Trilby's Notes

41 replies to this topic

#1 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:48 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#2 Adventure_freak93

Adventure_freak93

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

This game is hard! too hard if ye ask me!  :D  
could someone tell me at least a hint about how ta turn on the lights on in the room?
please

#3 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

hint said:

You can't - it's broken. However, you can investigate the room by feeling around. Maybe you'll find a light source of a more natural sort.

..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#4 destron

destron

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

w00! this looks creepy! ima go d/l it here... and that wraith dude looks creepy as ever...w00t w00t

#5 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

This looks really good, and I love Yahtzee's games. Iäm going to download it sometime and give it a shot.

#6 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

I've just finished plqying this game today and I must say it's the best game in the series. Even though someone who has played the previous installment knows the events featured in Trilby's Notes are of -eventually- little importance, it does give the entire story much more depth than before.

That said I am still not pleased with the shift to a parser-based interface as it added very little to the game experience, overall (safe for he last scene, of coarse).

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

I totally agree that this one is the best of the series. Really was a great job all around especially the flashbacks which were really well done, the shift to the parser interface at first didn't like but as I played the game and realized it really is being told from trilby's writings it actually made sense this style change and actually thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 destron

destron

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

soo... is there a walkthru for this game? i did a google search and couldn't find anything... maybe i'll just have to keep asking for spoilies.

#9 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

Mmmhum, I don't like this one as much, the puzzle are even more nonsensical than the other games in the series, the parser isn't fully developed, and some of the audio is just plain annoying.
The story is well written, and some parts of the game make sense (puzzle-wise) but to me this just felt like a chore.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:17 AM

@destron- Check the ags forums under hints and tips sometimes walkthroughs for games especially newer ones get posted by users over there.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#11 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:27 AM

I liked Trilby's Notes much, too. I think one of the best games of Yahtzee (though I liked 5DAS more).

At first; I wasn't satisfied with the text parser, as I was too used to the cursor-based interface. But it didn't take me long to adapt to the new control system. I can even say it helps the game atmosphere.

But I think the game would be perfect if the nightmare scenes -and usage of pills and cola- were not so frequent. It reminds the players that this is just a game. If I were Yahtzee, I would make the transition of the dark side only in some special moments (like I did in LitN.)

#12 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

Hi guys I'm new here but I wonder if somebody can help me here I'm at Simone's appartment what I have to do here I write feel and he said that there is something on the floor anybody have some tips to how to do it?I loved the other two games by Yahtzee but I agree with Gord10 don't know why he decide to use this kind of interface when there is  our old friend mouse I hate to type and I found very boring especially for people that aren't english.I have to play with vocabolary...anyway good game :D  I hope to see more horror games out there

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:08 PM

Spoilers

Try looking at the body to further proceed.

#14 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:16 PM

In anypart of the screen or you have to stay in a certain area for example near the window I type look but it doesn't work

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:19 PM

I didn't just say look, look at it again and try it again. :D

Reply to this topic