348 replies to this topic

#16 j'ordos

j'ordos

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

Hmm, according to the review you can have up to 3 magic realms, which character combination is that then? Most I ever saw is 2...

#17 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:53 PM

That may have been me fudging my bets to make sure I covered them all - if anyone can confirm that it's 2 then I'll be happy to change it. Do Mages only get one secondary?
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#18 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:05 AM

Hmmm maybe highers. To be honest, mages are absolutely crap-as, especially if they are elves. Seriously, you will dies within a single blow. And that would never do.

Hint for everyone : Don't be a vampire, you will only ever see one square apart from your own, due to you crappy darklight.

Be a High-elven warrior and carry a lantern. They're pretty good.

#19 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Beastman Chaos Warriors are the most fun - you never know what's going to happen when you level up. Mages and other magic users are definitely harder to play. High mages only get one realm of magic, but they're extremely good at it - they're even more of a challenge!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#20 j'ordos

j'ordos

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

yeah, mages get one secondary sphere, as do priests. Hmm, perhaps if you regard the mindflayer powers as a sphere, a mindflayer mage or priest can have 3 spheres :) (although in that case there are a total of 8 spheres not 7 ;) )

I usually play mage or priest, it gets really hard below though, I simply don't have the spell points to kill off big groups, and once they reach you, you're pretty much dead meat as a mage ;)

PrejudiceSucks: as a vampire, first thing you'll want is an item of light resistance, or better yet, immunity ;)

#21 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:40 AM

I know that, but still...

Yeah, beastman chaos warriors are great fun to play as. They're really, really strange. Sometimes you get great stuff, others you get attacked by not one, but TWO hordes of monsters, simply because the chaos gods found it funny to do so.

#22 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

I once ended up with a Yeek Chaos Warrior after my Beastman got polymorphed. That was slightly bizarre.

You can get mutations cured for 5000GP at the Chaos Tower, but they're randonly chosen so it gets rid of good ones as often as not :)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#23 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:50 PM

there is also an alot newer version of Zangband

http://www.zangband.org/

but lots of people say they like the TK version more.
just thought id let you know

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#24 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

I can confirm the funness of Beastman Chaos Warriors.  I had goat's feet and glowing green eyes and grew wings! :)
IPB Image

#25 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

My current character has been teleporting randomly, making strange noises, grew a beak, was very ugly, grew wings, had very limber limbs and could emit blinding, confusing radiation. I cured most of them though trying to get rid of the negative ones (I *think* you get a much better chance of removing bad ones and not failing if you're a Chaos Warrior or possibly otherwise aligned with Chaos). Currently my brain is a living computer (+4INT/WIS, baby. Fairly useless for a Warrior though :) )
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#26 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

Yeeks are absolutely crap. Amberites are OK, but you hardly get any XP.

Halflings are good, so are vampires and beastmen.

I like monks as a character although warriors are good to. Especially chaos ones...

#27 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:13 AM

Wooo! I'm about to beat my previous record of clvl 30 (the aforementioned comedy Yeek Chaos Warrior) with my Beastman warrior, and have broken my previous depth record by getting to level 24. I had rather a scary moment on level 22; "You nearly faint as visions of death fill your mind," so instead of running away I carried on exploring, only to encounter a monster usually found no less than 10 levels deeper (!) Luckily it was memory moss rather than anything that was likely to kill me, but it was still very very annoying. Then the next level I go down to is guarded by 7 Ring Mimics, who I've only just managed to get rid of. They kept summoning things like Phantom Beasts ;)

On the other hand, I have found The Incandescent Light of Edison (Knocks the Phial of Galadriel into a cocked hat), 2 Trump weapons and a Chaotic sword in the meantime, so I don't mind too much :)

EDIT: And now I've been killed by a bunch of Dark Elven Warlocks with their nasty mana bolts. Why oh why didn't I teleport when I had the chance? Aaaargh! Damn frustrating game. I might have to play a slightly more interesting character this time though...
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#28 Macalicious

Macalicious

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:08 AM

I'm having a litle trouble with my Chaoswarrior right now.  I've got a mutation that lets me breathe fire and gives me the midas touch but I can't figure out how to use them.  I've combed the help texts for the game for at least ten minutes looking for too!  Could someone please help me out here?

#29 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

if i remember correctly its use racial powers: "U"

if it isnt U than look for the racial powers key in the help file... i could be wrong i havnt played for a very long time

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#30 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

There's an incomplete list of controls on the previous page of this. U activates an inherent power (due to race, class or mutations) then gives you a choice of which one to use in the Choice window. I'm not sure how the Midas touch works, having never had that power myself - if you press C and look at the Mutations tab there should be a more detailed explanation of what it does.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic