80 replies to this topic

#1 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

Anyone ever seen ninjaburger.com? I love that site. Bought the RPG off them but never actually played it.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#2 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

Yep, Enter The Ninja is a great site, too :blink: And if you're interested in how to make ninja gear... got a site I backed up years ago (which's long since gone offline), which even explains how to make a katana.

#3 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hi guys. I split these posts from the How To Be A Ninja thread in Projects in the making. I did it mostly because I think that it might be a cool discussion, which wouldn't have amounted to much in the other topic since it was kind of off-topic.

Anyway, I've played Ninja Burger the cardgame, and I thought it was alright. I still prefer Illuminati, though. :blink:

Also, can anyone recommend any good ninja movies? American Ninja is all I can think of right now, and those don't qualify as good, IMO (although they are somewhat entertaining :D).
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

http://www.ninjai.com

No need to say more :blink:

Yo!

#5 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:39 PM

Good ninja movies... there's Ninja Scroll the movie. Never really seen it myself (found it, but with very poor sound), but it's been recommended by a recommendable recommendator. Aside from that, I can highly recommend The Seven Samurai. It's samurai, not ninjas, but it's cool as hell, and fits the theme anyways.

#6 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

I have both of those on dvd, actually. I'd forgotten about Ninja Scroll. It is indeed very good, one of the best anime movies I've seen.

Seven Samurai is also great, of course, even if it doesn't quite qualify as a ninja movie. :blink:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#7 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

Ninja = Teh Childish

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#8 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:55 PM

(Ninja = teh childish) == teh childish.

They're just plain cool. Nobody can disagree with that without knowing they're lying :blink:

#9 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

No, invisible aliens with 2 heads are cool, not ninjas :blink:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

Ninjai= One of the best flash cartoons ever made.  :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#11 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:58 PM

Alright, Samurai movies as well, eh? :D

Check out "When the Last Sword is Drawn" - you won't regret it. It is by far the best samurai movie I have seen to this date. And I have seen lots. As for Seven Samurais, my favourite character was Rikichi - the farmer who had lost his wife in the past. I really liked that character. :blink:

For those of you who might not remember him by name :D
Posted Image

Yo!

#12 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

Can't beat Kyuzo. He's the coolest of them all. Just look at him being cool in that movie. Now THAT's cool.

#13 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:09 PM

To me, Kyuzo doesn't really have a defined character at all. He seems to be more of a last minute addition to the plot. "We need a seventh man... Alright, let's do it the simple way. He has a sword, and he just walks around and rarely speaks - that way we don't have to worry about dialogues. Good plan. Hmm... yes, let's make him the "mysterious samurai" ™. There, plot done. Yay."

He is cool, but he is also shallow, in my oppinion :blink:

Yo!

#14 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

He's as shallow as you can understand, which you obviously don't at all. He's got more character than the other samurais (aside from monkey-samurai, that head samurai (the one that rubs his head) and the young samurai). Just got to have some basic sight into humans. Normally, everybody should be able to understand Kyuzo's character.

#15 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

monkey-samurai
Monkey? Hehe. That was a weird show.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.