79 replies to this topic

#61 Svlad

Svlad

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

Try Star Magic.  It has Luck Spell, which can render you immune to rune traps..

..but the real power in that school is Star Sight.  7 mp to view a full, scrollable level map that includes traps, monsters, the stairs, etc.  

Star Sight + Portal with a side of Earth Ripple means that you can walk directly to the stairs or the Nexus or whatever else you please, avoiding traps and monsters as the whim takes you by simply walking through walls.  

Druid Magic is overrated.  Open is nice, but if you have Earth Magic you don't *need* it for travel, and you can get a Staff of Opening to deal with those pesky golden chests.. and the things you find in golden chests are nice, but they're a luxury anyhow.

Summon Tiger is impressive, but White Magic offers all sorts of healing goodness, remove curse, and Summon Angel.. and angels are immune to traps and can pick loot up for you.

#62 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:17 AM

anybody check out the highscore lists?

level 1000? :tai: .... give me a break.

and one of them has 21 positive traits.... how the hell do you get 21 positive traits?

seems the online highscore list is pretty much a piece of crap...

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#63 Svlad

Svlad

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:04 PM

Um..

The last time I played it, I stopped.. let's see, check the highscore list for that version.. at level 283..

Because I got bored.  I could have just as easily walked down to level 1000, killing everything on every level on the way down.  I'd already proved my point, so I stopped.  Whoever went down to level 1000 was just more willing to suffer boredom than I was.  

As far as 21 positive traits.. I want evidence.  The top character on the list for the current version has 21 traits, seven of which are disadvantages.  What character on the list has 21 *positive* traits, pray tell?

You need to be more careful when accusing people of cheating, Dakasha.

#64 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

jesus christ i didnt call them Nazis...
and mabye YOU should look through the highscore list...

Number 6:  Mu5hr00m (doesnt the name say it all? :tai:)
*22* Traits... some which cost 2 skill points... no disadvantages...

sorry if i sound like a jerk but dont tell me how to act if i didnt insult you in any way and you didnt even take the time to check.

oh... and either way the highscore list isnt worth jack :unsure:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#65 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

Take it easy, you two :tai:

Yo!

#66 Svlad

Svlad

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

I "didn't take the time to check" because, in my view, if someone makes an outrageous claim it is *their* responsibility to provide evidence.  You made the claim, I asked for your evidence.  I'll point out that you retracted the example you initially provided, whiich tends to validate my suspicion that you had inadvertently forgotten to subtract negative traits.. since the first high score did have 21 traits.

That having been said, yes, #6 on the current high score list is a very blatant hacker afaik.  Which is strange.  Why would you post a bogus score and have it be anything but #1? Silly..

I agree with the assertion that the score list is fairly silly anyway, especially when it's easy to cheat.  I put a ridiculous score up there because nobody had done it in a while and it was actually somewhat fun to do .. for a while .. in that version. :tai:  God, how someone can even stand to find and walk to 1000 staircases is beyond me :unsure:

#67 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:47 PM

no actually i didnt even notice that the first one had 21 traits and i counted wrong on the 6th one :unsure: (it is easy to miscount)

and i shouldnt have to provide proof when there is a list on the webpage... if i say: "Hey somebody has 21 traits!" and you wont believe it then you just think im talking crap (and why would i?). In that case you should look if what i say is true before saying that i'm talking crap. if it isnt then you can say: "where is your proof?"

My "evidence" lies in my statement because i could just easily say: "Hey spot 20 has 2u347523728756827456 traits!" so whats the point of posting it if you can just check? me saying that spot 6 has 22 traits isnt evidence is it? your gonna have to check to be sure

anyways enough of that... im not getting into a discussion with you about it because your so much more articulate :bleh:

and yeah.... i think the highscore list is (sadly) pretty worthless even without the cheaters because if the game actually gets too easy and boring whats the point... the one with the most patience is the one who gets the top score.

well the game isnt finished so mabye thatll all change.

(and yeah your right... why the heck does the cheater have such a crappy score? :tai: )

Posted Image

#68 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:37 PM

I suppose he's either a bad cheater or he posted his score when there weren't many other players in the highscore list yet.:tai:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#69 stijnelijn

stijnelijn

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

Well surpassing this highscore stuff: some bantering.

I follow this game for a few versions, and in my humble oppinion it got worse with the rising version number. Were in older versions you could play around with the skills, in the newest it seems only a few standard types are remotely playable.  This in the name of balancing the game, i call it flattening the game.

The magic failure still is plain annoying, failing 6 times in a row on a spell where you should have 80% chance is not a surprice. All % numbers seem to be a little messed up in the game anyways.

Critters are placed in the map now and then, apart from ambushes, which i accept, there are also random new critters placed, and quite often 1 square away from you. They then hit at once since they get placed in their own turn. I consider this a sin.

For the rest there are just some small annoyances, like impossible to survive curses, beinging poisoned like 5 times longer then you would logicly be. Constant need for food and water. And some others.

Since the skills were more fun in the older versions i would almost suggest to download one of them instead if your interested in this game which definatly has some nice things.

#70 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:52 PM

Well, I haven't tried any of the most recent versions, but I think my favourite version is still the one with the flawed spellcasting, because it's the only one in which non-magic users stand a chance.

#71 malota

malota

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

I'm pleasantly suprised that so many people are interested in my little game :P

Until recently, I was quite occupied with work, but now I've managed to yank out a new release of the game that (hopefully) takes care takes care of some of the problems mentioned above, especially the bug that allowed some people to create characters with more than 7 creation points.

You can find the new version at http://laby.toybox.d....php3?sprache=1

I would also like to point out that an old classmate of me has managed to recreate the game from scratch, using PureBasic; his version also works under Linux as well as Windows systems, and he has implemented some things quite differently :huh:

You can find the "PureBasic flavor" version of Lost Labyrinth at www.lostlabyrinth.com.

Both versions (together with some older versions of the game) can also be downloaded from the SourceForge Website.

#72 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Ah, yes, that reminds me: I really need to try the latest version and update the review.:huh: I think the game has changed quite a bit since 4.010e, right?

#73 zeand

zeand

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

reloaded review:

Multiplayer modes:
None
Wrong. Hot Seat.

#74 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:00 AM

zeand, on Apr 1 2006, 03:08 AM, said:

reloaded review:

Multiplayer modes:
None
Wrong. Hot Seat.
No, not wrong.

review said:

The version I played was 4.010e
As I just said, the game has changed quite a bit since I wrote the review, and we've already been discussing whether we should have a new review. But the problem about that is that as long as the game keeps changing as it's being developed, there wouldn't be much point in writing a second review which may again need to be replaced two months later.

#75 malota

malota

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

As I just said, the game has changed quite a bit since I wrote the review, and we've already been discussing whether we should have a new review. But the problem about that is that as long as the game keeps changing as it's being developed, there wouldn't be much point in writing a second review which may again need to be replaced two months later.

I don't think the game has changed that much that a new review would be needed; most of the changes were additional monsters/spells/traits/items.

Reply to this topic