20 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:47 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 LCJr

LCJr

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:36 PM

Spawning Workaround:  I found this suggestion on the forum and it does alleviate the spawn collisions but makes avoiding almost all combat a little too easy IMHO.  So if the collisions start getting to you open your Vegastrike.config, Notepad works fine, and find the "Physics" section and edit the line:

<var name="warpMultiplierMin" value="1"/> Change the value to 10.  This keeps the SPEC multiplier from dropping below 10 so you'll move faster and ships will spawn behind you.

For a little more balance you can edit this line:

<var name="warprampuptime" value="10"/> <!-- in seconds --> Change value to 30.  This is the number of seconds it takes for your SPEC drive to come up to speed.

Check this thread for some other alternate SPEC values and if you feel like help with improving the SPEC.  http://vegastrike.so...opic.php?t=3449

Also be sure to download the "generic_cargo_datapatch" or the cargopods from destroyed ships won't have textures.

#3 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

Looks a bit Freelancer-esque and to be honest, I'd rather play that if I'm gonna play any space-based games.

#4 LCJr

LCJr

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:19 PM

Actually Vega Strike predates Freelancer by a few years.  http://sourceforge.n...?group_id=19507     For a full release history.  

And since VS is based heavily on Privateer and one of the main people, Chris Roberts,  from the WC series did Freelancer there probably are quite a few similarities.

#5 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:00 PM

Ah I suppose so. That man has made many, many fine games.

I even liked Starlancer. It actually had a good plot :)

#6 Triton

Triton

Daily Denizen

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

Edit: oh forget it.  I was disconnected, and I couldn't resume downloading.

Does this game come compressed?

#7 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

Looks to be an .exe for the Windows version, so I'd imagine it's a self-extractor and therefore compressed - it'd be daft for them not to!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#8 punch999

punch999

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:52 AM

If graphics could kill.

#9 DeathLord

DeathLord

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:25 PM

:) Does any body know of any good free ras dialers so the then i can download this game with out it screwing up. and this is a single and multiplayer game right because I have dial up so it would be impossible to do multiplayer on it.  ;)

thanks

#10 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

DeathLord, on Aug 28 2005, 07:25 PM, said:

:) Does any body know of any good free ras dialers so the then i can download this game with out it screwing up. and this is a single and multiplayer game right because I have dial up so it would be impossible to do multiplayer on it.  ;)

thanks
What's a "ras"?

#11 DeathLord

DeathLord

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

a ras dialer is a program that keeps you connected and such and if you have been disconnected it well reconnect you to the same port or same connection speed. And if you are downloading large files such as vega strike and you have to stop in between you can get the ras dialer to reconnect you to the same connection speed and such and continue downloading from where it had left off. Could some one answer my second question please?

#12 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

yeh it's single player too man  :)

#13 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

Tried this game a few days ago, but didn't get far. I'm on an azerty keyboard, which's standard 'round here and half of the buttons in the online tutorial are qwerty-specific. For some reason, neither the key at the position the qwerty-key'd be, nor where it's been placed on my keyboard does what it should do, so basically... I can't do half of the essential commands :)

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

I know this is off topic but couldn't ya just use a download manager program like getright, to just resume and stop the download, that's what I did back when I had dial up to avoid problems of disconnection and whatnot.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#15 DeathLord

DeathLord

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

ya but with getright you have to pay and i am too cheap to pay for things that I could get for free and work if not close but just as well.

Reply to this topic