ops I fell ashemed thx to Dude and Tom for the help

#18 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

Don't feel ashamed, it took me 10 minutes to figure that one out. :D I ended up trying to find a flashlight in Simone's "undergarments" LOL , but to no avail.
Spoilers

For those of you who haven't figured it out, open up the blinds on the window.
This sequel was a gem. I loved the reality shifts and flashbacks. They were great.
Spoiler for 7DaS, so don't look if you haven't finished it.

And has anyone else but me realized that the idol was destroyed in 7DaS? That furthers you know. I smell another sequel LOL[

IPB Image

#19 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Hopefully there is a sequel at least to wrap up some of the issues the demand is there so hopefully so.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#20 morcego

morcego

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:49 AM

This is my first Yahtzee's game, so I really can't compare to others.
The story is very nice and well written. I had a little trouble getting the game to run but, then again, I'm using Cedega. I was not able to get the setup tool to save the configuration, but thankfuly the config file is plain text and I could set it up manually (hint: to get it to run on cedega, set windowed=1).

One thing I didn't like was the fact you can only restore games using the same resolution. That is something that definitively need improvement.

Anyway, nice story, moderate to low difficulty. The text input interface takes a little getting used to, but once you get past the first 10 minutes, it won't botter you.

All told, one of the best games I have played lately.

#21 Icewolf

Icewolf

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:39 AM

Haven't played it yet but I'm going to in the most nearest future.

Wondering: Is it coincidence that this tall guy looks like 1213?
Are you the guys on the beach who hate everything...? Eww....
Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.

#22 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

Nice game I can feel a little bit of Silent Hill when there is the change beetween the normal dimension and the evil one I really miss the mouse here  but I'm happy he made a sequel of my fevourite free game :D

#23 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

Yes RyGuy, we should indeed expect another sequel, and we could guess the time it will be set in. And we could as well suspect that Yahtzee has made this game with that final? sequel in mind, because of one of the final scenes, the one featuring the acolytes in robes.

By the way, I think nobody has mentioned it, but this game has already been thoroughly discussed here, click this before asking for spoilers. And everybody should definitely play 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic before playing this. People should do it even before this one was out...

I loved the game. Personally I'm for parsers instead of point-and-click. In a point-and-click adventure game the interface's telling you from the start which objects may be relevant and which ones are just part of the background. Same goes for conversations, with a parser you've got to think by yourself what to ask, with point-and-click you choose from limited options and it's always about automatically exhausting a set of choices you're already given. I disliked 5DS's interface, although it was a great game. 7DS's, now that was a good point-and-click interface.

The puzzles in TN made sense, I guess this is a pretty easy adventure game. There was a couple of them in 7DS, towards the ending, which showed hasty development, but here you can solve everything on your own through sensible thinking.

Plus graphics are hugely better drawn in TN than in 5DS and 7DS, even if with the same resolution. That makes the game look so much better.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#24 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:59 PM

Um, I didn't finish 7DaS yet, and that was a really big spoiler, thanks.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#25 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

ok I take the pills anyone know what to do next? :D

#26 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

Sorry BP. :D I'd edit it out but since the original RG's post remains...

MOW,

The first time that you take a pill reailty shifts instantly. After that, every time you need to shift back --if you need to-- "take pill" and then exit the room (screen) you're in, by the time you reach the next one you'll have already shifted.

Wasn't that you were asking about? Then please be more specific.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#27 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:38 AM

wow! that was one of the greatest games I've ever played! the atnosphere is great, so was the writing, and I can't even imagine how much work went into the parser, seeng how most objects respond to a large veriety of names you might think of.
it is now 3:29 AM (I don't regret it. yet anyway) so I'm going off to bed. but there is one final pice of knowlege I mmust leave:
I've found the scene at the stump to be most difficult.

spoilers said:

uncover one line at a time.
what does Lenkman say can (or rather he's sure won't) stop the ritual?
yups. Trilby has to die!
can't seem to die? try exausting yourself.
try to move. then talk with Lenkmann until you no longer can. and when the Tall Man appears, "die".

G'night everyone.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#28 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:33 AM

The Tall Man isn't CHZO. Cadabath is the Tall Man. CHZO is what Cadabath tried to summon.
P.S. - I edited my post so you won't see that unless you look, sorry Blood-Piggy.
IPB Image

#29 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:01 PM

View PostRyGuy, on Jul 6 2006, 02:33 AM, said:

The Tall Man isn't CHZO. Cadabath is the Tall Man. CHZO is what Cadabath tried to summon.

he's both actualy. But the way I see it he is much more Chzo than he is Cadabath, in fact at this point he's probably as much a tree as he is Cadabath
Nontheless I edited the post to your liking.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#30 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

Finally I finish it what a effor find the walktrou...ehm I mean the answer to all those puzzle :P (joke offcourse).Nice game anyway but I want to say without any spoiler  that only a sequel can answer to all your question.Hoping that if there is a sequel(well without any doubts) Yahzee will look for a point and click interface for me is the best

Reply to this topic