21 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:23 PM

This idea came to me, what are some bands or individuals who play music, that you wish would come to perform where you live, but for some reason or another they haven't or they have but it's been years since they have done so?

Well for me I really want to see Iron Maiden come here at some point, it's been since like the early 90's when they came so that's been a long time coming they need to come back. I really wish Joe Satriani would come here to just jam, I don't think he's ever been here, but just to see him live and in person would be quite the experience, that would be so wicked.

Other groups I hope to come at some point, Iced Earth (Although won't be the same without Matt Barlow on vocals) Dream Theatre, Nevermore, and Sympothy X.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:42 PM

Katatonia. Every year I send an email to the administration of the Roskilde Festival, requesting them for the next year, but so far I've had no luck.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:03 PM

Well, I would like to have seen Garbage, but I'd definitely have to say Tool and A Perfect Circle - they never play outside London in the UK :)

Oooh, and Anathema - kinda wish I'd gone to see them in Sheffield a couple of years ago, but I'd have to go on my own since I don't really know anyone else who likes them, which wouldn't be much fun.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

I would've put down queensryche, because up until september it had been since like 91 since they last came, but they did and Sonata Artica would've been on the list but get to see them in February whoo :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:26 PM

I forgot: Judas Priest, Nightwish, Mötorhead and ACDC are on my "to see" list as well.

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

Although with the recent events that have happened, Nightwish will prob be quite a different experience without Tarja now.

#7 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:34 PM

One of my main missions in life:

See IRON MAIDEN Live!!!

And I will one day, even if I have to travel across the world to see the show. :)

#8 Galadrin

Galadrin

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:14 AM

Delerium and Enigma.  I don't really think that Delerium tours though.

#9 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:01 AM

DeathDude, on Nov 3 2005, 06:34 PM, said:

Although with the recent events that have happened, Nightwish will prob be quite a different experience without Tarja now.
Well, different for certain, hopefully not a disaster.

But to answer question, I'd say Deep Purple and AC/DC. Pretty much every other band I want to see runs here every now and then. And that's not a bad thing.
...70 years... LOL

#10 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:22 AM

DeathDude, on Nov 3 2005, 08:34 PM, said:

I didn't know she quit. :)

What happened? And who's replacing her?

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:24 AM

There a lot of stories going around, some say she quit by her self, some say the band kicked her out, supposedly she was becoming too much of a diva, only caring about the money and losing that love for the music, so the band kicked her out, no clue on who will replace her.

#12 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:35 AM

http://www.nightwish.com/

She was kicked out by the band. There's also that open letter to read to ensure you. If you wish to read Tarja's response, you can find it here:

http://www.tarjaturunen.com/
...70 years... LOL

#13 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for the links. Now the question is, who will fade into oblivion, Tarja or Nightwish.

#14 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:57 AM

Neither, I believe. Tarja will have at least some future as opera singer and has strong fan-base in Finland and some name foreign countries. Nightwish on the other hand has strong name in foreign countries and will keep up producing great opera-metal. They are after all number one - at the moment - in their genre and no reason to end here. They are searching for new vocalist.
...70 years... LOL

#15 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:15 AM

Well, if Tarja became an opera singer I dare say she would no longer be in the metal crowds spotlight. I don't mean that either one will stop existing, but that the work they will do from now on, probably won't hold up to what they've done so far. Like Black Sabbath, after they kicked Ozzy out. Or Paul Di?Anno after he left Iron Maiden claiming that they could never truly bring him to the top (in retrospect that was probably unwise, btw :bye:).

Edit: But we're kind of drifting off topic here, and should probably try to get the discussion back on track. I would've loved to see Queen live, with Freddy at front. :)