163 replies to this topic

#31 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

The levels are all labelled at the top, so you can always give us the location to identify them.

That room, more spoilery:

I did it by clearing the room above you at the entrance first, then you can get the roaches who come across from the left before heading straight up, clear the room in the top-right and move up to the corner and go left around the edge of the room until you get the queens. The rest is then just clearing a few roaches (and the eyes, which are easier than roaches in small numbers because you can sneak up on them).

@Tai: The difficulty doesn't always feel linear - it depends on what you're good at really, and the bits which use a new element heavily tend to be easier than the level before.

Level 13 is driving me crazy...
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#32 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:59 PM

Well I finally beat the level had trouble on, found the "Trigger spot" as I call it. Those dang breeding roaches, and just beat twice south on level 2 another annoying one.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#33 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:16 AM

OK, I've finally finished level 3, but I didn't do anything noticeably different from what I had been trying to do all along, really.:(
Those seven gates of whatever were a bit of a pain as well. I mean, they were easy enough to solve on paper, but this is supposed to be a computer game and not a bloody maths problem, right? Oh well.
Level 4 is probably going to pose problems, though. Mimics aren't exactly my forte...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#34 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

Level 8 is teh suck.

I almost went insane in Twice South, Twice East. Thank [insert deity of choice] I never have to do it again.

Twice South, Thrice East was a jewel, too. :(

The worst is that I know basically how to beat these rooms, but those "globbies" are really about the most uncooperative creatures in the game thus far.

I've gotten reeeeeal good at killing globbies and dicing up muck with surgical precision, though. That happens when you have to do the same room over and over a billion times. Sigh.

Stupid muck.

@Raffles: Congrats on getting past level 3 :P As I said, there is a bit of luck in it. The creatures are all supposed to behave in precise ways, and they do, but if you take one turn too many or too few, it can make a difference.

I've done so many rooms now I can't remember which one the seven gate one is :(

The mimics are cool. Those and snakes have been my favorite thus far.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#35 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:34 AM

Well, it's a good game, but all that repetition, just because you made ONE false move does get on your nerves after a while...
The seven gates thingy is this puzzle:

Posted Image

Edited by Tom Henrik, 02 June 2006 - 11:25 AM.

#36 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

Yeah now I'm stuck on the room ya had probs with AJ, hopefully today will get it, no luck last nite.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#37 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:33 PM

One of the screenshots I uploaded is a bit of a hint for that room (well, it gives you what to aim for at least). I'd forgotten how irritating doing things over can be TBH, since I've been playing the commercial version of the game which has a handy Undo button.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#38 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

Well beat that crazy puzzle, definitely time consuming, but glad it's done and just have to beat that crazy 7 wall puzzle again to exit level 3. :(

#39 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Jun 2 2006, 07:28 PM, said:

Well beat that crazy puzzle, definitely time consuming, but glad it's done and just have to beat that crazy 7 wall puzzle again to exit level 3. :(

to save you time said:

If you number the switches from top to bottom: 6, 4, 7, 4, 2, 4, 8, 3, 2, 7 should do the trick. Although there's probably a more elegant solution.:P

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:49 PM

Probably is, but thanks AJ that will help. :(

#41 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:03 PM

My "elegant solution" for that room goes something like this:

Starting at Switch 1, move south and hit all switches down to Switch 8. Starting at Switch 8, move north and hit all switches until all gates are open except Gates 2 & 4 (stop at Switch 2).  Hit Switch 6, then Switch 7. Voila! Very little thinking involved.

(Note: Switch 9 doesn't really do anything but open and close Gate 8, so it doesn't really matter, since Gate 8 should be open by the time you get down to Switch 9. I usually just hit it twice anyway whenever I passed through that room, just for good measure.)

:(
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
doodoodoo!!!

#42 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

But my solution uses fewer turns.:(

#43 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:18 PM

Maybe not if you count the fact you have to keep moving back and forth between switches :(

(I haven't actually counted turns, so not certain).

Besides, mine takes less effort :P
doodoodoo!!!

#44 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

OK, I suppose you win... again....

#45 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

Or we could just say your both right. :( And both help to solve that cursed math like puzzle.

Reply to this topic