8 replies to this topic

#1 GG_Mike

GG_Mike

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:56 PM

Information taken from http://www.spaceruckus.com.

Introduction:

Space Ruckus is a volunteer project, which consists of several talented individuals from around the world. When complete, Space Ruckus will feature an imaginative storyline, dozens of landscapes, hundreds of unique characters, and billions of stars. Together, these elements will draw the gamer into a remarkable gaming experience.

A release date is not currently set, but we are working at a steady pace, and promise to bring you the best possible product. If you are interested in a position, please refer to the openings on the team page.

Story Synopsis:

In a distant star system, an alien force is rising, which poses an insurmountable threat to the galaxy. Knowledge of their existence is not wide spread, but that is about to change. While conducting a routine mission in deep space, Commander Gunner is abducted, while his team is left to die. In the wake of such unforeseen events, who will take charge? In the midst of chaos, one man rises, and his name is Bill Grig. He is only a rookie, but using his vast skills and a secret weapon, he must send the aliens packing.

#2 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

't Sounds great :P Can't wait to see it finished

#3 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, it does sound great. Thanks for telling us about it, not to mention the exclusive models. I see that you label the game an action/adventure on your site. Can I ask how big a role the storytelling will play in the game, compared to the action element? I only ask because I'm a great fan of storydriven games.

Anyway, looking great. Don't forget that when you're finished (whenever that may be) you can get a producer account on this site, which should help you advertise the game a bit. :P
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:28 PM

Looks good and interesting, can't wait to see when it is finished. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 GG_Mike

GG_Mike

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:43 PM

Flop, on Oct 25 2005, 10:26 PM, said:

I see that you label the game an action/adventure on your site. Can I ask how big a role the storytelling will play in the game, compared to the action element?
The elements of action and adventure are split down the middle. There will be a hub world where adventure elements take place, and several action elements within, but the bulk of those will take the shape of space battles. In addition to action/adventure, there will be a bit of role-playing involved, as well.

#6 meelWORM

meelWORM

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:14 AM

Hello, I am the Assistant Designer on this project.  As Mike said, the action sequences are mainly space battles, so I would say that the game is very heavy in adventure elements.  Storytelling will play a major role as well, we already have a script written that has gone through several phases, and is very polished.

Glad to hear you guys like the sound of it.  As Mike stated, we are still searching for developers for various positions, so please check out our team page.  If you are not interested joining the team, but would still like to give input on the project, please check out our forum.  Thanks.

#7 Vera

Vera

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

I'm really loving those models, so I just had to register and say hello. This project looks very promising. I've been interesting in making a space-themed game, myself, but sadly I lack programming skills. If you guys have a place for an artist on your team, please don't hesitate to contact me. Cheers.

#8 GG_Mike

GG_Mike

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:16 AM

Vera, we could certainly use another skilled artist on our team. If you could send a few samples, that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

#9 GG_Mike

GG_Mike

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

A few new items have recently emerged on the Space Ruckus web site.

Sample Material:

Development Center Preview
n/a

G-Flyer (Front/Rear)
by Gordon Wallace

Poster #1
by Akril Starr/meelWORM/Mike Haley

Poster #2
Jovani Torrentez

Soundtrack Sample #1
by Vlad Kuryluk

Space Heroes
by Aubrey G. Young

If anyone is interested in joining the team, please refer to our team page. For your convenience, we've also launched an online contact form.