242 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:59 PM

Well we have done the funny videos, we have done the best music videos, and now it's time to see which bands can perform the best live. It's not that hard to perform in the studio, but in a live setting where the pressure is on, few bands can pull it off flawlessly or at least in such a sense where it's just amazing to see, so here's the thread to showcase the best live videos, from bands.

A note though try to find good clips live, you want to showcase that your fav band or artist can do a good job in a live setting.

First off Dream Theater one of the best bands in a live setting where they just excel, this performance taken off their DVD Live at the Budokan performing, Hollow Years, enjoy. :(

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

Just thought would give this a boost, sure there are some vids to showcase out there, so come on you know you want to. :(

Iron Maiden- Total Eclipse (Live 1982)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:23 AM

Here is Guns N Roses at the Freddie tribute concert, singing Knocking On Heaven's Door.  It's an excellent performance, and this live version is so much better than the album version.  

:ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:03 AM

Always wanted to see their version of this song, since heard a lot about it, indeed is pretty good. :ok:

#5 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

Only thing that came into my mind is Iron Maiden - Raising Hell. Mostly thanks to horror-illusionist Simon Drake!
...70 years... LOL

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

Ack no way. :ok: One of their worst performances because Bruce's voice was shot and that was their last show before he left, the band wasn't at their top form and no Adrian Smith, Rock in Rio all the way is one of their best live shows imo. :max: Post some clips Juni from that one though as been said in the topic. :D

Anyways moving on, Megadeth time, here's She-Wolf, the extended version taken from the Rude Awakening dvd, it's an extended song, where they added a nice guitar duel and a drum solo, shame they don't play this version live anymore. :P

Megadeth- She Wolf

#7 Nace

Nace

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

You sure have a goot taste for music!
Thanks for the links, I enjoed them :max:

Slash is Michael Jordan on electric guitar, and Megadeth are giving the performance that makes you think is there any better way to perform

I`ll go get a beer

The drummer of Megadeth is insane :ok:

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:48 PM

Uh strange you mention Slash coughoveratedcough but the Micheal Jordan of electric guitar? not even close. :ok: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Steve Lomis, Micheal Romero,  Dave Mustaine, all are 10X better.

Is a great performance all around the drummer they had at the time Jimmy Degrasso is indeed excellent, great drum solo, but he's no longer part of the band, as is the rest of the group. Ah wells least Megadeth still going on strong.

#9 Nace

Nace

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Oct 1 2006, 10:48 PM, said:

Uh strange you mention Slash coughoveratedcough but the Micheal Jordan of electric guitar? not even close. :D Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Steve Lomis, Micheal Romero,  Dave Mustaine, all are 10X better.

Is a great performance all around the drummer they had at the time Jimmy Degrasso is indeed excellent, great drum solo, but he's no longer part of the band, as is the rest of the group. Ah wells least Megadeth still going on strong.

Yeah I know all about the guitar players... I`m one remember :max:
You forgot to mantion Jimi Hendrix there :ok:

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:07 AM

DD, I know it's Maiden's one of the worst performances and I admit it, but I still love it. I'm not going to post any links of the show here for their rather violent nature, but I bet everyone willing can use YouTube's search engine. Unfortunately I couldn't find the final trick from the vid there, but there's the second best: saw. Just some crazy stuff... :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#11 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

Eleftheria Arvanitaki - Dinata Dinata

Well Mr. Tuncboyaciyan's chorus might impress even those hard rockers. And

Eleftheria Arvanitaki - Thelo Konta Sou Na Meino
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

This is a most excellent live vid, Dream Theater performing a cover of Pantera's Cementary Gates in tribute of the late Dimebag, in Dallas too where he was born and with special guests Russel Allen from Symphony X, the guy from Fear Factory and Dave Mustaine on the 2nd part of the solo (where it strangly cuts out the vid around this part so take that as good or bad I suppose. ;))

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

Here is Sisters Of Mercy playing on a German tv show.  I love the song, but I have no idea what they are saying at the beginning.   ;)

Sisters Of Mercy: Under The Gun -
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#14 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

Negura Bunget - Live At Metalheart Fest (the only live video I saw)

#15 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

Time for some Hanoi Rocks, I think.  They are a VERY underrated band.  

Hanoi Rocks:  Boulavard of Broken Dreams -

;)