• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Reloaded has had it's share of problems the past year or so. as you are probably aware.  The latest of which was an upgrade to the forums, which didn't turn out as smoothly as had hoped.

In an attempt to revive the Reloaded forums, we are streamlining our forums and updating our user groups.  As part of this move, we are considering abandoning the VIP User Group, as it appears to be rather obselete now.  

We would appreciate your opinions on this (as well as your support).  How would it affect you, the user, if VIP groups were to disappear?
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Dave

Dave

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

I've never been a Vip, but I don't see the reason why you should delete the group.
You could use it to "reward" active helpers or don't know something like this.

#3 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

In it's current form it might make the forums look like an entrenched society. We need much more community before it becomes usable again :D

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#4 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

:D, i didn't even know there was a vip group
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#5 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Nooooo! now I will loose access to all those goodies and that forum!

oh wait.
Didn't have access in the first place

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

I agree with Doubler. After having forums of my own, I can definitely say that there’s no need for VIP groups... As of now. In the future, it might be a good idea.

#7 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

I wasn't even aware that there was a VIP group in Reloaded.

That's a good thing BTW. If there is ever another VIP group then we're better keep the discussion for and about it to a minimum. Sometimes it create monsters like you can see in Abandonia: every neophyte look at my VIP status and stand there in awe with mouth open... But anybody in AB who have access to the VIP forums knows there is nothing to do there and the last time something interesting was posted there was done years ago...
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#8 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

With the current amount of active users, I don't really see the point in keeping it either. Maybe it might be an idea for the future, if we get more active users, but it would probably have to actually contain something of interest. :D
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#9 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

View PostEagle of Fire, on Feb 5 2009, 12:38 AM, said:

Sometimes it create monsters like you can see in Abandonia: every neophyte look at my VIP status and stand there in awe with mouth open...
hahahaha, sorry

wait, what?

HAHAHAHA
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#10 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:14 AM

You are beginning to start a trend in which you laugh at everything I say which is true, Russ... :D
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#11 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

View PostFrodo, on Feb 4 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

We would appreciate your opinions on this (as well as your support).  How would it affect you, the user, if VIP groups were to disappear?
I'd be alright with it. It's been ages since I've been active on the site, and the VIP Room was always a wee bit dead.

Best of luck with the revamp!

#12 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

By request e-mail I dropped in and give you my opinion:

I'd say it's time for a "reboot". I'm not aware of latest events and activity, but unless activity has significantly grown, it's getting pointless to just hang in there. VIP class is one clearly obsolete monster from the past. But what the changes should be are not my concern and I'd be fool if I thought my voice would have weight enough to have serious influence.

About personal request to come back: I may drop in (never said I wouldn't ever come back, I believe), but becoming active? Very unlikely. Unless the forum is brought back to life and finds moderation more my liking.
...70 years... LOL

#13 Dave

Dave

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

View PostEagle of Fire, on Feb 5 2009, 12:38 AM, said:

But anybody in AB who have access to the VIP forums knows there is nothing to do there and the last time something interesting was posted there was done years ago...
Well we are working on it, but it's not a priority at the moment.

I suggest you to not completely delete Vip group, it could be useful again for the future.

#14 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hello There!

Been a long time since I actually posted anything here. 'tis a shame.

An attempt to revive the forums sounds like a good idea, as much as I visit this site I find it hard to actually contribute to the forums anymore. Far too quiet, and if I'm frank, not really all that fun anymore either. It's a shame, because the vibe used to be a whole lot better!

For me, the first thing we need to fix is the stupid 'default' skin. Until that's out of the way, I don't think playing around with the little details will have the impact we want. Since the boards were 'upgraded' I've almost stopped visiting entirely. Which is weird, as I used to check in weekly, and sometimes even daily. It just HURTS to look at the current forums.

In it's current form, I support the idea to abolish VIP status . At least in the short run, until the whole community comes together and is more active again.

There are suggestions that retaining a 'VIP' membership, or group has lead, or may lead to division of members. I think that's balls.

VIP was designed as a 'incentive' or 'reward' for some of our more active members that had contributed to the website. The idea behind it is solid. If we can convince some of the lazier members (like me!) to actually put some stuff together for the site that can only be a good thing. Having VIP status does encourage members to sustain some throughput of work. For non VIP's, it acts as something to work towards.

However, given the current state of the forum there isn't any need for a 'private forum'. Unlike the bigger sites, we're not competing for 'screen-time' in the main forums. Anything we want to say, will be seen. A small/tight-nit community isn't something we need to put in a private forum. At the moment, we have the foundations in place to build that vibe for ourselves in the main forum(s).

My only concern with the removal of my VIP status relates directly to content contribution. My favorite thing about being a VIP is that I am encouraged to submit my own Banners, and Interviews. This is something that is only open to Crew, and VIPs at this moment in time.

Banner submission is one privilege I would like to keep, If it's a possibility, please consider it.
Me>You

#15 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

Unless the community rapidly grows I see no reason why the public should not be able to submit banners. Interviews are another story, but banners are relatively innocent. However, I'm affraid we currently can't add banners even if we had them ^_^

And yes, we're working to get the old skin woking again. It had priority for us too :D

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D