89 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:31 AM

This game actually looks very promising. There's a demo out, which can be downloaded from the link, and it looks very nice. The graphics are very well done, in the style of the old indy games (I'm pretty sure some of the graphics are ripped, but I'm not sure since it's been a long time since I  played the old games). Anyway, I think it will turn out well, and I for one am looking forward to it.

I always thought it was a shame that the whole indy franchise just faded away. :)

Screens (updated 11.9.2005):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Indy at German airport, disguised as a Nazi:
Posted Image

Indy reads an old document.
Posted Image
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:30 AM

Oooooh.

I loved the original Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :)

This is exciting, thanks for posting it  ;)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:43 AM

Hey it's looking good I think I've seen something like this before, so good to see that it's progressing along can't wait to play it.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Doc Adrian

Doc Adrian

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:14 AM

Oh I like! I am glad they are redoing and adding to the old lucas games!  :)
IPB Image
another great Signature and Avatar by Taikara -Thanks Tai

#5 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:03 PM

Crappy dialogue though judging by one of those screenshots. "My name is Steve Schwarz, and yes, I am a Freemason."?

Life is not Alcoholics Anonymous which is what that line reminds me of, and Freemasons would not come out and say they are freemasons to someone who isn't. They would do a handshake corresponding to their degree. If the other person doesn't reciprocate the handshake, then they know they aren't a freemason.

Also, does anybody else wonder why it has the name 'Last Crusade'... when the game doesn't feature Indy searching for the grail? That is, after all, the whole point of what the Crusades were about, and why it was the 'Last' crusade.

#6 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:56 PM

LordHart, on Jun 21 2005, 04:03 PM, said:

They would do a handshake corresponding to their degree. If the other person doesn't reciprocate the handshake, then they know they aren't a freemason.
That is correct.

#7 'Scaahz

'Scaahz

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:38 AM

They didn't fade away as such - more like they morphed into horrendous action games, like "The infernal machine"... 'Infernal' was definitely the right word for it. But I guess someone out here must enjoy them, some people are into that kind of thing  :)

(By the way, my Granddad's a mason, and these days it's not all cloak and dagger stuff, they do community based philanthropic stuff. Besides, he's got a new plastic hip, so hopping on one leg for some funky handshake-type-ritual would be impossible!  ;) )

#8 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:29 PM

@LordHart: Yeah, the dialog does seem kind of crappy, but the guy is aware of the spelling/grammar mistakes and intends to correct them in the game, and the quote you post is almost certainly taken out of context.

@'Scaahz: I'd completely forgotten about The Infernal Machine. I must admit I never played it, but it really didn't seem to be a good game (at least not my type of game).

Anyway, a new rolling demo has been released, which can be downloaded from the guys site.  :)

#9 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

The Infernal Machine wasn't too bad actually (a friend gave it to me after finding it wouldn't work on his computer), it's in the style of the Tomb Raider games but is  superior to the Tomb Raider game that came out at the same time (Last Revelation).
IPB Image

#10 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

(By the way, my Granddad's a mason, and these days it's not all cloak and dagger stuff, they do community based philanthropic stuff. Besides, he's got a new plastic hip, so hopping on one leg for some funky handshake-type-ritual would be impossible!  :) )
Yeah, my dad is a Freemason as well, and he's been trying to get me to join since I turned 18. And yeah, they are alot more open about their society these days, but back in the 40's it was still a big deal to not let people know you were one.

@LordHart: Yeah, the dialog does seem kind of crappy, but the guy is aware of the spelling/grammar mistakes and intends to correct them in the game, and the quote you post is almost certainly taken out of context.
At least he knows and wants to improve it. Thats always good. And while the line I quoted might be out of context, it is still way too dull and too wooden.

#11 Fawfulhasfury

Fawfulhasfury

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:17 AM

My grandparents are masons too. :)
Pi stinks, tastes horribles, and I hate it! But cake is good...

#12 'Scaahz

'Scaahz

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

My grandparents are masons too.
It must be something in the water :)

....And as for the infernal machine- not my cup of tea. Give me fine leather jackets to sell any day over trying to shoot things (Mostly because I miss though! )

#13 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:13 PM

*bump*

New screens. And the game is now called Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon, instead of the somewhat self contradictory Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 2. It should be out in november.

#14 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:39 PM

Looks good.  Can't wait till it comes out.   :)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

Flop, on Sep 11 2005, 08:13 PM, said:

And the game is now called Indiana Jones and the Crown of Solomon, instead of the somewhat self contradictory Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 2.
Yes, I was wondering about that as well. Would that have turned the original game into Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (But One)?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks