43 replies to this topic

#16 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

Don't forget to include decisions on what your footballer eats, whether he is allowed to drink (and if so, how much), how often he needs to go to the gymn and which muscles he needs to train (with a certain risk of injury, of course) and how often he gets to see his family during the playing season. And should you accept that offer for a McDonald's TV ad for which you'll get a lot of money, but in which your footballer will be wearing an extremely silly chicken costume or do you think his public image might suffer too much?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#17 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hmm...intersting idea A. J. but that woud over complicate things. I was thinking more like RPG style not simulator style. But the two can be combined though.
The Master of Light and Darkness

Don't fight the bad things in life, find the good ones! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!

#18 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:24 PM

Right, so you're not intending to have your footballers evelop and improve through training etc. but only through playing in matches, then? That would sort of get rid of the realistic element, though, wouldn't it?

#19 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

Raffles you're idea is more the 'Real-Life' aspects of the footballers life wherby from what I can tell Playbahnosh is dealing more with the sport related stuff. Training and Matches mainly I presume. Your suggestion covers a much broader scope that really isn't needed. It may be novel to be able to pick the players diet but in the end it's just that.. novel.
Me>You

#20 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

Depends on how much aspect of your players you want to include, personally it's an interesting feature I believe, but again more for the hardcore sports junkies, if there was an option to turn it on and off that'd be cool, so that way the hardcore gamers would be happy and the casual gamers too as well.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#21 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

You gave me an idea. When the player startsd the career mode, they can choose from realistic and arcade(weel, sort of) simulation, so they can choose the ammount of gameplay elements in the game itself. This way, everybody is happy. How's that sound? :)
The Master of Light and Darkness

Don't fight the bad things in life, find the good ones! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!

#22 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:18 PM

That would be a cool element indeed, and yeah if you could choose before season starts that would be a good place to put it in. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#23 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

So Play, you actually makeing this game?
Me>You

#24 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:14 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 22 2006, 11:15 AM, said:

Don't forget to include decisions on what your footballer eats, whether he is allowed to drink (and if so, how much), how often he needs to go to the gymn and which muscles he needs to train (with a certain risk of injury, of course) and how often he gets to see his family during the playing season. And should you accept that offer for a McDonald's TV ad for which you'll get a lot of money, but in which your footballer will be wearing an extremely silly chicken costume or do you think his public image might suffer too much?
You forgot the most important factor: Sex! :)
...70 years... LOL

#25 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:04 AM

Juni Ori, on Jan 23 2006, 06:14 AM, said:

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 22 2006, 11:15 AM, said:

You forgot the most important factor: Sex! :)
Ah, no. Surely there's a restriction on that? It'll only interfere with their training during the season.:angel:

#26 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:06 AM

Not all of players are forbidden of sex! :)
...70 years... LOL

#27 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:38 AM

Juni Ori, on Jan 23 2006, 08:06 AM, said:

Not all of players are forbidden of sex! :)
Well, maybe the Finns aren't. But then again, they have to have some incentive to encourage people to play football instead of ice hockey.:angel:
Seriously, though: wasn't there a news story about one national team a few years ago, because that team was forbidding its players to engage in certain activities with their wives or girlfriends (or boyfriends, for that matter)?

#28 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:43 AM

:)

Yes, and that was in my mind when I mentioned sex in the first place.
...70 years... LOL

#29 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:01 PM

Juni Ori, on Jan 23 2006, 09:43 AM, said:

:angel:

Yes, and that was in my mind when I mentioned sex in the first place.
Oh, and there was me thinking you were preoccupied with certain things... :)

Anyway, back on topic: I think one advantage about the footballer-sim thing would be that it probably hasn't been done yet, and it would also help to give more meaning to your "stats", because there would be more factors which could affect them and make them less of a static you-picked-a-troll-so-now-you're-forever-stuck-with-a-character-who's-too-dumb-to-read-a-map kind of thing.

#30 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:57 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 23 2006, 02:01 PM, said:

you-picked-a-troll-so-now-you're-forever-stuck-with-a-character-who's-too-dumb-to-read-a-map kind of thing.
You..... play too much ADOM AJ.