6 Days A Sacrifice

73 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

I found this game less creepier than the earlier games. Trilby's Notes or 7 Days a sceptic are still the scariest games in the series.

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

I would disagree personally, I think only Trilby's Notes comes close in terms of "fear" factor, this game really did give ya the sense of being isolated and alone at times, and especially in some of the later areas it was emphasized moreso.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

I love how this this got stuck on the front page so fast. :wall:

I've actually never played this series (although I've wanted to)... :ok: However, I believe now would be a good time to start, so what's the recommended order I play them in? Obviously, I should start with 5 Days a Stranger, but then do I go for Trilby's notes, or 7 Days a Skeptic, or what?

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

5 Days A Stranger then 7 Days A Skeptic then Trilby's Notes.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Twerty

Twerty

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

Wow, this game was really really... I don't even know how to explain it, I can't describe it, it's like I'm speechless and my mine is thoughtless >.>

(Spoiler Warning)

Really ... speechless ... how the whole thing was connected. It seems the people that have played this game so far, seem to be dissappointed on how it ended, but I think it was all executed very well. The fact that the whole thing is a paradox was simply bone chilling. I am very satisfied on how this game ended. If anyone is stupid enough to request another one, is insane enough to want an even more twisted and complex (and quite confusing in my opinion) plot. I hope Mr. Croshaw will create even more ingenius games! Just not about this. ._.

#7 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

View PostDeathDude, on Jan 27 2007, 06:41 PM, said:

I would disagree personally, I think only Trilby's Notes comes close in terms of "fear" factor, this game really did give ya the sense of being isolated and alone at times, and especially in some of the later areas it was emphasized moreso.
It seems that we fear different things eh? In this game I found it just a bit creepy, but in trilby's notes, in some parts I found myself unable to play.

Spoiler said:

I found myself actually laughing when you walk around the old house and the trilbies getting killed by the arrogant man. I found it quite comical.
Who else here thinks Mr.Dacabe is superman, after all, he had sex after only like 3 days after falling down an elevator shaft..

#8 NakNak

NakNak

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:30 AM

I thought it was brill. A fitting end to what I think of as the best freeware adventure game series. Great blend of graphics and sound to create a unique atmosphere using a fairly limited engine.

First post, btw, hello.

#9 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

Official Wooooooorms! :ok: (that's welcome in our twisted sense of humour) to both of you, Twerty and NakNak! Hope you enjoy and sorry for possible temporary slowness of the server, it's being fixed. About spoilers, I personally recommend Potatoe's way to hide them in quote in white text. However I didn't edit Twerty's spoiler, because it doesn't seem to reveal too much.
...70 years... LOL

#10 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

View PostNakNak, on Jan 28 2007, 01:30 AM, said:

Great blend of graphics and sound to create a unique atmosphere using a fairly limited engine.
well that is to be expected- Yahtzee is the god of AGS (a lesser god after Chris obviously), he was the author of such games as  "Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment" (a space trading Game, with enphasis on story), and Poseidon 12 (a kind of Life simulator. again in space). So you can be sure if there's something that can possibly be done with AGS, he can do that and make it scary/in space/both. :ok:
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#11 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Jan 28 2007, 02:26 PM, said:

About spoilers, I personally recommend Potatoe's way to hide them in quote in white text.

That would be my edit :ok:

Yo!

#12 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

I'm allso stuck somewhere in day 2

spoilers? said:

I can't get the code for the door, I think it might be in the blank notepad, but I don't have a pencil (or a piece of coal) to find out wht's written there. I have allso found a way to get into the security room, so I know there's something written on that pad.
I have: lens and staple.

Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

View Posta1s, on Jan 28 2007, 05:00 PM, said:

I'm allso stuck somewhere in day 2

spoilers? said:

I can't get the code for the door, I think it might be in the blank notepad, but I don't have a pencil (or a piece of coal) to find out wht's written there. I have allso found a way to get into the security room, so I know there's something written on that pad.
I have: lens and staple.

Spoiler said:

You have to go to the security room, and pick the one in the guy's office, that camera. If you can't figure it out from there. Oh, and you need to release security on level 1. Remember, you can use the lense as a magnifying glass!

#14 NakNak

NakNak

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

View Posta1s, on Jan 28 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

View PostNakNak, on Jan 28 2007, 01:30 AM, said:

Great blend of graphics and sound to create a unique atmosphere using a fairly limited engine.
well that is to be expected- Yahtzee is the god of AGS (a lesser god after Chris obviously), he was the author of such games as  "Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment" (a space trading Game, with enphasis on story), and Poseidon 12 (a kind of Life simulator. again in space). So you can be sure if there's something that can possibly be done with AGS, he can do that and make it scary/in space/both. :ok:

You're quite right. He also made that 1213 game, didn't he? It was a sidescrolling platform/adventure. I remember I paid for the special edition.

Ah here it is: http://www.reloaded....nload/1213/171/
Harsh user rating. It was a pretty frustrating game though.

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Yeah interestingly enough there have been some comparisons about some of the elements in 1213 game being at yahtzee's forum, heck there is a big topic too about all of the events in this game and different theories of some of the events too, that is pretty interesting to read.

Reply to this topic