#211 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:38 PM

Heh, I'm just "default" these days?

Every other VIP has a custom title! All the cool kids have them, I want one!

How about something crazy and entirely new....

"Mr Magic!" (Admins, please god NO!)
Me>You

#212 Henning

Henning

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

I think the matter has already been taken care of.

And yes, Raffles, that is indeed illegible. The thing is, any resizing would involve a maaaaaajor redesign. And I think it's pretty obvious that the two busses represent to different things.

Now for some more pictures!

#213 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:16 PM

Thanks all of you for your comments. Really appreciated it.

@Raffles and Frodo
I know you can't really read the "reloaded" bit, but each of those letters are only 2x2 pixels. It's the best I can do with that size. I can't make it readable, just give the impression that it says "reloaded". :)

Yo!

#214 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

Fair enough.:) Other than that it looks great, though.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#215 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

View PostTom Henrik, on Aug 5 2006, 06:16 PM, said:

@Raffles and Frodo
I know you can't really read the "reloaded" bit, but each of those letters are only 2x2 pixels. It's the best I can do with that size. I can't make it readable, just give the impression that it says "reloaded". ;)

*Gets magnifying glass*   Ah yes, it says 'Reloaded'   :)

The buses are brilliant though.  I like the wee space invader guy on the AR bus.   :P

:)
Welcome back Tom.   :bleh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#216 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:50 AM

It's been a while since I did some pixeling, so I thought "Why not?"

And, as I have recieved a lot of ranting about me not using Photoshop for my work, I decided to do one using just that. So hah!

Anyways, this isn't a pure pixel, as I used it to practise working with gradients (which in pixel work is the biggest no-no you can possibly do). But there are heavy pixel elements in the work, nontheless.

I used my own TV as a model. I hope you'll like it.

Attached Files

Yo!

#217 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:18 AM

Brilliant work Tom.    :huh:    :bleh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#218 Indie

Indie

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

pixel skills! Awesome Trondheim pics earlier there even though you edited them a bit, and the pixel stuff is amazing.

#219 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:54 PM

Thanks Frodo and Indie :bleh:

And here's another gradient training piece. This time a bit more hardcore. I present to you my portable CD Player/Radio:

(For a photo of the player, click here. Although, my speakers are a bit different, as you can see.)

Attached Files

Yo!

#220 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

Just wanted to show a step by step animation of the CD Player/Radio. Always wanted to make one of those :bleh:

Attached Files

Yo!

#221 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

Cool Tom. That's awsome.

#222 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

Thanks, Potatoe :sneaky:

My next project will be the Sony CFD-V7. If I can make that one, I believe my gradient training can be concluded for this time :P

Yo!

#223 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

View PostTom Henrik, on Nov 9 2006, 05:26 PM, said:

Thanks, Potatoe :sneaky:

My next project will be the Sony CFD-V7. If I can make that one, I believe my gradient training can be concluded for this time :P
Good luck.

But if I could make Pixel art like that. I suck at pixel art and it's the think I need to get started with AGS. Well. Practice makes perfect.

#224 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:43 PM

Well, the colouring above was done in Photoshop, so you can't really give me credit for that. It's just gradient training. Basically understanding how to best use gradients in Photoshop and how to use them to create shapes. :sneaky:

Just to give you an idea, I first begin by making squares and then start rounding the corners to create the effect that I want. All that work is done in MS Paint, as making squares and lines are really easy to do in that program. Once I have a nice looking skeleton that I feel looks very much like what I am aiming for, I take it to Photoshop and adds the gradients and details.

This is the frame skeleton as of today. I made it here the other day, and as you can see, the actual CD Player is still completely square, and looks nothing like the photo of the player above.

Don't be afraid of playing around. I was completely new to graphical work myself, and began after getting active on Abandonia :P

Attached Files

Yo!

#225 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

View PostTom Henrik, on Nov 9 2006, 08:43 PM, said:

Well, the colouring above was done in Photoshop, so you can't really give me credit for that. It's just gradient training. Basically understanding how to best use gradients in Photoshop and how to use them to create shapes. :sneaky:

Just to give you an idea, I first begin by making squares and then start rounding the corners to create the effect that I want. All that work is done in MS Paint, as making squares and lines are really easy to do in that program. Once I have a nice looking skeleton that I feel looks very much like what I am aiming for, I take it to Photoshop and adds the gradients and details.

This is the frame skeleton as of today. I made it here the other day, and as you can see, the actual CD Player is still completely square, and looks nothing like the photo of the player above.

Don't be afraid of playing around. I was completely new to graphical work myself, and began after getting active on Abandonia :P
Thanks! Now I know and knowing is half the battle!