15 for the n64 titles)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#3 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

Nice. But, still, Gamecube is 150 Euros. Wii will probably go as far as 500, without MOD chip.

I don't know really. I have N64 and played Ocarina of time, so I guess I got in Nintendo-mood.

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

Nah the wii won't be that expensive, it's going to be the cheapest of the next gen consoles, that's the price for the ps3 you were thinking of. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:25 PM

Well, I think I'll buy myself PS3 but in two-three years. Right now, the last console's generation is virtually at its peak concerning gamers. Tons of them, tons of gadgets, cheap, slowly going to abandonware.... ah....

I get emotional. It seems like yesterday when I got into the shop with my mother and bought SNES. Then all that saliva for the first playstation on magazines. Then the long wait for N64. So much systems, so little time....

#6 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

Sony's apting for a Q4 06' launch (the same day as Halo 3 comes out) but from the looks of it, there wont be any games done. My dad works in the industry, and he says there's no way they can expect the launch titles to be ready by then.
I've never bought a Nintendo console, but if you ask me, originality and FUN will triumph over graphics in the end. Looks to me like they might make a comeback

My main concern for the sake of gaming is profits. Already, developers are suffering because rental stores make huge profits off their games without any compensation. Furthermore, games cost like 3 times as much to make now.
If the gaming industry raises, prices, we'll all just end up renting anyways.
Yet, if they lower the developing price, other companies will out sell them.
The game industry is digging it's own grave
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#7 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:03 AM

I don't know. They still earn millions. They spend millions as well. But I am sceptical about the future as well. I have seen some PS3 games- they are nice, but nothing revolutionary. Just old games with better graphics. Not to mention that since Playstation 1 there were no new "genres" of the games. Original playstation introduced 3-d graphics of high quality to gamers, new genres were possible.

Next generation surely needs more imagination, more ideas how to make us surprised. Remember the feeling first time you witnessed "Battle Arena Toshinden"? I'm talking about that feeling. Haven't had it in a while.

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:09 AM

And I think that's where the wii's going to come in, surely some new ideas are going to be thought of with use of the controller. Now granted hopefully it's not too gimicky but you never know could change the way we play games, that's asking a lot it might happen, who knows really. PS3 and 360 both got their killer games coming out, so all need to strike hard and fast.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:51 PM

the game cube sells for like 60 euros over here :P and the wii will go for at the MOST 250

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#10 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

So the new nintendo system is now called Wii. How the heck is that pronounced? The Nintendo Wheeeee? I sure hope not :P

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

Smart marketing technique actually, gets everyone talking and discussing it and really it has worked, if you think of the way systems have sold the dumb names have won, I mean playstation oooh x-box yawn, game boy :P nintendo ds, look at dreamcast fancy name didn't sell well, jaguar again bad seller, neo-geo, catchy but no go.

#12 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

^Very good point. Nintendo is always one step ahead it seems :P

I can't wait to play my brand new Wheee :P

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

And will be the cheapest, and now we got a light gun to look forward to, smash bros with solid snake, they better get sonic in that game and zelda launch title, and the virtual console.

#14 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:36 PM

Where is Gamecube 60 Euros ? ? ? ?

As for FF, yeah whatever- FF3 or whatever you call it is the top FF.

And Wii. Well, I wish good luck- I was very sad when Sega left the race, I wouldn't like Nintedo to go to attic as well .

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

Nah don't think that will be happening, but a lot riding I think with the wii so we'll see.