16 replies to this topic

#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

I reserved a copy of this game for when it comes out next month.

I don't know how many of you played the original series (//INFECTION, //MUTATION, //OUTBREAK, & //QUARANTINE), but I loved them.

Sure, they weren't graphically superior, but the concept was really cool, and gameplay was interesting and fun.

I've been checking out progress on GU for a while now (they're planning on releasing 3 in this series), and it's based on the .hack//ROOTS anime series, much like the original games were based on //SIGN. The screens look awesome, and though the concept is pretty similar (which is fine with me), they've expanded it to include quite a few new features. I don't know a whole lot about the actual story, as //ROOTS hasn't been released in the US as of yet, but what I have seen/read about sounds intriguing.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 Zer0

Zer0

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:16 AM

View Posttaikara, on Sep 14 2006, 04:48 PM, said:

I reserved a copy of this game for when it comes out next month.

I don't know how many of you played the original series (//INFECTION, //MUTATION, //OUTBREAK, & //QUARANTINE), but I loved them.

Sure, they weren't graphically superior, but the concept was really cool, and gameplay was interesting and fun.

I've been checking out progress on GU for a while now (they're planning on releasing 3 in this series), and it's based on the .hack//ROOTS anime series, much like the original games were based on //SIGN. The screens look awesome, and though the concept is pretty similar (which is fine with me), they've expanded it to include quite a few new features. I don't know a whole lot about the actual story, as //ROOTS hasn't been released in the US as of yet, but what I have seen/read about sounds intriguing.

Sorry to bump so old a topic, but it must be done. This game deserves it :P

I pre-ordered this game as well, and it was worth every penny. The game keeps you addicted long after you beat it, which is important for many games - re-playability. It's like they took the old games, put them all together, then completely scrapped them and made something a billion times better. Whether it's fighting in the Arena, helping out your guild shop, leveling up, or going off on quests, there's always something to be done in this game. Who knows, this might help solve some of you World Of Warcraft Addicts out there :sneaky:

#3 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

Yay!

I was beginning to feel a bit rejected with no .hack appreciators to comment in the thread.

I totally agree with you, it is an awesome game, and I very much enjoyed it. My only complaint is how short it is, but it makes up for it with the post-ending quests, collections, and whatnot.

Well, and it would be nice if there was a shortkey way to cast spells (I might have used them more often if I didn't have to navigate the gyro). But I think that's just nitpicking...
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#4 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

A link? I'm a fan of .hack games. I love net.hack, but haven't tried this. On second tought, if it's not for linux, don't bother linking.

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

Was a pc version ever made? Think this series of games has only been on the console side, least to my knowledge.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

I don't know. I haven't heard. Do you know what console?

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

Most of the series has been on the playstation 2, although I could've sworn there was a game released on the dreamcast at some point, must be imagining things.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Nov 17 2006, 04:03 PM, said:

Most of the series has been on the playstation 2, although I could've sworn there was a game released on the dreamcast at some point, must be imagining things.
Hmm. I own neither. D:

I'm a nintendo guy.

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:50 PM

Well so am I. :sneaky: But still I like to broaden my horizons especially when it comes to rpgs, must get a ps2, lots of rpgs that I haven't played on that system.

#10 Zer0

Zer0

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, the .hack games are only available on the PS2. There's (to my knowledge) not been a PC version of .hack yet.

#11 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

It seems that one of the .hack versions is playable on emulator.

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#12 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:55 PM

As far as I know, that isn't legal.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#13 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

Emulators themselves aren't illegal nor is emulation, downloading BIOS is (which you can obtain legally via special cables), emulation is pretty much murky as abandonware it's on the same level of (i)legality I suppose, somewhere in the grey area of law. Not to mention that for PS2 you can use a normal cd/dvd, roms (iso's) aren't needed.

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

It's also possible that the .hack version in question that is playable on an emulator could just be a trick. You tend to see that happen a lot with some roms, where a user will just upload gibberish and or harmful stuff into a rom to trick people to downloading it, so I'd be cautious about it, not to mention the legality issue again.

#15 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

what the hell are you guys talking about? it cant be that dont know something gamewise that you do :sneaky:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

Reply to this topic