Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:52 PM

hmm seems we dont have enough players a1s 
well there's:
danny
yours truly
FPJ
DoubleR
and you, I suppose.
that's 5 allready and you only said we needed 4...
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#32 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

ok sounds good.

like i said we'll have to discuss how we are going to play.
im not going to play as ill be managing the game. first off whos for anonymous votes and whos for open votes?

edit: also any suggestions are welcome.. might take awhile until we start as this does have to be thought out. if anybody wants to play a specific ruleset let us know. its up to you guys

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#33 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

Ok, in that case I'll vote for open (at first :P).

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#34 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

I second to that.

I think we should start with skeltal rules (i.e. the bare minimum to have this thing running) and then work from there.
BTW, I must have missed this part: how is it that we need a manager of the game?
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#35 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

because of stuff that can happen that has to be managed by a neutral person.
if we need dice rolls then i take that over... thats just 1 example. there are plenty of rules that could be made up that need a neutral person. even if they dont come up we need somebody ready for them.

and i agree on the rule thing actually

edit: vist: http://www.earlham.e.....m#initial set

those are the original rules

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#36 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

Ooh this is looking good.

Open votes for the first game are an idea. We can see how it goes from there. Maybe, one day we'll come up with something like:

"Rule 333: Doubler's votes against Danny's proposals will be counted as votes for, rather than against, in future."

This is gonna be fun! *re-reads rules to find loopholes...*

:P
user posted image
Meep?

#37 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:44 PM

334 (Passed 17-05-'05, 6:00): Amendment of Rule 203: (A rule-change is adopted if and only if the vote is unanimous among the eligible voters. If this rule is not amended by the end of the second complete circuit of turns, it automatically changes to require only a simple majority). Instead of a unanimous vote, a 3/4 vote in favor of the Rule-change will be required for it to be adopted. This Rule change ignores Rule 107.

335 (Passed 17:05-'05, 6:02): All following and preceding Rules proposed by Danny shall be utterly void of any meaning, and them being accepted will serve only to humour him.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#38 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:09 PM

:P
this should be quite fun :P

ok guys think we should play with the rules stated up there?

Posted Image

#39 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:32 PM

sure. except ofcourse in 201 "surname" should be read as UserName. :P

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#40 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

Oh, username, naturally.

(HAH! I GET TO GO BEFORE DOUBLER! Oh.. damn.. someone's gonna change the rules now ^^)
user posted image
Meep?

#41 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

I get to be first: there's nothing that can beat "a1..." :P

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#42 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:17 PM

I think "!" would beat it ^^
^^
user posted image
Meep?

#43 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

If DakaSha will be serving as Judge for the entire game, then rule 212 needs to be modified.
Today is a good day for pie.

#44 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

im not a judge per se. im just the "computer". ill handle anything that needs to be done by a neutral player (like i said rolling dice, dealing cards... basicaly anything that has a random component.) ill also be in charge of the first post (see below) and for pming votes to.

That rule states that the preceding player is judge so its ok. like i said i might be fairly useless.. but we need somebody available just in case.

in case there is something that you guys cannot agree on for whatever reason i will take role as supreme grand dictator master god for life and decide on it although not untill it is obvious that there is no other way.

ok im going to study the rules today-tonight and try to get it all in my head. then ill open a thread for the start of the game.

like i said. all rules (including the original rules) and rule changes/new rules will be in the first post as will turn order. im going to randomize turn order because otherwise the same players will always be first/last in every game (if this works and we play more :P). votes will be PM'd to me and after i recieve all of them they will be listed in a new post and the first post will be changed if needed. this marks the beginning of the next turn

if anybody has any other complaints/ideas/whatever let me know :P

edit: it is also completly possible that you guys vote for a "judge". in that case ill also take that over

Posted Image

#45 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

double post but i need to ask:

i was thinking of a mix between the normal point gaining and the computer point gaining:

After i recieve all votes for a proposal ill role 1 die. the player recieves those points + the amount of "yes" votes he recieved (not counting his own yes of course). ill also cap the starting winning limit at 150 since you automatically recieve more points this way.

i thought it would make it interesting because there is still a random element but one will try to propose "popular" rules while at the same time creating rules for ones own benefit.

point totals will also be listed in the first post

everybody ok with what ive said so far?

also if anybody else decides to join nows the time :P

edit: im also not sure if i like this rule:

204. If and when rule-changes can be adopted without unanimity, the players who vote against winning proposals shall receive 10 points each.

but ill let you guys decide on it

Posted Image