#31 Sebatianos

Sebatianos

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

:)  ;)  ;)
From what I read here I guess you're all single right  ;)

#32 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:26 PM

Sebatianos, on May 11 2005, 11:08 PM, said:

:)  ;)  ;)
From what I read here I guess you're all single right  ;)
Not.

But that's totally unrelated, you awful person. Some people are single because they're just too good for those that they met.
I don't know but I've been told
Deirdre's got a Network Node
Likes to press the on/off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch !

- Spartan troup song -

#33 Sebatianos

Sebatianos

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:53 AM

Aureliano, on May 11 2005, 11:26 PM, said:

Some people are single because they're just too good for those that they met.
Or they just aren't good enough to meet someone they'd like  :)

#34 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

Heh, heh, heh
IPB Image

#35 TheSmyth

TheSmyth

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:08 AM

R Havell, on May 12 2005, 06:58 AM, said:

Quality.

Now if I could just get my other-half to believe that even one of those was remotely true, My life woul dbe so much easier. :)
"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand."

Murphys Law #143: Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

#36 Lizard

Lizard

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

R Havell, on May 12 2005, 06:58 AM, said:

I wonder if he have a girlfriend.... :)

#37 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

Maddox spits at everything, he is an idiot...

There are some points where I would agree with him though...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#38 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

That's called "jesting", Tulac. If you've ever heard about Something Awful you should know what this is. When people speak or write like that they don't mean half of what they say. It's just a cheap way to bring out a laughter using overly simplified logic, rampant vulgarity and sometimes even blatant lies. The reason it seems more true to some people is that it brings out the darker and unexpressed side of each and everyone of us. Those who seriously agree with those kind of jokes are assholes who do not deserve any kind of freedom because if there wasn't a moral system they would probably be rampaging around in vast groups, killing and raping indiscriminately.

Hehe, still funny after a hard day tho.

- Spartan troup song -

#39 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:36 PM

Personally, I find it pretty vulgar and offensive.

But hey, that might be because I'm a woman.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#40 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:21 PM

We need to breed a new race of badass women who'll not be offended by sites like this. It would make dating so much awesome.

- Spartan troup song -

#41 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:25 PM

I know lots of women who wouldn't be offended.

I just have this thing... it's called self-respect.

IMHO, laughing at it only encourages people to feel it's okay to think that way.

It's not.

Anyway, there's a difference between being offended and judging others for finding it amusing. I don't find it funny myself, but hey, if that's your cup of tea, drink it.
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
doodoodoo!!!

#42 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

I just can sense the "...and please choke on it."

Actually, I misinterpreted. I thought we were talking about the site as a whole, and you were talking about this particular piece. There are things I find amusing on it because of this abusive use of verbal violence : it fits especially well on certain subjects.

I was imagining a breed of women who would swear without remorse, listen to heavy metal and enjoy it for the melody, boast about their sexual skills and do not mind a good fight when the opportunity present itself. Would be like a man with a woman's body, which is the closer to homosexuality I'll ever get.

Relationship with females is not a subject I am particularly passionate about, so I don't have much interest in anything that makes fun of it. Guess I'm a natural (or just uninterested, which is the same if you think hard about it while wacking yourself on the head with a steel sausage).

Nevertheless, I prefer SomethingAwful. More polished, you might say.

- Spartan troup song -

#43 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

I should introduce you to my best friend.  :)

We both listen to metal, but you won't find me bragging about sexual prowess, or fighting for the hell of it.

I love my best friend, we complement each other well, but most women who brag about sexuality or pick fights do so because they're insecure. I think the same thing goes for men, but in a different way. Not all, but most. It's an attention thing.

And yes, it was just the particular piece, not the style of humor.
doodoodoo!!!

#44 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:56 PM

Aureliano, on May 12 2005, 09:32 PM, said:

I was imagining a breed of women who would swear without remorse, listen to heavy metal and enjoy it for the melody, boast about their sexual skills and do not mind a good fight when the opportunity present itself. Would be like a man with a woman's body, which is the closer to homosexuality I'll ever get.
  ;)

Wow... that made me doubt my masculinity... ;)

That is the completely opposite of me.

Swear.... Uhm, not really, no. I use swearwords mostly in jokes.
Heavy Metal.... Can't listen to it for more than 1 minute before I need to leave the room/house/city.
Sexual skills.... Me?! ;)
Good fights... There are good ones? :)

Yo!

#45 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:13 PM

Well, if it's masculinity you're aiming for, swearwords aren't actually required. A man that can make a sentence delicate and subtle enough is man enough for me, verbally speaking. Actually, swearing can be counterproductive since a lot of people use it as a screen to cover inner insecurities.

Heavy metal, well... actually, people who think the music you listen defines your personnality are wrong in most of their interpretations. Some stereotypes do exist, yes, however, I have found some remarcable examples of manly men listening to The Beatles, or even worse, The Who. So there is no way to draw a definite portrait on there neither.

Sexual skills are best infered than outright told : that would be just vulgar. And a manly man is never vulgar : he's classy.

Good fights are the ones in which you fight without hatreed, and without putting your ego at stake. Good fights are just like sport practice, except you get injured more often. Big deal.

Allright, so I was babbling nonsense. I would have no desire for the type of girl I described. Actually, the only quality I like to see in a girl is self-respect, which makes the whole person shine in some indescriptible light (granted she's not TOO awful looking, of course - there are damages nothing can fix). But it may not be the same kind of self respect we're talking about , so I would not jump on conclusions if I were you Tai :)

PS : this is the kind of posts that makes me wish English was my native language. Need more adjectives !

- Spartan troup song -