34 replies to this topic

#16 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, indeed. They shot a guy that might have been a bit suspect 5 times in the face.

He wasn't even linked to the bombings 2 days ago.

#17 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:17 PM

Yikes 5 times huh, hmm guess they aren't taking any chances at all with this, which is good, but still I wondered what happened if the suspect didn't comply or anything or did they just shoot him.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#18 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:25 PM

one down...six  bilions to go....

#19 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:25 PM

From what I heard it looks as if it was the latter. But then again, those policemen can hardly have been prepared for that sort of situation. Still, shooting that poor bugger five times seems a bit much...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#20 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

Yeah indeed 5 times is kinda excessive but I agree hard to deal with that sort of situation especially if in fact he was armed, only so much time to react.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#21 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:40 PM

I heard at least one eyewitness on the radio saying the guy had something on him with wires on it, and he was wearing bulky clothing in july and had refused to comply with the police beforehand - if you were sitting on top of a man who was probably carrying a bomb you'd want to make sure he was dead and therefore couldn't trigger it; it's hard to imagine what you'd do in that situation and we don't have all the facts - I think it's far too early to be passing any kind of judgement on anyone involved.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#22 Microprose Veteran

Microprose Veteran

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:26 AM

It's what paranoid freaks like me would call a 'Psy-Ops.'

We are being made to get used to scenes like this. In a few weeks or months, or next year, perhaps we'll say "Nothing happened today. Apart from some bloke getting shot dead by police."

Have a look at how law enforcement in America goes about its job in High Schools.  :)

#23 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:56 AM

That's exactly what I said about some other stuff, don't start using my words for things that they're not.

I don't think that this is Psy-Ops because to be honest, it's not really for a purpose at all. It's just a police shooting.

#24 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:23 AM

I agree. A couple of policemen panicking and shooting somebody who they thought was carrying a bomb does not make England a police state. But it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the police force's ability to handle the situation either, does it? Let's hope he really was carrying a bomb, though, otherwise the whole thing might cause even more trouble.

#25 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, I would have thought that noawadays plain-clothes officers would have tasers too...

Maybe I'm an optimist though.

#26 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

Yeah indeed if in fact it looked like the guy had a bomb with the wires and such it was a right move, if not and they just opened fire, then that is an issue.

#27 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

Surely you'd want to take someone in though, not just shoot them in the face.

#28 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:43 PM

I suppose somebody's eventually going to blame that on the policemen's having played too many violent videogames during their youth...:)

#29 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

eh doubt that, probably if it was some youth who took the shot let's say then that would happen.

#30 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

Well, somebody who played Doom as a teenager may well be thirty now. Long-term effects, you know... :)