Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

I N T E R S T E L L A R

THE NEXT FILM FROM CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

D i s c u s s i o n  T h r e a d

It's official, the Memento, The Prestige, Inception, and Dark Knight Trilogy director's next film is called Interstellar. This thread I think will be one of the first on the internet dedicated to the new film.

"According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Dark Knight Rises director is in talks to direct and produce sci fi flick 'Interstellar' for Paramount and Warner Brothers.The screenplay, written by his regular collaborator and brother Jonathan Nolan, sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole. Heavily focused on "time travel and alternative dimensions", the story is apparently based on scientific theories by theoretical physicist and gravitational physicist Kip Thorne."

I think we can expect some of the cast members from Inception and the Dark Knight Trilogy to be in the film, since Nolan usually casts a similar set of actors. Nolan is taking over the project from Steven Spielberg.

I think we can expect a 2014 release date at the earliest. Anyone excited? :woot:

I'll be posting links with news and all, because I expect a load of news coming online about Interstellar. This is going to be a huge film. :thumbsup:

More:
Christopher Nolan's New Project is Called Interstellar

Christopher Nolan To Tackle Sci-Fi In His Next Movie; INTERSTELLAR

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sci fi?  Time travel?  Alternate dimensions?  This catches my interest!  :smile:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I expect Chris Nolan to take on all this from a scientific perspective, a real perspective, maybe a business one. Inception was built around corporate espionage, and even Dark Knight Rises had corporate dealings in it (Bane's hit on the stock exchange, Bane being given funds and resources by Daggett, and Miranda's energy project).

I would love if Nolan went back to that formula, since it worked so well. Companies using time travel and alternate dimensions? Sounds good. Plus Nolan should steal some of my writings, on how I wrote time travel into the City of Secrets story. :tongue:

#4 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

From wikipedia:

On 9 January 2013, it was announced that Nolan will be directing and producing his next project; a science-fiction film titled Interstellar. The script was written by Jonathan Nolan and was originally to be directed by Steven Spielberg. A day later it was revealed that Nolan was rewriting the script in order to incorporate an original idea of his own. The film will reportedly depict "a heroic interstellar voyage to the farthest borders of our scientific understanding".

Interesting article here as well:
http://www.hollywood...rstellar-410616

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

INTERSTELLAR Gets A Release Date :hugegrin:

November 7, 2014. Big movies in 2014. Hobbit, Interstellar, and more!

Article

#6 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Can't wait  :woot:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Matthew McConaughey confirms he'll star in Christopher Nolan movie ‘Interstellar’ (This shocked me. He's a cool guy, but I don't see him in a Chris Nolan film.. hmm.)

Christopher Nolan Enlists TINKER TAILOR Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema to Shoot INTERSTELLAR

Anne Hathaway To Star With Matthew McConaughey in Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’

#8 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wonderful stuff  :biggrin:

#9 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hans Zimmer to Score Nolan's Interstellar

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Wes Bentley Cast in Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Anne Hathaway and Michael Caine are also in it.  All we need is Christian Bale, and we'll have a Batman reunion.  LOL

#12 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

LOL

The Dark Knight: Interstellar. :tongue:

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Great film  :biggrin:

#14 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

I think the closet thing we will ever get to Inception 2, besides a game, is probably Interstellar. LOL

Unless I write a sequel myself. :tongue: In the form of a roleplay/screenplay.

#15 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Legendary Trades 'Man of Steel' Sequel Stake for a Piece of Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'