Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:35 PM

Apocalypse Now! - airborne assault with Ride of the Valkyries
Mr. & Mrs. Jones - duel in home
Raiders of the Lost Ark - Indy shooting that swordsman after swordsman's showoff
Star Wars ep. II - Anakin going berserk after his mother's death
Talvisota - Martti Hakala's little brother Paavo is blown to pieces in barrage

What about you?
...70 years... LOL

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship  - When the hobbits are hiding underneath a log, and Ring Wraith is trying to find them.  Our first introduction to Strider.

Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers   -  Gollum singing at the Forbidden Pool.  When Borimer is killed by the Urak-Hai.

Lord Of The Rings: Return Of King - Frodo is trying to escape from the caves, and Shelob is chasing him.  When he turns round, Shelob stings him.  Also when Aragorn is crowned king, and reunited with Arwin.

Pirates Of The Carribbean:   Captain Jack Sparrow arriving at the docks - by 'boat'.  :shrug:

Rocky Horror Picture Show - When they sing 'Don't Dream It', and they are all in the pool.

Carrie - THAT scene at the prom, when she is covered in pig's blood, and she makes the place go on fire, and gets revenge on everyone.

An American Werewolf In London - When he is talking to all his victims in the cinema.  

Frankenstein Created Woman - Hans entering the bar, and going to the back room to see poor Christina.  When Christina is forced to serve the 3 upper-class yobs, and they are so nasty to her.  Also, when Hans is hanged, Christina jumps into the river and drowns.

Phantom Of The Opera - When the Phantom leads Christine down into his lair for the first time.  Also wheh she unmasks him.  And don't forget when he comes to the ball dressed as Red Death.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

Oooh, good topic. I'd have to go with the murder early in American History X - just thinking about it makes me shudder. Similarly, the scene in the bathroom at the end of the good part of Full Metal Jacket.
I've got a huge soft spot for a particular shot near the end of American Beauty - the house's red door in the torrential rain with a very slow zoom in, and appearing to almost glow. It's a gorgeous shot that really speaks to  me for some reason. On a lighter note, spliff politics from Human Traffic - spot on, hilarious, overblown and featuring Andrew Lincoln before he stopped bothering to act and just did voiceovers for adverts, which presumably are more lucrative.

EDIT: Nearly forgot A Clockwork Orange - several things, particularly the rape scene and the brainwashing. A similar use of incongrous music really sticks the "Stealers Wheel" scene from Reservoir Dogs in the brain.
Malkovich's trip through his own door in Being John Malkovich. The Smurf discussion and the aftermath sequence (with that Tears for Fears song - again, it seems to be music which does it for me :shrug:) from Donnie Darko. The opening of Mulholland Dr. The sex scene from 8 Mile I thought was remarkably convincing (unlike some of the rest of Eminem's performance, those incredible battles excluded), which might be an unusual choice. Man, there's loads of these :ok:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

In no particular order:

The Trollenberg Terror (aka The Crawling Eye): The final battle against the terrifying, tentacled eyeball.

She Demons: The sudden, and _very_ unexpected appearance of an SS officer in the middle of the jungle on an island just off the coast of the US of A.

Night Of The Living Dead: The ending. It's a damn good ending.

Bad Taste: Pretty much the whole movie, but the exploding sheep is a legend.

Down By Law: The farewell scene at the end. Another totally awesome ending.

Star Wars IV: Darth Vader enters the captured ship.

Alien: Troubled stomack. Nuff said.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Leatherface's "chainsaw ballet" as the girl escapes. Also, Leatherface hitting that bloke with a sledgehammer. OUCH!

Silent Movie: 3 knights in shiny, clanging armour endearing Liza Minelli.

Jabberwocky: Hide and seek tournament.

(at this point, my memory decided to break down)
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#5 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

Introduction of Strider, yeah, good one, but American History X murder... whoa. It really makes one shudder! FMJ's bathroom scene is psychotic. Good ones, definitely! Clockwork Orange on the other hand is too surreal to me.

Edit: Well, I wondering where's PhotO from Frodo's thread! :shrug: Anyways, MM seems to have also replied, didn't notice. Definitely Darth Vader's entrance is worth mentioning!
...70 years... LOL

#6 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

FMJ's murder + suicide scene
Was trying to avoid spoiling them :shrug:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

Shock Em Dead - Haven't seen this for many years (can't seem to buy it anymore   :shrug: ).  But I remember one scene where Angel is playing on stage with the band, and he kicks the old singer offstage.  So Angel has taken over the band.  :ok:.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, Beefy is right. Let's do some editing. :shrug:
...70 years... LOL

#9 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

If there was only going to be one -

28 Days Later, the first 5 minutes, in London. Superb.

Other than that, I'd have to say, in no particular order, as my top five -

- La Haine, the ending of it, which is a very good moment of a very, very good film.

- King Kong, with Anne and King Kong dancing on the ice just before the artillery hits, which is excellently directed (even if most of the film is rubbish).

- Saving Private Ryan, the whole Omaha Beach scene.

- Platoon, the final assault by the NVA.

View PostFrodo, on Jul 15 2007, 04:51 PM, said:

Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers   -  Gollum singing at the Forbidden Pool.  When Borimer is killed by the Urak-Hai.
Boromir gets killed at the end of the first one, no?

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

Wow, I didn't even notice that. And yes, it's in the end of the first one! Ha ha ha ha!
...70 years... LOL

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Um, yes.  Well you see, a slight error....  Hey look behind you - a 3-headed monkey.

*hides with shame*    :shrug:

#12 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

No worries. I'm still trying to figure out the scene where Jaws is trying to lure the kids into the wood shed by throwing a ball out the door, and how the boy managed to fly his BMX with Jaws in the basket. Good to see someone else with symptoms of memory failure.
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#13 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

Like Beef I also saw a lot of memorable scenes in American History X, the most memorable by far for me was the ending, where um, not going to spoil it, but those of you that have seen it know it. or maybe...

When his brother is shot and killed, totally the other way around of what you expected.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#14 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

American Psycho - One murder scene w/ Huey and the news / the axe, Paul's murder.

NOTD - Shovel scene

28 days later - Zombiesss! (in general)

Reservoir Dogs - Tortue scene

Memento - The ending

Pan's Labyrinth - The monster with eyes in his hands

The Shining - "Here's Johnny!"

Sleepy Hollow - When he cuts the tree open

I'l think of more mater, gotta go to Fry's

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

Whoa, how I didn't remember one of greatest scenes ever? Star Wars ep. 5, Cloud City, Darth Vader's speech to Luke, who's pulling away!

Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.

...70 years... LOL