31 replies to this topic

#16 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

This is 3.4.3(or something like that), no doubt there has been a lot of updates, even to the colors, 15 years is a long time and the colors most likely changed in the process. Am I right or am I right?

#17 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

View PostPotatoe, on Jul 25 2007, 03:04 AM, said:

This is 3.4.3(or something like that), no doubt there has been a lot of updates, even to the colors, 15 years is a long time and the colors most likely changed in the process. Am I right or am I right?
No, you're WRONG.

Haha, Nethack has been in development for a long time, so what you have played years ago may be entirely different than what you play now. The game has been constantly worked on by fans and the Nethack team, and it shows.

Again, if you're really put out on the colors, I'm sure there are old versions of the game laying around on some site.
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#18 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

View PostIendicis, on Jul 25 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

No, you're WRONG.

Haha, Nethack has been in development for a long time, so what you have played years ago may be entirely different than what you play now. The game has been constantly worked on by fans and the Nethack team, and it shows.

Again, if you're really put out on the colors, I'm sure there are old versions of the game laying around on some site.
Errr, that's what I said, you just repeated what I said in different words.

#19 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

View PostPotatoe, on Jul 25 2007, 11:20 AM, said:

No, you're WRONG.

Then why was it worth pointing it out? Wouldn't it just been better to shut up and let the Blood Piggies lie?
I have been informed that today is, in fact, opposite day, and what you've written there is absolutely true so you should probably just go.
Rabbleous rabblerousers. Christ on a bike. Quite naturally people took you for a lunatic. Your only salvation now is complete rest.

#20 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Okay.  Let's not argue about what version this is and what colours are used.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#21 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

View PostIendicis, on Jul 25 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

View PostPotatoe, on Jul 25 2007, 11:20 AM, said:

No, you're WRONG.

Then why was it worth pointing it out? Wouldn't it just been better to shut up and let the Blood Piggies lie?

I didn't lie, I played this and it had damn four colors.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#22 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

Most likely an earlier version of the game.

Nethack is awsome, the third roguelike I played(Zangband, Adom, Nethack).

#23 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Wrong use of the word "lie," silly.

It was my first roguelike, in fact. I've played several since then (ADOM and Gearhead) but I still cherish Nethack...

Well, I played the Falcon's Eye version before that and that one didn't impress me much. :shrug:

#24 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

View PostIendicis, on Jul 26 2007, 04:53 PM, said:

Wrong use of the word "lie," silly.

It was my first roguelike, in fact. I've played several since then (ADOM and Gearhead) but I still cherish Nethack...

Well, I played the Falcon's Eye version before that and that one didn't impress me much. :shrug:
The graphics actually take out of the experience in my oppinion.

#25 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

View PostIendicis, on Jul 26 2007, 02:53 PM, said:

What did Shania Twain make of it?
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#26 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Jul 29 2007, 12:42 PM, said:

she said it was alright, but apparently not warm enough.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#27 Iendicis

Iendicis

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Jul 29 2007, 07:42 AM, said:

View PostIendicis, on Jul 26 2007, 02:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well done, hahaha. Well done.

I think part of Nethack is it's text and graphics...or lack thereof.

(Below: It would just be you and your shoutbox, BP. Best forum ever.)

#28 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:46 AM

Wtf, you're lucky I don't have admin or I would have banned you all.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#29 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

http://img465.images.../1594/nethacksh itq3.jpg remove the space in the middle.
Proof of further graphics sets in Nethack. No idea what's further than that, I'v got to level 5 or something. Hell, the censorship strikes back.

#30 Robsoie

Robsoie

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

Is there a version of either nethack or slash'em cores that feature the same excellent mouse and menu driven interfaces found in falcon eye/vulture eye but does feature the top down tiles/ASCII view instead of the very annoying isometric view found in falcon or vulture ?

Reply to this topic