60 replies to this topic

#31 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

I'd say Sidle is more useful than Gecko Hold, I got it fairly recently (after having finished the game) and I've barely used it (though that's probably becuase I'm fairly set in my playstyle by now, I'm sure it'll enter into my playing after a while.  I'd have found Heists 6 and 7 (especially 6) nearly impossible without Sidle, since it allows passage past obstacles such as the blinking horizontal lazer that are really hard otherwise.

Apart from that, very good list :P
IPB Image

#32 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

We can siddle behind the horizontal lasers in the XL mission?

Damnit!  :P
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#33 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

View PostEagle of Fire, on Dec 10 2007, 06:51 PM, said:

We can siddle behind the horizontal lasers in the XL mission?

Damnit!  :P

Yes, it took me a long while and an accidental discovery to find that one.
IPB Image

#34 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

I think the most useful skills are essentially roll, lockpick level 3, siddle, sugar rush, and reasonable doubt, again as mentioned gecko hold is not that great, especially if your aiming for a trilby ranking. I mention sugar rush, as it can get you out of a few jams especially in parts where there is the whole blinking laser phenomenon in the lab mission, activate that and it'll make it a lot faster to get through that sticky situation, its not the most essential skill to have and really its a matter of preference, but it has got me out of a bunch of jams at times.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#35 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:11 PM

Yes, it took me a long while and an accidental discovery to find that one.
Well, I can probably do the 7 in 1 mission easily now... LOL

EXTRAS

Trilby is nothing if not well-dressed, and there are a total of SIX bonus costumes to be unlocked. The criteria required to unlock them is something you'll have to figure out for yourself. Some outfits give special advantages. Some give disadvantages, if you feel like challenging yourself with a higher difficulty.

There just might be a little secret to be found by playing a certain heist with a certain costume.
Anybody knows which mission with which costume? I took the gecko hold versus the hide in shadow skill especially since it would allow me to get past some guards in full light even if I'm wearing the pink costume.

But the way I'm understanding things now, maybe it's just harder than to take the hide in shadow skill since having the pink costume and hide in shadow just cancel eachother and you can play just like with the normal costume...

Edit: I've just noticed that I had 4400 something RP left, probably after completing the 7 in 1 mission with a A rating. I was able to purchase hide in shadow, and now nobody can see me even in full light when I'm wearing the stealth suit. :P

All I'd have to worry about now are alarms from electric boxes and lasers, and I'd get a hat rating for the very last mission.

#36 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:34 PM

"Havell" said:

I'd say Sidle is more useful than Gecko Hold, I got it fairly recently (after having finished the game) and I've barely used it
It's pretty handy for when you need a place to hide and can't run for cover because of lasers.
Hold goes over sidle on the basis that there are no situations where sidle is the only way to avoid detection LOL
Matter of preference obviously, seeing as I never use sidle.  :P

"Eagle of Fire" said:

But the way I'm understanding things now, maybe it's just harder than to take the hide in shadow skill since having the pink costume and hide in shadow just cancel eachother and you can play just like with the normal costume...
I might be wrong, but I think the pink costume raises the light level by 1?
Hide in shadow means you won't have to wall hug in darkness, in that case.
You'll be fully visible in semi-darkness.

#37 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

You'll be fully visible in semi-darkness.
Unless you hug the wall... Just like with the normal costume. :P

#38 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:13 PM

I'm working on the reverse principle of the dark suit LOL
Rather than changing anything about Trilby, it actually alters the light level to 1 lower.
This means that full light is practically semi-light.
Into shadow makes you invisible except in full light, and with the challenge suit semi-light becomes light.
Therefore, visible  :P
That's just theory as far as light suit goes, but it definitely works like that with the dark suit.
I'll check just now  :P

#39 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:36 PM

With the hide in shadows skill and the stealth suit, you can walk in plain light and still remain invisible. I did it a few times now, great way to improve on your time records! :P

#40 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:40 PM

View PostEagle of Fire, on Dec 10 2007, 11:36 PM, said:

With the hide in shadows skill and the stealth suit, you can walk in plain light and still remain invisible. I did it a few times now, great way to improve on your time records! :P

That's my cunning plan to get Trilbys all over the game.  I can barely beleive I spent all that time perfecting runs in order to get Trilby ratings when I could have just waited until I got a bit further in the game and just waltzed through it all LOL
IPB Image

#41 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:09 AM

Well... You do need an averate rating of A for all your seven heists to get the stealth suit... Having a few hat rating sure help for the average. :P

#42 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:08 PM

The Grand No Skills Challenge has fallen on it's arse.  :P
The best I've managed so far is to finish it with only the lockpicking upgrades.
But did he finish it with style, I hear you cry?
An A! Hooray!  LOL

I think it might be possible to go only roll, or (and this would be the HARDCORE! option) only with the bargain hunter skill.  

I checked the light suit with into shadow, and it makes you invisible in darkness and fully visible in semi and light no matter what you do.

#43 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

What skill to buy(I have  641 reputation)?

I have:
-Sidle
-Roll
-Spider hold
-Lock picking level 3
-reasonable doubt

#44 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Roll then Lockingpicking 3.  Essential skills first, always.  They open the door to more loot and place,s thus making it much easier to get RP for other skills.
After those two, I'd advise Reasonsble Doubt.  Either that or Sidle (in case you're impatient to get a new skills, or approaching Heist 6).
IPB Image

#45 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

View PostHavell, on Dec 11 2007, 03:38 PM, said:

Roll then Lockingpicking 3.  Essential skills first, always.  They open the door to more loot and place,s thus making it much easier to get RP for other skills.
After those two, I'd advise Reasonsble Doubt.  Either that or Sidle (in case you're impatient to get a new skills, or approaching Heist 6).
I have those skills already. I'm thinking of getting sugar rush.

Reply to this topic