#1 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

http://www.titaniumchef.ca/
I stumbled across this yesterday. It's a type of adventure / puzzle game which was originally designed to teach Canadian children about healthy nutrition and cooking, but from what little I've seen of it so far it's actually surprisingly fun to play (and the "educational" message of the game doesn't seem to get in the way of that). The only disadvantage is that it's only been released very recently and they're clearly getting far more response than they had anticipated, so the server can't cope with all the requests. Which means I wasn't actually able to play for more than about ten minutes until the game refused to load the next scene.;) It looks promising, though. If the server problems get fixed, I'd be happy to review it.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hey, nice find, Raffles.   :D

I played for a while as 'Guest', and it's a lot of fun.    :Brain:

The load times are very slow, but I still enjoyed it.

Please, feel free to review it whenever you want.  

;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

View PostFrodo, on Oct 4 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

Hey, nice find, Raffles.   :D

I played for a while as 'Guest', and it's a lot of fun.    :Brain:

The load times are very slow, but I still enjoyed it.

Please, feel free to review it whenever you want.  

;)
I will, as soon as I manage to get past the bit where the game currently gets stuck (as in it keeps loading indefinitely) all the time: the bit after you leave the boss's place at the beginning. It's really quite irritating, because I got further the first time I played it and now I can't seem to make it past that bit no matter what.:Brain:

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

Frodo, can I ask you a stupid question (other than this one, that is)? Where is this Yessir I need to give the leaves to? I've got completely lost with all the names, and it's annoying, because it means I'm stuck. I've tried visiting all the places I could think of and talking to anyone in sight.:P Do you happen to remember where I should look for him?

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hmm, it's been a while since I played the game, and I've forgotten all the names now.   :P

Where abouts are you in the game?  What tasks do you need to do (or have just done) apart from giving leaves to someone?  Any distinctive landmarks?

But I'm glad you could finally play it.   :D
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Yes, amazingly enough it works fine on my mother's ancient computer.:P Go figure.

Hmm, I'm quite close to the end, I think. I've become Titanium Chef, I've got teleport access to all five locations, I've retrieved that diary-thingie, a ram's head and a necklace, got new music from someone, fed an awful lot of people and collected seven out of ten RandoRoot seeds. Somebody told me to get those leaves quite early in the game, so, but I can't remember who it was, not even vaguely. I suspect it must have been someone at Folossa or the Megastation - possibly even Quarus, because those were the first three locations to become available, but I must have spoken to everybody twice now, and I still can't figure out who needs those leaves. I must be missing something really obvious.:D
If it wasn't so late in the game, I'd just start over and pay more attention when getting that quest, but I don't want to start again from scratch...

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

I'm finding Level 4 kinda hard.   :P

I can't get the meals right.

#8 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

View PostFrodo, on Dec 19 2009, 03:53 AM, said:

I'm finding Level 4 kinda hard.   :P

I can't get the meals right.
Is that before or after meeting Moxie's brother?

#9 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

Moxie has a brother???   :P

#10 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

Yes, he's a slightly larger, blue fur ball.:P He arrives with the orange chefbot and Moxie decides to stay with him (probably so you won't be able to get any more hints from her in any future installments).
I think I'm finished now, but I can't actually find a proper ending. Is there supposed to be one?

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

*sniff*  I'm gonna miss Moxie   :D

I think, when I finished it before (this was before Part 4 was released), there was some text about 'What new adventures await our hero, blah blah blah', which kinda gave it an ending.  Maybe Part 4 is the start of a new chapter, and another installment will be released soon, to continue the story?   :P

#12 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostFrodo, on Dec 19 2009, 11:10 AM, said:

*sniff*  I'm gonna miss Moxie   :D

I think, when I finished it before (this was before Part 4 was released), there was some text about 'What new adventures await our hero, blah blah blah', which kinda gave it an ending.  Maybe Part 4 is the start of a new chapter, and another installment will be released soon, to continue the story?   :P
Hmm, I don't know. The title music was playing when Moxie announced her decision to stay behind in order to catch up with her brother, but after that nothing happened, which was a bit of a letdown. Perhaps they're working on another part, but there's no indication of it on the website.
I'm feeling a little disappointed now.:D

Reply to this topic