Fiend

12 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

The top down view irks me, so I don't know if I really want to play this, I really like isometric games more than these "round-heads-with-bubbly-arms" type of things.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#3 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

Neato, one of my requested/suggested games got on! What a trip!

I didn't really try the game very long, admittedly. :P Perhaps a second install.
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#4 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

This got up quick! I'll have to try it.
IPB Image

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

View PostIendicis, on Jun 16 2007, 01:10 AM, said:

Neato, one of my requested/suggested games got on! What a trip!
It was an excellent request.   :D

Play it at night, with the lights off for maximum scares.  I nearly had a heart attack playing this game.     :shrug:  :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

View PostFrodo, on Jun 16 2007, 03:16 AM, said:

Play it at night, with the lights off for maximum scares.  I nearly had a heart attack playing this game.     :shrug:  :ok:
Last time I played a horror game in the dark I was scared for a week and scarred for a lifetime. That was System Shock 2, and boy, I will never be quite the same. I don't know if I can take another. :D

I think the Pnembra dudes made this game...I thought that was their site...
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#7 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

View PostIendicis, on Jun 16 2007, 05:06 PM, said:

View PostFrodo, on Jun 16 2007, 03:16 AM, said:

Last time I played a horror game in the dark I was scared for a week and scarred for a lifetime. That was System Shock 2, and boy, I will never be quite the same. I don't know if I can take another. :D

I think the Pnembra dudes made this game...I thought that was their site...
Yeah, this is frictional game's early work. I don't like this game though.

#8 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Hmm, is it just me or did the Fiend update disappear while the site was down?:shrug:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#9 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Jun 19 2007, 09:26 PM, said:

Hmm, is it just me or did the Fiend update disappear while the site was down?:shrug:
It's just invisible.   :D

There are a few problems with putting it back on the site - missing screenshots won't upload etc.  Kosta's working to fix the problems, so hopefully it will be back soon.   :ok:

#10 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

Fiend is back to scare you once again.   :ok:

Sorry about the down-time.   :shrug:

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

Fiend is so bad that it's just makes me want to puke. The controls are horrible and doing even simplest task is hindered by the poor controls. Games are supposed to be fun and enjoyable to play, and this game is a very good example on how not to make a game. This game also tries to be a horror game, but fails in this as well. The only thing that actually is scary in this game is how badly the game is made and how frustrating it is to try and do anything. I simply can not recommend this game to anyone.

1.5 out of 5

There is my mini review of this game.

#12 tito1337

tito1337

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

The controlls took getting used to, and the grammer was poor enough that it detracted from the experience of the game, but overall I had fun with this one...

...that is until the end. Even with the walkthrough, it was just too dificult to complete with the control scheme they have.

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, the controls are annoying.  That was my main complaint about the game.   :shrug:

Reply to this topic