Hurrican

11 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 WolverineDK

WolverineDK

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

I must disagree with one thing, and that is the gamepad part. I have now tried numerous playstation pads (with an adaptor) and also I have a playstation lookalike pad, and none of them are supported by the game. And that is where I am talking about configuring the game controls to the gamepad. That is the only thing I disagree with when it comes to that great game. And I know it is not my gamepads that is the problem. But perhaps that is just me who is unlucky. But who knows ?

#3 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

Try with a pc gamepad, and see if that works.   ^_^
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 WolverineDK

WolverineDK

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

View PostFrodo, on Mar 13 2009, 05:41 PM, said:

Try with a pc gamepad, and see if that works.   ^_^

I have two PC game pads, both of them are USB pads. and one of them is an older Logitech PSX lookalike pad. So what did you do to configure the controls ? or did you just choose gamepad/joystick in the config of controls ? ;)

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

The game pad works - go to the main menu, then 'Preferences' and 'Configure Controls', then change Player 1 from keyboard to Joystick.

But I found it a lot trickier to control with the joypad.  Maybe Bobinator knows a trick that we don't.   ^_^

#6 WolverineDK

WolverineDK

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

View PostFrodo, on Mar 13 2009, 10:18 PM, said:

The game pad works - go to the main menu, then 'Preferences' and 'Configure Controls', then change Player 1 from keyboard to Joystick.

But I found it a lot trickier to control with the joypad.  Maybe Bobinator knows a trick that we don't.   ^_^

I have found out what I did "wrong". Since I thought you had to configure the controls with up and down and left right and all that. But it looks like that was my fault. Since the joypad part is already configured. Even though you can't see it. So you just have to configure the buttons, and the sensitivity part.

Edited by WolverineDK, 09 October 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

Glad you worked it out.   ^_^

#8 WolverineDK

WolverineDK

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

View PostFrodo, on Mar 14 2009, 02:32 AM, said:

Glad you worked it out.   ^_^

Hey perhaps I suck a lot to this game, but damn level 2 (on easy) made me loose 2 lives. and yes I know there are cheats for the game. But should I post them here ? But anyway I think I will try to become better at this game, even though it is irritating like bollocks. and cheats doesn't make you better.

anyway here they are.

Press TAB to activate the console.

idfa = all weapon systems max

benkenwurmus = 99 lives

traveller in time = 999 time

derfnam znert = Godmode on/off

trailblazer = infinite wheel on/off

dont stop me now = autofire +500

supersize me = supershot +500

trantor was here = all weapons => flame thrower on/off

dnstuff = 999 powerlines, grenades and shockwaves

other codes are , minimap, record demo, stop demo, load demo and all the codes are borrowed from independent gaming.

Edited by WolverineDK, 09 October 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#9 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

The main download site of the game seems to be down for whatever reason, but I've found aworking download elsewhere:
http://www.turricanforever.de/download

It's a Turrican fan site.

#10 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Would it be possible to upload the file and host it by AR? Or at least fix the link to point to that German fansite download?

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

The link has been fixed now.  Thanks MrFlibble  :smile:

#12 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Thanks! ^_^

Reply to this topic