151 replies to this topic

#1 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#2 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Great game. But I never knew how to pass the electric fence in the beginnig. I just ran into til I came through it... ridiculous. Think thatīs because of the controls, isnīt it?

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

:angel: Whoa! Somebody took a LOT of time to take screenshots.;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:13 AM

I lost interest in this game after two days. Don't know why, it has all the characteristics of a classic, yet didn't appeal to me. I keep comparing it with Another World, which I loved when I was a kid. Today I'm afraid to play it. It might ruin the magic...

#5 hfric

hfric

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

Has someone a walkthrough becoz i am stuck , got the gun inserted that shiny thing in the wall seen that wall with the stone ring and now what ? :angel:
user posted image

#6 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Think you have to go one screen left. Ther must have been a tunnel or something like that. Just press up in front of it. And then youīll have the next obstacle...
In fact I mastered this obstacle but didnīt play the game any further...
Think Iīve got the same problem as MdaG  :angel:

#7 hfric

hfric

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

found out that this is a conversion from amiga cd and they have included the walkthrough in the instruction of this game so , my req is {i know its not the section for this} this manual - if some one know a link to it or other site that has the tips it would be great {found some site but they walkthrough is writen in giberish to me }
user posted image

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

The official site has a walkthrough page, though it says "Coming soon" - quite what they mean by that is anyone's guess.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:39 PM

Gotta love coming soon, guess it's being worked on question is though how much work is actually going into it, let's hope it's a quality one not a bare bones type.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#10 hfric

hfric

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

well coming soon well thats a date its sounds more better then when its done
user posted image

#11 Half

Half

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

I,m stuck too... but at a more patethic area.
How do I go pass the huge gapp with the water below?

#12 SupSuper

SupSuper

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Oct 20 2005, 11:37 PM, said:

:P Whoa! Somebody took a LOT of time to take screenshots.:P
I sent in 80 screenshots :P

DonCorleone said:

Great game. But I never knew how to pass the electric fence in the beginnig. I just ran into til I came through it... ridiculous. Think thatīs because of the controls, isnīt it?
Actually that is the only to get past it, wait for the "ship" to zap you through it :P

hfric said:

found out that this is a conversion from amiga cd and they have included the walkthrough in the instruction of this game so , my req is {i know its not the section for this} this manual - if some one know a link to it or other site that has the tips it would be great {found some site but they walkthrough is writen in giberish to me }
I believe the walkthrough in the Amiga version only covered the first parts. There's no walkthrough to be found on the PC version, and I never found any in the web :(

Half said:

I,m stuck too... but at a more patethic area.
How do I go pass the huge gapp with the water below?
Could you be more specific? Maybe post a screenshot of that area?

If anyone wants to try helping me, I'm lost in the city. Can't find where should I go to continue. At one point I run into a code panel - http://www.reloaded....100_24thumb.png - but don't know what code to put. Later on there's another code panel for a big door, but it doesn't work :P
This was brought to you by SupSuper aka Daniel Albano

#13 Greymouse

Greymouse

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:51 PM

Good game, but tough, puzzles don't seem to be very intuitive to me, most of the time.

Gonna answer some questions that I think I know, so if you don't want spoilers... don't read em.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

Junkyard:

The electric fence/log thing is really stupid.  To get past it (at leas this is how I did it) is you have to be moving forwards slow enough, and get zapped by the light to blow you past it.  Lame, but I couldn't jump or roll under it.  Continue running, you'll see another ship.  Stop/slow there, and get the ship to zap it, it'll blow a hole thru it for you to go thru.  If you run past this stage too fast, you fall down the cliff and into the water and die.

Cavern Stage1:

When you fall below, grab the key thingy, this turns on the power for a hall later, which you need.  Things get fun here.  Don't go left, its another cliff.  Head right, first thing you'll run into are vines that try to choke you.  get close, crouch, and time it to roll under them.  After that, the next screen is a black cave, don't go in yet, otw, instagib.  Next screen is a panel where you insert the key.  Don't go into the red gooey vines, they gib you too, :P.  Ok, back a screen, the dark tunnel is lit up.  (Side note here, if you see black patches, most of the time, its a up direction you can go, so its another route.)  Ok, next screen.  You'll see the monster that would gib you now, and there's a corpse.  He'll still gib you.  Get close to get the birds to fly up, and he'll eat the biggest one.  You only have one try at this, so if you time it wrong, you have to reload the screen.  Basically, you have to roll under him as he gibs the bird.  If you're slow, you'll get gibbed.  Anyways, next screen over, and up again, then over one.  There is a room with a half eaten skeleton.  The blood is poisonous, so you have to dodge those too, the roll thing seems to work best here.  Next room over you'll see the gun!  Its held by a goo'd guy, and the spider that did said goo-ing.  Run to the gun, jump up, knock it loose, grab gun.  Spider will be coming after you the whole time, but he's slow, and once you leave the screen, he goes home.  Remember the red goo vines where you put the key?  Go back there.  Run thru the vines, after using the gun shield (Alt) and the next scene has a pattern on the wall.  Remember it.  Its the keylock.  Backtrack again, go to the spider room, press up here.  Ok, crappy part here.  Due to the controls, its really a pain in the ***, so I suggest saving here.  Ok, shoot the wall, you'll hear rumbling.  You have to go back to the web room asap, otw you get squashed.  Then go back in the room, and you'll see it's filled the gap.  Next screen, tiny gap, kinda hard to see, but also the panel and a door/wall.  Jump the gap.  Remember the pattern code?  Put it in.  I can't tell you a certain order, as I just fumbled with it till I got it to work.  Then you'll be in stage 2.

Cavern Stage2:

If I haven't mentioned.... save alot.  Pretty much on every screen, you can die.  So, if you don't wanna have to do alot of crap over and over...save... alot. *laugh*

Anyways, this is short, as this is where I'm stuck.  One screen over from coming in, is an obvious baddie.  Problem is, getting past him.  Looks like you can run and jump over him, but he's pretty much a bouncing betty, and frags you when you get close.  Trick is to get close enough to set him off, but not close enough to touch him.  This is where it gets stupid.  If you even touch him, you die, even tho you're nowhere near the spikes.  Trick is to get him to trigger, but once his spikes are up, to shoot them.  He dies.  Simple enough.  3 screens over (I think, might be 2) you run into a tenticle thing.  Two screens back, there are a buncha plants.  One of the plants is actually an animal.  You on the left side of it, and shoot, and it scares it.  Repeat the process till he gets under the tenticles, then blow him up underneath it.  It kills the tenticle thingy.

I'm going to stop here, I've gotten a bit past this, actually quite a bit more, but I'm getting really frustrated.  There is no more "life" per se that I've found, so I've pretty much gotten to a point where I have next to no health, and its gotten insane with regards to getting past traps and enemies at the same time.  Really damn irritating.  If folks have more questions, I'll answer up to where I've gotten.

Mouse

#14 hfric

hfric

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/spide/OnEscapee.html

here i post this link with the walkthrough :P , it not that great like the walkthrough of Greymouse :ok:  but it covers the hole game  :P but has some bugs in it  :P  

Hfric  :(

Ps.
warm greatings from Mister Silient Ninja  :P and Mister Viking  :P

LOL
user posted image

#15 rockhoppa

rockhoppa

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:15 PM

I'm currently stuck on the part where you get to the elevator and you have to enter a code on the red and yellow button panel. There doesn't appear to be a noticeable pattern either, as pushing the correct buttons seems largely a matter of chance.

I get a hardy chuckle out of the death scene where the guy falls down the elevator shaft though.

"......aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"...........*WHOMP!!!*    :P

Reply to this topic