13 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:51 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:46 AM

Hmm, is it really this bad? Anyway, the reviewer seemed to dwell on the heroine's promiscuity quite a bit, so is it really "safe for all ages"?:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:01 AM

It sure looks good. It reminds me of Final Fantasy 6.

#4 BlackFurredBeast

BlackFurredBeast

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:46 PM

And the most important question of all:

Why upload/review/spend space & time with it IF it is so bad? Doesn't life offer enough GOOD games? So why bother with the bad ones?

Oh well, it can't be worse than Knights Of Xentar, so what :-)
Aw crap, I'm bloggified!
http://bfbeast666.blogy.de (in German)

#5 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

I've played all three in this series, first because it needed screenshots, but then because I was enjoying playing it too much. I'd've given it a 4.2, and'd put as positive points:
Finally an RPG that doesn't take itself serious
The humour
Fair rate of random battles

Negative points:
Bit lacking on graphics ------> This's actually mocked throughout the game, too
Not many places to explore  -------> Is forgivable, as it's a tiny team (if a team already)

That said, I think Triton didn't give what the game deserves in the review, rating and pros/cons. It's definitely a great game, especially if you want to get a smile on your face (or a grin, more likely)

Edit: For the record, the jokes're not 'bout the heroine's promiscuity. I've only seen a few of those, compared to the others. And there're no scenes like in Knights of Xentar. 't Mainly's just jokes, and even those that're so bad they're awesome (like how many dwarves it takes to screw in a lightbulb :P ) 't Mainly's just a party-animal heroine that doesn't think too much of anything else but that, and that's where the jokes come from. That, or mocking the game maker's disabilities (like lack of graphical talent, although the battle pics're pretty damn great), and mocking the genre. Just check the screenshots. I've put some dialogs in there that show this :P

#6 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:00 AM

Wonder what's so wrong with the graphics? Anyhow, I'm surprisingly giving this a chance, though I don't usually like the genre.
...70 years... LOL

#7 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:11 AM

Actually, I'm beginning to think that what's wrong with this game is that it was reviewed by somebody who'd rather have been playing something else - like a nice strategy game or something like that...:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#8 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:27 AM

Possibly. Don't know. The game is still somewhat funny, but I still hate the genre. Back to strategy games! :P
...70 years... LOL

#9 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:16 PM

I think that Triton really just wanted to give the impression that he wasn't a total arsehole. Anyway, it seems he's injected a bit of old victorian moral fibre into the review.

Yes it's crude, but that's the way it is. In most games the characters speak very rarely at all and most of them are super-macho American heroes. I'd rather have crudeness than that myself.

#10 Paul_G

Paul_G

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:35 AM

(this reviewer thought women were supposed to pretend that they weren't promiscuous and instead try to have an air of innocence about them).

Did I stumble on the Jerry Falwell christian fundamentalist games network here? WTH?

I'll probably hate this game because I don't like FF, but anything that creates that kind of moral indignation must be worth a look.  :blink:

#11 wardrich

wardrich

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:42 AM

hmm, how can "obnixous jokes" be a negative point?  :huh:

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:50 AM

Not everyone is a fan of obnoxious jokes obviously. :huh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:32 AM

Sorry to revived a so late topic, if my question is not answer, it's not bad.
Why, when i begin a new adventure in chapter two, i can't take my save from chapter 1?
If i do that, i have the same team, with my gear and level but with some items "glitch".
All the time i play with my levels, gears, items and spells i gain from the first chapter is "almost" lost and i go to level 25, with poor gear and loose the gear i get from the guys boy and the intel booster. I've lost a master sword and a tiara, why?

#14 Russell

Russell

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostMdaG, on 30 October 2005 - 08:01 AM, said:

It sure looks good. It reminds me of Fiinal Fantasy 6.

Funny... my thoughts exactly!
I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy and back then graphics didn't mind me at all :D

Edited by Russell, 14 November 2016 - 05:59 PM.

Reply to this topic