22 replies to this topic

#1 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

I am way too lazy to see if any of these are on, there are too many. :P I thought, ah, just take all the games on my freeware list that I don't remember seeing here. Enjoy.

-Artifact (Strategy MMO)
-Terra: Battle for the Outland (A tank MMORPG that's seriously underpopulated)
-Furcadia (A moderately boring MMORPG)
-1848...no longer on website... (turn based strategy game from battlefront dudes)
-Counter Strike 2D (The name says it all)
-Fire Start remake (see name)
-Flamewar (A hilarious forum-set shooter)
-Stick Soldiers 2 (A sidescrolling deathmatch game)
-Subspace/Continuum (old Geometry Wars-like MMO-ish 2D space shooter)
-Knytt (odd platformer)
-Codename Gordon (2D Half-Life, Steam based, though)
-Colormental (sidescroller)
-War of Conquest (MMO Strategy)
-The Blob (Katamari/Mario hybrid)
-Dofus (MMO using Flash, ehh...)
-flOw (flash game worth downloading)
-Abaddon (An RPG, not half bad, official site doesn't work...)
-Death Illustrated (A black-and-white FPS, comic book style, again, no home page)
-D-Day: Battle for Normandy (A Quake 2 standalone)
-Fiend(Top down Resident Evil style horror game)
-Every Extend(Puzzle game, way super fun and crazy)
-The Hunted series (Scary Quake standalone mods, main site down...)
-Pawn (Chess at under a megabyte. Sweet, no main site...)
-Cytoplasm (A cell-level, simple RTS game)
-Base Invaders (An update of Tower Defence)
-What Linus Bruchman Sees When He Closes His Eyes (Very cool)
-Jonny RPG (Super hard RPG madness)
-Mu-Cade (shooter)
-Liero Xtreme (Liero, you idiot!)
-Dark Oberon (RTS with clay units)
-Netstorm (An RTS, Warcraft II-ish)
-Transfusion (A standalone Quake I mod)
-Blossom (Crazy color thingie)

And all this could be yours for a payment of search for the names on Google! Call now!

EDIT: Links now. Rar, that took...a long time...
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#2 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:00 AM

AND!

Would the Freespace 2 Source Project constitute as freeware? They give you the game...and I love that thing. You'd have a novel of a review on your hands if it was okay. :P
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#3 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

A few of those titles are already on the site, if not requested. We really need links because it's not so easy to just find stuff. Like Fiend, I just googled that and got tons of stuff, but not the game. Good list though!
IPB Image

#4 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

That's Narbacular Drop :P - quality game, bit short - the team are working on Portal for Valve for the Episode 2 pack. kiki was definitely requested t'other day. Keep suggesting titles though - the more the merrier.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#5 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

View PostRyGuy, on May 2 2007, 10:11 AM, said:

A few of those titles are already on the site, if not requested. We really need links because it's not so easy to just find stuff. Like Fiend, I just googled that and got tons of stuff, but not the game. Good list though!
Your wish is my command. Links for all yoose.

#6 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

That's a nice list there.   ;)
Fiend looks very interesting - I'd like to review that one.   :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 Hsien-Ko

Hsien-Ko

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

View PostIendicis, on May 2 2007, 12:00 AM, said:

AND!

Would the Freespace 2 Source Project constitute as freeware? They give you the game...and I love that thing. You'd have a novel of a review on your hands if it was okay. :P
No. Source ports aren't freeware games by themselves. Also redistributing FS2 is illegal because everyone misinterprets the EULA as if they were defining "friends and aquaintances" as anonymous strangers as an excuse to warez the game.

#8 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:38 AM

View PostHsien-Ko, on May 3 2007, 01:06 PM, said:

No. Source ports aren't freeware games by themselves. Also redistributing FS2 is illegal because everyone misinterprets the EULA as if they were defining "friends and acquaintances" as anonymous strangers as an excuse to warez the game.
I'm asking officially because everybody I ask says the game is especially freeware/abandonware at this point, as is available in so many forms that nobody give a thought. The company is out of business and nobody really cares about the game anymore, and the source project comes with the game all snazzed up.

(And the EULA, I think, is funny.)

At Deathdude: SNAP. :P

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:04 AM

According to wikipedia:

In April of 2002, Volition released the source code for the FreeSpace 2 engine. This allowed coders to modify the game in unprecedented ways. However, because the source code is under a noncommercial license, it does not qualify as free software,

So from the looks of it, doesn't look like the project would fall under freeware unfortunately.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#10 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:34 AM

I was playing that Flow game, I really didn't understand it at first. But I just kind of liked it, it was weird. I ended up playing it for a while and it was fun because it got rather competitive the further you dive down. Especially with the really large organisms. Also on the same website as Flow there is a game "Cloud." Right now I'm downloading it but it looks so promising, I'll post back after I play it.

Edit: Fun, interesting concept. But very fun, I really like how it is just like that childhood dream of flying among the clouds.
IPB Image

#11 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:23 AM

Continuum is a great game, been playing it on Trench Wars sporadically for about 3 years, perhaps even more I don't really remember.
(Edit: If any of you guys is wondering, my name there is Dark Nova is BACK.)

NetStorm already been reviewed on Abandonia.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#12 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

View PostEagle of Fire, on May 5 2007, 12:23 AM, said:

Continuum is a great game, been playing it on Trench Wars sporadically for about 3 years, perhaps even more I don't really remember.
(Edit: If any of you guys is wondering, my name there is Dark Nova is BACK.)

NetStorm already been reviewed on Abandonia.
Oh, I don't really look around Abandonia, and the game works fine on XP, so I didn't even notice. And as I said, I didn't take the time to search all of the titles...I'm too lazy.

On an aside, I'm in a mode where I love Cube. Again, might I add.

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

I've played continuum. Not that awsome. Didn't really like it, requires too much practice(to pwn real people). I quit when I was getting quite good.

#14 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:18 AM

The only place in Continuum which I ever found worthy of attention was Trench War and 15th Parallel. However, 15th Parallel been "leeted" hardcore arcade like about all the other lame places, thus leaving me only with Trench War to play with.

The reason why I play Trench War is because you play for a goal: to get the flag in the castle and keep it for 3 minutes straight. It's a team game, it's not like the other mindless killing games of the other nodes.

I used to play Hockey Zone a lot too, but at some point it went down and I stopped playing it. Was a great place too.

The only concern with Continuum is that if you don't have a good connetion, it's not worth playing at all. I would not consider playing that game seriously with a connection higher than 80ms.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#15 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

I didn't like Continuum at all, because I had to download a map for about ten minutes every time I connected, and the maps were so dimpy and small it wasn't worth it. And there weren't enough people playing to justify staying online, so I uninstalled it.

I put it on the list for a review, but well...positive or negative...

Reply to this topic