#1 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:21 PM

http://www.freeciv.org

This is a great civilization clone, it was even greater back in times when Civ2 wasn't abandonware, but it's till great!

Also another question, about linux ports, will they also be on the site?
I heard they made Quake,Duke3D for linux, so I'm asking...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#2 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

This game will probably be reviewed at some point since (in the beta-version of the mainsite) there was an announcement for the release of freeciv 2.0

Personally the single player game is rather weak (from the moment you start you need to churn out settlers and build a city every two squares just to make sure an enemy doesn't build an empire in the heart of your own continent. Then again Civilization isn't really a singleplayer game.

#3 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

It's not beta anyomre - check the last  stable version -  2.01
Also I must admit I haven't got time to check the new version, so I'm not sure what are the improvements, because in the 1.14 vesion there wasn't even diplomacy with AI, so it SP sucked, but multiplayer games gave me much joy!

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

Tulac, on May 8 2005, 07:58 PM, said:

It's not beta anyomre - check the last  stable version -  2.01
Cool!

I wonder if they used my pixelated corn icon :)

(Actually, I only edited it for them, but hey... )

Yo!

#5 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

*bump*

I have started preparing this game for a future update :)

Yo!

#6 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

Cool :)

Be sure to check out the multiplayer!

Reply to this topic